IHS Selection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IHS Selection

I suspect my choice of IHS will be dictated mostly by timezone. I have checked out the "IHS Information" post, and some of the individual IHS squad posts but most don't list the timezone that the players are from.

I am based in California so looking for an IHS that plays in the evenings from 6pm on, and also one that will be entering ladder comps in the near future.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Ty.

Re: IHS Selection

3rd usually runs its business from 8pm EST onwards. Most ladder play will be around 9 or 9:30pm EST if past history holds true. I can't update you on the hours of the others. If I were you I'd look for the right fit for personality, and pay attention to which IHS tags you see in the servers on the hours you are playing.
    TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

Good call on checking which tags I see most of. I see a lot of 12th but they're not recruiting right now so I'll keep looking.

Comment

Hey Tycalt, I can't speak on the behalf of all IHS's, but I'm guessing timezone compatibility is typically at the bottom of most IHS recruiting priorities. As Crux said, the servers are usually the hottest on weekdays after work, I always see a wide spectrum of TG-tagged members when I'm on. I know quite a few players are east coast based, but I too am in California and have no problem finding TG members, IHS and non-affiliated, when I typically play (6:30 PST - 11:30 PST).

My advice would be to just play with TG with an "open mind". Eventually, you'll notice the subtle differences among the IHS's. Try playing with the members that fit your playstyle and get along with the most. Like any good community, IHS's should cater to you, not the other way around.

Comment

Hey Tycalt. My best advice to you is to keep doing what you a doing. You are a solid team player, you take leadership when you need to and you always focus on enhancing the squad\team. Keep contributing and the right thing will happen in time. Keep mixing it up with all the IHS. You will find the right fit, just give it some time. Always nice to have you in the squad. JB

Comment

I agree with the above posts that you should try to find the one that fits your personality more instead of the time they play at. You will play with them that is a given but will you actually fit in to the group personality/age or whatever other criteria that is another question.

Comment

The guys summed it up pretty good thus far. Most IHSes dont have a timezone requirement. Hell, the 6th has people spanning from pacific time to central europe, so you can imagine the time spread on that grouping. But we still manage to get together very frequently.

Comment

I don think there are any west coast heavy ihs. the 16th is all east coast and central. If you can not find an ihs that is west coast, perhaps some other TGers in the same boat would like to start an IHS with a west coast time zone focus.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The 1stMIP does not compete for ladders, chairs, or other such items, but we do a great line dance . . .

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the advice (and the kind words jb4). Nice vid E-Male. Catch you all online soon then, to try and figure out where I fit in :)

Comment

Originally posted by Tycalt View Post
                      I suspect my choice of IHS will be dictated mostly by timezone. I have checked out the "IHS Information" post, and some of the individual IHS squad posts but most don't list the timezone that the players are from.

I am based in California so looking for an IHS that plays in the evenings from 6pm on, and also one that will be entering ladder comps in the near future.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Ty.
                      I think you misunderstand the system. The IHS chooses you, not the other way around. So with humility you might get chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                        I think you misunderstand the system. The IHS chooses you, not the other way around. So with humility you might get chosen.
                        I think it is rather a mutual choice. Certainly the 3rd turns its share of applicants down, but at the same time clearly many people choose IHSs other than the 3rd. That would indicate people most both choose and IHS and the IHS must also choose them.
                        TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

^^^^this

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
                          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Yes, it has to work for both parties.

[sarcasm]

The judge in the 'case I can't talk about because the victim may still play games at TG' used the term 'mutual consent'.

[/sarcasm]

As the genius JB4 said, keep doing what you are doing. They may reach out to you, you may reach out to them, you may both show up in a TS channel together, share a few drinks, and just hit it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Crux View Post
                              I think it is rather a mutual choice. Certainly the 3rd turns its share of applicants down, but at the same time clearly many people choose IHSs other than the 3rd. That would indicate people most both choose and IHS and the IHS must also choose them.
                              Yes you are correct, it's more like a marriage ;). I should have been more complete in my post there. It is also different for different IH squads.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X