This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRNV Nerf Comming (Thankfully)

I know a lot of people (myself included) feel the IRNV is OP. I came across this post about it and thought I'd share:

Karl Magnus Troedsson: Based on player feedback, we have made some tweaks to the IRNV scope to make it more balanced with the rest of the accessories in the game. The change is planned to go into a future update of Battlefield 3, and we will have more details on this update at a later date. In general, balance issues are always a hot topic for a game that attracts competitive players. We take all balance feedback very seriously, and we strive to make sure that when we make any change it is always an improvement to the overall game. This means being very careful when we make changes so we don't over react. Battlefield 3 is a living game, and we intend to support it with balance and technical updates.
    Sadly they didn't say the "next" patch...only in a "future update" hopefully it will come sooner rather than later.

Re: IRNV Nerf Comming (Thankfully)

What they also need to fix and which in my opinion is the same or even worse is the guided missile shells for the tank. they do almost 90 degree turns and bends and are incredibly overpowered. Example: I was in the attack helo > tank locks on > shoots > I go on the other side of the hill and the missile made a bend that I havnt even seen AA missiles make.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
      What they also need to fix and which in my opinion is the same or even worse is the guided missile shells for the tank. they do almost 90 degree turns and bends and are incredibly overpowered. Example: I was in the attack helo > tank locks on > shoots > I go on the other side of the hill and the missile made a bend that I havnt even seen AA missiles make.
      To be fair though, at least the only reason he locked on you was because you were SOFLAM'd

Comment

Originally posted by Zelidus View Post
        To be fair though, at least the only reason he locked on you was because you were SOFLAM'd
        Yes, which is real easy to do.

Comment

Great to hear. This is really my only issue with the weapons (so far). I'm working on my other weapons and not using it on purpose (not allowed in TWL, etc.), not to rebel, it's just a much better experience than looking at glowing red bodies and I found myself using it as a 'crutch'.

Just curious:

Do you feel you need to use it to stay 'balanced' with those that are using it?
          Are you finding the novelty is wearing off?
          Can we keep this thread about the IRNV? ; )

Comment

Re: Guided Shells, Isn't there a counter measure for vehicles that you can unlock? the ECM Jammer?
            You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
            sigpic

Comment

Fantastic.

Yes. Yes. That would be nice.
              I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectNA View Post
                Just curious:

Yes (As a competitive player I won't put myself at a massive disadvantage willingly)
                No (based on the number of people that still use it)
                Its looking doubtful

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectNA View Post
                  1. Yes.
                  2. No, but I just got it last night. I don't want to use it...makes me feel cheap and dirty.
                  3. Of course.
                  |TG|Melee
                  Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

No way do you need it to stay equal. I used it when i first got it but now would take irons or the Eotech over it any day. I kill so many guys that use it its not even funny. No way does it give anybody an edge over me. If the guy kills you using irnv.....he more than likely will kill you using any other optic on the game. This isn't directed at anyone in particular but , i have followed these posts on the battlelog forums and see the arguments against it. Honestly i think people need to accept the fact that they may get killed once in awhile in a fps game.
                    To bad really because it was one of the things in this game that was almost a dead ringer to its real life counter part.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Eotech?

Comment

Holo.

Originally posted by pvt brokeback View Post
                        eotech?
                        You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                          No way does it give anybody an edge over me. If the guy kills you using irnv.....he more than likely will kill you using any other optic on the game
                          That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, although I disagree. When I use it I can consistently spot, fire, and kill more players than if I don't use it. It neglects camo and a lot of the cover in this game.

No way do you need it to stay equal. I used it when i first got it but now would take irons or the Eotech over it any day. I kill so many guys that use it its not even funny. No way does it give anybody an edge over me.
                          You kill so many guys that use it because everyone and their mother uses it. Also nobody says you can't still kill people without it, just that its overpowered to the point of unbalancing the game. We against it are arguing that the game would be better if it was either reduced in effectiveness or had a more severe consequence attached to using it.

I have followed these posts on the battlelog forums and see the arguments against it. Honestly i think people need to accept the fact that they may get killed once in awhile in a fps game.
                          This isn't a discussion on people that post in battlelog...unless you are directing that comment towards TGrs I don't think it is relevant to this conversation.

To bad really because it was one of the things in this game that was almost a dead ringer to its real life counter part.
                          I couldn't care less about how it functions in real life, what in BF3 actually functions just like it does in real life? This is a game and games should strive to be balanced and fun, the argument against IRNV is that it unbalances the game. Every option should have a pro and con to use, red dot scopes are good for close range but you have a harder time hitting longer range targets, 7x scopes are good for long range but useless for close range combat. Currently the pro's for using the IRNV far outweigh any cons of using it:

Pros:
                          Its great for in close combat because its a fast scope and a 1x zoom.
                          Its great for ranged combat because you get a very clear target to shoot even at long range.
                          It allows you to see through any foliage and neglects enemy camouflage.

Cons:
                          A slightly reduced FOV.
                          Last edited by Specterr; 11-18-2011, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Its the brand name for one of the holographic sights.

Ven your post is all over the place. I can't really get the just of it. But, perhaps you kill so many people that are using it because "so many people are using it". It'd be like saying that I am killing so many people nade/rocket spamming on metro.
                            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I think another thing it does is kill a lot of the cool gameplay that could be happening inside dark buildings and tunnels. Instead of choosing a taclight and carefully checking corners, or creeping through shadows attempting to pick out targets in the gloom, everyone pulls up their hackscope and shoots at the yellow.

If there was an actual counter, that would be one thing. A gadget or something that negated it. Like if the MAV EMP generator made IR scopes die. Or if there was a camouflage that totally cloaked you, or a perk that did it.
                              Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X