Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had no idea the PDW-R is made by Magpul...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had no idea the PDW-R is made by Magpul...

Yes, I'm a total Magpul fanboy. I think they make great products, in fact as soon as the funds are available, I'm totally picking up an ACR. The ability to switch calibers without any tools is awesome. I've shot one before too and I can say that it's a great shooting gun. Super easy to customize, and super easy to swap calibers.

Anyhoo, I was looking at this list of weapons in the game and noticed that the PDW-R is made by Magpul IRL. Here is a little PDF that Magpul put out about it.

What's really neat to me is that it still uses the 5.56 round and is cross compatible with standard M16 STANAG mags, but in its bullpup form it's incredibly small and maneuverable. It's even got a 10 or 12 inch barrel, which is plenty long to get good ballistics out of the rounds.

Anyway, thought you guys might dig that PDF. It's full of great info and has a lot of nice photos showing just how versatile it is.

-Mark

Re: I had no idea the PDW-R is made by Magpul...

I've noticed that gun in the game (haven't unlocked it). It is one bad-A looking gun. Besides just having being a PDW in common-- it really makes me think of a P90. Looking at the PDF, they obviously think so, too. I'm a big fan of the P90-- if I can ever find a good deal and can afford it, I'll probably get a PS90 (the legal semi-automatic version with longer barrel). I knew that FNH makes the P90, and I noticed some similarities with it and the F2000. Then I realize that it is also made by FNH, and started seeing just how many of the major guns they produce.

So, yeah, I think it's pretty cool that we're learning more about these different weapons from the game. I'm sure the gun manufacturers are pretty happy for that, as well. ;)

So does Magpul make a non-LEO/ military version that we can legally own?

Comment

Pretty sure a rifle caliber two handed weapon with a ten inch barrel would be a short barreled rifle and would fall under the National Firearms Act, even if it wasn't a full auto. Which means you'd need to pay a 200 tax and send your fingerprints into ATF and register it and all that stupid crap.

Posted with Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
        I've noticed that gun in the game (haven't unlocked it). It is one bad-A looking gun. Besides just having being a PDW in common-- it really makes me think of a P90. Looking at the PDF, they obviously think so, too. I'm a big fan of the P90-- if I can ever find a good deal and can afford it, I'll probably get a PS90 (the legal semi-automatic version with longer barrel). I knew that FNH makes the P90, and I noticed some similarities with it and the F2000. Then I realize that it is also made by FNH, and started seeing just how many of the major guns they produce.

So, yeah, I think it's pretty cool that we're learning more about these different weapons from the game. I'm sure the gun manufacturers are pretty happy for that, as well. ;)

So does Magpul make a non-LEO/ military version that we can legally own?
        I'm not sure that it's even in production yet. It took forever for the ACR (previously the Magpul Masada) to be released publicly, and they're still super hard to find and prohibitively expensive.

The thing about the P90 (and the FN57 as well) is the caliber they shoot. It's a neat caliber, looks like a tiny rifle bullet, but the REAL reason you'd want to own it is because they make penetrating ammunition that can defeat kevlar body armor (although not plate armor). That ammo, IIRC is not available to civilians, and the normal ammo for it is super expensive because hardly any guns fire it. Kinda like the .45GAP.

I knew a guy on Calguns who had a ton of cool guns like that, a P90, a G36, etc. But that dude was just rich. The mods he made to his SL8 to make it into a G36 must have cost more than the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
          Pretty sure a rifle caliber two handed weapon with a ten inch barrel would be a short barreled rifle and would fall under the National Firearms Act, even if it wasn't a full auto. Which means you'd need to pay a 200 tax and send your fingerprints into ATF and register it and all that stupid crap.

Posted with Tapatalk
          Well, all they'd have to do is put a longer barrel or a barrel extension on it, that's what they do with Civilian P90's anyway. The federal limit is 16 inches, and since it's a bullpup configuration, that's only about 4 or 5 inches of barrel sticking out the front. Still pretty rad.

What I really like about it is how they've made it cross compatible with regular m16 mags and ammo. That's a HUGE plus, logistically, as well as tactically.

EDIT: For example, my AR-15 has a 14.5 inch barrel on it, which would be illegal, except it has a flash hider that is blind-pinned and welded to the barrel, making it a total of 16 inches. People do all kinds of stuff to get their OAL right, from butt-stock extensions to barrel extensions.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X