3D spotting turned back on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D spotting turned back on

Anyone else notice that the 3D spotting has crept in after the patch update? Can we get it turned off again or is this now a permanent thing. I notice it is a different triangle as well, it being much smaller than the normal 3D spotting triangle.
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Re: 3D spotting turned back on

Hmmm... Obviously this is not jive turkey with our TG settings.

We'll look into it :)

We'll post any more info we get on the topic. You may be right - something may have gone awry in the patch...
    Skud

Comment

I noticed that a new version of 3D spotting is on, although the server option is still turned off on all 3 servers. As I was saying in the patch thread, it seems to be only for ourselves, not the team. In my opinion, this is worse than the standard 3D spotting, because now the triangles are popping up without even using the "Q" spot feature.

I also noticed that these triangles also show up through smoke, when you cant see the enemy at all. Not to mention that mortar placements magically appear from across the map, when the user is too far to be seen, but must be in line of site. They may be just a few pixels at that distance but the game is seeing them, so they get spotted.

As someone mentioned in game last night, it might be because enemy name tags are "ON", maybe they need to be turned off until this is fixed by DICE. hehehe, yeah right.
      theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
      E Pluribus Unum
      Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
      Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
        I noticed that a new version of 3D spotting is on, although the server option is still turned off on all 3 servers. As I was saying in the patch thread, it seems to be only for ourselves, not the team. In my opinion, this is worse than the standard 3D spotting, because now the triangles are popping up without even using the "Q" spot feature.

I also noticed that these triangles also show up through smoke, when you cant see the enemy at all. Not to mention that mortar placements magically appear from across the map, when the user is too far to be seen, but must be in line of site. They may be just a few pixels at that distance but the game is seeing them, so they get spotted.

As someone mentioned in game last night, it might be because enemy name tags are "ON", maybe they need to be turned off until this is fixed by DICE. hehehe, yeah right.
        Yeah, what this guy said.

Comment

This existed before but I think they tweaked how it works.

Before if you put your cursor over an enemy and hovered for about a second a triangle would show up. It would leave pretty much right after you moused off him.

Now the triangle shows up a lot quicker. I have not tested under what conditions the triangle disappears.

So not a new setting just something that was tweaked to happen more often.

Comment

:icon13: I feel like its 2142 and every single person has a magic net-bat system equipped.

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Disable name tags when every player runs a different camo? Better up the number of tk's before ban on the server then.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                Disable name tags when every player runs a different camo? Better up the number of tk's before ban on the server then.
                I agree. One thing I do notice between the factions, regardless of the camo they are wearing, the US players have a light colored head gear while the RU have dark headgear. I know it is hard to tell in the dark tunnel of the Peak, but it has helped on all other maps. Then again, I am infamous for shooting anyone who suddenly shows up behind me.
                E Pluribus Unum

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
                  it's only be enemy nametags, friendlies would still show up as they currently do.

surprised that this setting hasn't been nuked beforehand
                  AnimalMother
                  Ex TG-31st LR
                  "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                  sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I think that enemy tags was only turned on so when there are ten friendlies in a room and one enemy running around with them, you will know that there is an enemy with them.
                    E Pluribus Unum

Comment

Seems like last night, first time playing after the patch, I found myself ALMOST shooting several teammates. For some reason, they looked like enemies for the first fraction of a second. I think I just didn't see their nametags, even though they were up. Like maybe there was a change in the size of them or something, so I wasn't noticing them the same way I was before. AFAIK, my resolution didn't change, which would cause a similar effect.

Comment

SuperDude, I too noticed that I can no longer read the names of friendlies at the native 1920x1080 resolution. To me it looks like they made the tags smaller to please those who are using a lower resolution. AND it also seems that when they were tweaking the 3D settings of the triangles, that they made them smaller, and made them float a bit higher above friendlies, because I dont see the triangle above them when they are real close, the triangle is now shoved to the edge of the screen. Which meant I was getting and giving more TKs than usual, but I noticed a lot of TKing going on last night, especially where there is a lot of close quarters combat on a map and people are running around in circles.
                        E Pluribus Unum

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed