Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Side by Side Graphics Screenshot Comparisons (Image-Heavy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] Side by Side Graphics Screenshot Comparisons (Image-Heavy)

Here are some side by side comparisons of different graphics settings on the same screen, I found this a while ago and it reminded me of what E-male posted so this is a compliment to his videos in a way. Open in a new Tab for full-size views.

Overall Graphics Quality Settings:

Low:

Med:

High:

Ultra:

AA Post:

Off:

Low:

Med:

High:

Shadow Quality:

Low:

Med:

High:

Ultra:

Mesh Quality:

Low:

Med:

High:

Ultra:

Terrain Quality:

Low:

Med:

High:

Ultra:

Anisotropic Filtering:

1x:

2x:

4x:

8x:

16x:

Thanks to TweakGuides & Nvidia
    Last edited by MacLeod; 11-19-2011, 11:09 AM.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Re: Side by Side Graphics Screenshot Comparisons (Image-Heavy)

Performance Charts:

Others not mentioned in OP:

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Cool. I'm now confident that my settings are just fine. Thanks for the info.
      "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
      "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Hmmmm ... can not see any differences in different screens except the shadow boxes. May be due to my screen resolution limiting me to 1280 x1024. Got a Nvidia GTS560, maybe it's my monitor limit. And why is that soldier sniffing that civilians butt in the first set of photos??

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
          Hmmmm ... can not see any differences in different screens except the shadow boxes. May be due to my screen resolution limiting me to 1280 x1024. Got a Nvidia GTS560, maybe it's my monitor limit. And why is that soldier sniffing that civilians butt in the first set of photos??
          That's how they get to know each other and say hi.

Comment

Interesting, I play it with everything on ultra and of course it's gorgeous, cool to see the side-by-side though.

Comment

It would help if you could make the pics hotlinks so people can ctrl+click em into new tabs.

Comment

At least I think that works in all browsers....

Comment

Maybe it is just me, but I see only minor diffrerences, which begs the question, is Ultra really worth it?

Comment

I don't see any major differences either.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

I have a GPU that can run the game on ultra, but I choose to run it on high to stay competitive.
                      To be honest the only difference I can make out between ultra and high are the lower FPS on ultra. :)
                      "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

IMO, screen shots have always been a very poor way to tell the difference between graphical settings, because many of the differences only come out during motion. You can't see the smoothness of texture redraw and AA being applied, or fluidity of dynamic lighting and shadows. Likewise, you can't see any animations or particle effects.

Also, your eye isn't forced to focus on anything in a still frame, so the quality difference is less noticeable. When you have a moving picture, though, your eye is forced to focus on certain things, and that's when you notice things more pleasant to the eye. More detailed textures, better environmental effects, smoother edges, etc., that are more 'convincing' and pleasant looking to the eye. That's why they call it eye candy. :-)

BF3 does a good job of having really good texture quality, even on low settings. Before I got my new video card, I had to play on low settings, and the game was still pleasant looking. After I got my new card, I was able to play on high/ultra, and there is a very noticeable difference. They are subtle differences, but those differences go a long way towards pleasing the eye and making BF3 a more immerse experience.

Comment

If you pull up the full sized picture between two ones in two tabs and quickly switch back and forth between the two you can notice the difference.

Former TG-21st
                          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

If you do as macleod says and switch between each tab it does show quite a difference, better shadows, softer edges etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                              If you pull up the full sized picture between two ones in two tabs and quickly switch back and forth between the two you can notice the difference.
                              I did this and it made me sick in my tummy. . . . Thanks alot Mac :-\

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
                              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X