Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DICE just confirmed in livestream that Caspian Border's antenna will be destructible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DICE just confirmed in livestream that Caspian Border's antenna will be destructible

Does this excite anyone else? I'm ready for that thing to come down and take out some buildings.

Re: DICE just confirmed in livestream that Caspian Border's antenna will be destructi

Why? Is this a game about soldiers fighting each other, or about "let's see how creatively I can destroy things"?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by theimmortalbum View Post
      Does this excite anyone else? I'm ready for that thing to come down and take out some buildings.
      There's an antenna?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Re: DICE just confirmed in livestream that Caspian Border's antenna will be destructi

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
        Why? Is this a game about soldiers fighting each other, or about "let's see how creatively I can destroy things"?
        The first, obviously. But tell me that a jet losing control and hitting that tower wouldn't make for a great Battlefield Moment.

Comment

Hehe. I'm sure it will be fun. I just wish they'd put some effort into some other, more important things. :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Its a game about fighting soldiers in the most creative way possible.

Who doesn't want to take out a squad of soldiers by utilising a well timed explosion in perilous proximity to an antenna?

Comment

Hehe. I'm sure it will be fun. I just wish they'd put some effort into some other, more important things. :)
              Like what, a better squad system? Bigger maps? Nah! If Michael Bay's taught us anything, more explosions are all that you need.

Comment

Good, this should take care of those camping snipers at the top of the antenna :)
                You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
                sigpic

Comment

"let's see how creatively I can destroy things"?

This ^^^^

You mean to tell me you don't drive your tank around wantonly destroying every building in sight???

You're missing out on some great fun!!!!

Actually, I'll be happy to destroy those damn towers to take away the sniper perches.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

It already has the components needed, they just have to turn it on. I saw a video where the guy showed how there are cracks that show breaking points on anything destructible if you look at it through a sniper scope with the view distance far out. There's cracks all in the tower. I forget where I saw the video or how to search for it, though. Maybe "Caspian Border antenna destructible".

Comment

We can destroy the antenna?!! my bf3 experience is complete. (sarcasm)

Comment

I wonder if this is the jet-buff they were talking about?!

/me crosses fingers

Comment

Originally posted by Talos View Post
                          Good, this should take care of those camping snipers at the top of the antenna who wont help with the flags :)
                          Fixed that for you.
                          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                          E Pluribus Unum
                          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

/me drops the antenna on AoD's head

There, fixed that for ya! :)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                              I wonder if this is the jet-buff they were talking about?!

/me crosses fingers
                              heh. for all my complaining about the game, i will say that i do enjoy not constantly having the crap bombed out of me. although imo i think the jets will always remain weak simply because of the map sizes. when i ventured to hop in one, i found it nearly impossible to keep inbounds even on a 64 player map.
                              [TG]epheneh

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X