Patch problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch problems

Anyone else unable to join a game since the patch?

I get several errors.

1. A problem has caused BF3 to stop running.
    2. Lost connection to EA online.
    3. Most often, I'll get to the Loading Level part of joining and it just sits there forever. Never joins.

Re: Patch problems

Fortunately, I got in without a problem. Try the eaforums.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
      I also get 2 errors the first time I load BF3 after starting my PC, every time. But mine was happening since the last mini patch that fixed the server problems. It still happens.

1st time I join server. . . A problem has caused BF3 to stop running.(after it has taken forever to load the level)
      2nd time I join server . . . Lost connection to EA online.(It actually looks like it is starting the SP campaign(splash screen), then crashes to this error)
      3rd time . . . loads ok, then I am able to join at any time after that(until I reboot windows, repeat).

BUT I have seen a ton of people screaming on the Battlelog forums about the same problem you are having. It may be your Anti-Virus, as my AV freaked out when it updated today, and I had to go in and set the AV to ignore BF3.exe and another BF3 app, I forget what it was labeled now. It might also be PB, then again it might just be the patch made BF3 incompatible for your system. I see a mini patch coming soon, or there will be riots on the streets, oh wait, there already are.
      theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
      E Pluribus Unum
      Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
      Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

For me, the solution was quite simple.

1. Shut down Origin.

2. Shut down your internet browser.

3. Start up Origin.

4. Start up Battlefield 3.

All problems were fixed for me.

Comment

Occasionally getting the connection to ea was lost but I simply click rejoin and I'm GTG.
          sigpic

Former Pathfinder
          Former ARMA Admin
          Former ARMA TGU instructor
          Former TGU Headmaster
          Current Noob
          Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Yo,

yep, I had same problem as you two guys. A number of different error messages since the patch. Have just spend almost an hour with EA support and we found that disabling UPNP (weird way of fixing things!!!) on the router fixing the issue, well, I still occasionally getting the EA connection error message but just try again and it works fine.

If you need more explanation how to change it on your router, let me know, there is a number of other things which we tried and did not help, can share with you that if the UPNP disabling won't help.

Cheers

LukeXtreme

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
            I also get 2 errors the first time I load BF3 after starting my PC, every time. But mine was happening since the last mini patch that fixed the server problems. It still happens.

1st time I join server. . . A problem has caused BF3 to stop running.(after it has taken forever to load the level)
            2nd time I join server . . . Lost connection to EA online.(It actually looks like it is starting the SP campaign(splash screen), then crashes to this error)
            3rd time . . . loads ok, then I am able to join at any time after that(until I reboot windows, repeat).

BUT I have seen a ton of people screaming on the Battlelog forums about the same problem you are having. It may be your Anti-Virus, as my AV freaked out when it updated today, and I had to go in and set the AV to ignore BF3.exe and another BF3 app, I forget what it was labeled now. It might also be PB, then again it might just be the patch made BF3 incompatible for your system. I see a mini patch coming soon, or there will be riots on the streets, oh wait, there already are.

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post

I get several errors.

1. A problem has caused BF3 to stop running.
              2. Lost connection to EA online.
              3. Most often, I'll get to the Loading Level part of joining and it just sits there forever. Never joins.
              I have all of those, but at least I found a solution to the third one: just click the bf3.exe in the task bar and it will get you in.
              The bad thing is that I had all the old crash issues and after the patch I got the old crashes plus the new ones, oh joy.
              "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Looks like I fit into the "Dice broke something" group. Spent 2 hours trying to get on after the patch and have had 0 luck. Looks like I will wait for the next "stability" patch.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I had to logg off Origins and then back on to get the patch. It kept taking me to the "Buy "BF3"" button.
                  Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I'm getting tons of 'jitter' in vehicles where it feels like it is jerking against my controls. I've had it happen last patch, but rarely... and never in my heli like it did tonight. Made it impossible to fly safely.

Comment

I was loading up and then crashing out minutes later - number two on here resolved http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...24756852310/1/
                      I have also had lots of problems with no audio - the bf3 client does not appear to be using sound cards intelligently, and possibly doesn't like sharing - disabling all secondary sound devices (usb mics for other decides, hdmi outputs on gpu and mobo sound) brought back in game sound. I then tried loading up a game with TS3 as well and I had my TS but no game - my analysis is it cannot share!

Comment

I am also experiencing the sitting on loading forever, but it doesn't really load because if you open up bf3 you either get a non full screen white window or if you open it fast enough the loading text in the bottom right corner just freezes.

Comment

I'm also getting the Joining game the it takes me to singleplayer, very odd and then in game it sometimes feels like I'm wading through porridge with the " lag spikes " now I don't know if they are lag spikes or something else i was playing with someone in TS last night and he was getting the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have strange problem after that patch and it is related to TG servers, mostly. In few words - on each TG server my game goes to the white screen between maps or simply stops to responding. Never had that issue before pre-patch era or I don't have it on other servers :\

Comment

I had some problems pre patch but fixed them with the extra video memory allocation trick. Now I get the "Loading Level..." problem or Ea disconected. If I do finally manage to load a map I now crash after 2-5 minutes. I literally can't play this game now. I tried dissabling my UPnP in my router and it appears to load maps quicker but I need to test it more to be sure it works.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X