Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notice: Get in a squad, and get in teamspeak. :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice: Get in a squad, and get in teamspeak. :)

Your participation is greatly desired.

As of the patch (22NOV) YOU ARE NO LONGER AUTOMATICALLY ASSIGNED TO A SQUAD(good or bad doesn't matter). So make sure you find a squad and jump in. It was very frustrating to play today with OVER HALF THE TEAM in the "unassigned squad" channel.

Also, if you want to run in my squad, you better be on teamspeak and communicating with me otherwise you are getting the boot.

Friendly gaming as always,

Glycerin
    -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Re: Notice: Get in a squad, and get in teamspeak. :)

Re: Players not joining squads, I'm thinking that it's due to the servers being populated by randoms through Quick Match.

On a related topic, what's with half full squads being locked by some TG'ers? Was this intentional or a bug? I've never seen TG'ers locking squads until today, it was very disappointing to say the least.
    You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
    sigpic

Comment

i didnt see any locked squads today :p and yes to what glyc said, the more participatig the funner it is, (funner is a word, deal with it XD)
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by Talos View Post
        Re: Players not joining squads, I'm thinking that it's due to the servers being populated by randoms through Quick Match.

On a related topic, what's with half full squads being locked by some TG'ers? Was this intentional or a bug? I've never seen TG'ers locking squads until today, it was very disappointing to say the least.
        No disrespect, but you obviously haven't been around since the BF2 and 2142 days. Locked squads were a regular thing. The difference is, you could always make more squads in those games. In this game, a locked squad under 4 players means that someone won't get to be on a squad in 64 player mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Talos View Post

Noticed the locked squad thing tonight, sent chat message via TS to squad lead, he didn't even know that it was locked. I would think that in most cases it will be unaware that they are locked.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hil3illy View Post
            Noticed the locked squad thing tonight, sent chat message via TS to squad lead, he didn't even know that it was locked. I would think that in most cases it will be unaware that they are locked.
            Yeah, I don't even know how to do it. Or even see that one is locked, other than that I click it and look for the Join button, and it's not there.

Comment

Originally posted by glycerin View Post
              Your participation is greatly desired.

As of the patch (22NOV) YOU ARE NO LONGER AUTOMATICALLY ASSIGNED TO A SQUAD(good or bad doesn't matter). So make sure you find a squad and jump in. It was very frustrating to play today with OVER HALF THE TEAM in the "unassigned squad" channel.

Also, if you want to run in my squad, you better be on teamspeak and communicating with me otherwise you are getting the boot.

Friendly gaming as always,

Glycerin
              ^^ This!
              If you are in TS, but down in you IHS channel with your friends, please dont join my squad. . . That is why I kept kicking you, you know who you are :P
              ----

Talos, I think he is talking about all the players who were in the No Squad channel of each team, not the 20 people in the lobby.
              -----

... as for the locked squads. There is a button in the squad screen that only the SL can change from "Private" to "Public".

I can understand if you are waiting for a 4th to rejoin after a crash, or if you a running a squad that you and one other are flying a chopper. But be mindful that you are ruining the game experience for other players who cannot get into squads because you have a locked squad. Small locked squads should be a no-no.

Luckily, servers 2 and 3 have extra squads to be used. Server 1 has a problem when squads are getting locked. as it means players are left out in the cold.
              theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
              E Pluribus Unum
              Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
              Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post

I can understand if you are waiting for a 4th to rejoin after a crash......

As a a unit, occasionally the 1st will do this. We often don't have 4 players though and open it up as soon as the players are in. Sometimes we are in our IHS TS channel as we form up and if we are on another server together we'll be there for gameplay. As soon as we are set in the TG server we switch to the proper TS channel.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Is the TS plugin still working after the TS update and BF3 patch, this may be the problem, or not.

Comment

The plugin is not needed for squad VOIP - it's all done automatically on the server.

Comment

Cool!

Comment

If you are in TS, but down in you IHS channel with your friends, please dont join my squad. . . That is why I kept kicking you, you know who you are :P
                        I didnt mean to sound like a jerk with that comment, but I had to keep kicking a tagged TG IHS player who was in their channel instead of in the BF3 channels.

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                        As a a unit, occasionally the 1st will do this. We often don't have 4 players though and open it up as soon as the players are in. Sometimes we are in our IHS TS channel as we form up and if we are on another server together we'll be there for gameplay. As soon as we are set in the TG server we switch to the proper TS channel.
                        I completely agree, when Rockford is playing with us, we lock the squad so that when he crashes in five minutes he will be able to get back in. ONE thing that DICE did right is that people that get disconnected are able to join the locked squad they were dropped from, at least sometimes.

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
                        Is the TS plugin still working after the TS update and BF3 patch, this may be the problem, or not.
                        As Fallen said it is not TS nor the squad talk plugin, it is that the game does not automatically put you in squads when you join a server like it use to. It use to put everyone in the first available squad slot from the top of the list, now you actually have to find a squad every time you join a server.
                        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                        E Pluribus Unum
                        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

As Fallen said it is not TS nor the squad talk plugin, it is that the game does not automatically put you in squads when you join a server like it use to. It use to put everyone in the first available squad slot from the top of the list, now you actually have to find a squad every time you join a server.
                          It was very frustrating to play today with OVER HALF THE TEAM in the "unassigned squad" channel.
                          So if the plugin is still working why are people in squads but not being auto moved into the right channel in TS by the plugin?

Comment

The only time people are actually in squads but are not moved correctly is when their TS name doesn't match their in-game name. This is an occasional bug with Punkbuster, and out of TeamSync's control. This can be corrected by temporarily changing your TS name to match your in-game name.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
                              So if the plugin is still working why are people in squads but not being auto moved into the right channel in TS by the plugin?
                              You have the wrong idea about this thread. The new patch to BF3 does not automatically join you into a squad when you join a server.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X