Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch next week - *changelog out, patch released

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...-update.aspx##

So what’s in the PC patch? You’ll see improved polish, stability, weapons balancing, squad control functionality, user interface enhancements, and several feature enhancements that address feedback the community has provided to date – plus we’re removing the so called “negative mouse acceleration” that some of you have experienced.
    Last edited by FBmantis; 11-22-2011, 02:33 AM.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Patch next week

squad control functionality
    :)

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I don't see VOIP mentioned

Comment

I wish they weren't so vague..."better squad control functionality" could just be them enlarging the join button for all we know.

Why can't they just tell us exactly what they've done?

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
          I wish they weren't so vague...better squad control functionality could just be them enlarging the join button for all we know.
          Sadly. . He's right.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
            I don't see VOIP mentioned
            It's being "looked into"

;)

Comment

What is improved polish?
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                What is improved polish?
                You think the sun's bright now? YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET! DICE WILL SEAR THE EYEBALLS FROM YOUR HEAD AND MAKE THEM RUN DOWN YOUR FACE LIKE THAT GUY IN RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK!!11111

Comment

For ye ol' poland'ers.

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I hope the stability aspect fixes the lock ups on launching the game, not only do I have to fight against a full server, I have to hope that once I get a spot the game doesn't freeze and I lose it.

Comment

hooray, making it more like CoD...next they'll 'fix' the fact that you can't bunny hop or dolphin dive.
                      [TG]epheneh

Comment

Originally posted by burble View Post
                        hooray, making it more like CoD...next they'll 'fix' the fact that you can't bunny hop or dolphin dive.
                        I did not see any mentions of COD until this post.

Don't know what you mean.

If you're talking about Assignments - meh. So they're like Contracts from Black Ops. Those were cool. Why not do something similar/improved in this game? Persistence is a great thing.

Also, "Contracts" were a borrowed concept from Halo Reach's daily and weekly "Challenges" which was borrowed from some other title, and so on and so on. Daily and Weekly challenges in Halo Reach were awesome.

That's right, I'm saying a console game's persistence feature set was awesome. On TG.
                        Skud

Comment

Yeah I don't see anything wrong with the Assignments portion. Whatever makes it interesting to unlock weapons I'm all for because just straight kills is well just straight kills. Changing it up a bit while not really hard at least makes it more interesting.

Besides what I hated about CoD was the feel of the game as far as shooting guns, health, no kick, no feedback just an arcade shooter. BF3 has so much more I just wish they would have a better combination of infantry maps and real BF2 sized larger vehicle maps. Everything is so damn close together which is what I also didn't like about CoD.
                          "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                          "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Back on topic...

What are some things you wish DICE would address faster? (Gameplay)

MAV/EOD roadkills. EOD is not too common, but if you've ever played on an Infantry only server... MAV "trolling" is ridiculous. Was killed by a guy yesterday with 467 MAV kills. Yep.
                            Skud

Comment

I personally am hoping for some performance fixes above all.

If they can streamline the memory usage I might be able to get some better rates in my fps and be able to turn up the settings just a bit and maybe less CTD... I hoping that's what they cryptically mean by 'more polish'... maybe so much so that I will be able to ALT+TAB occasionally without forcing a reset!

BF2 had major stability issues for me and others I know in the beginning, every time you alt+tab out the whole machine would die and forced a hard reboot. After a few patches it seemed to go away.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X