Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the 44 Player Cap the Sweet Spot for these Map Designs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the 44 Player Cap the Sweet Spot for these Map Designs?

Hi all!

I had been struggling to really enjoy the multiplayer experience in BF3 until I started spending more time on the 44 person TG server. It seems to me that the 44 Player limit is the sweet spot in terms of the amount of combatants on these particular maps. Obviously, it has been pretty well stated that current map designs are very limiting with 64 person matches, based on the map sizes, playable areas, chokepoints, flag locations, etc... I feel like at 44, on full rotation, you can get the best overall multiplayer experience; do others agree? On 64, even in the larger maps, I feel like things are just too cramped. Example: I'll be an engineer trying to flank an enemy tank, and I will consistently get killed from behind from an unseen enemy squad advancing from another flag 100 m. away. There are no specific fronts...it's just one big [mess]; and with no in-game VOIP system or team-wide communication, the matches turn into pretty random fragfests. Thoughts?

Moderator note: Edited for language
    Last edited by Iamthefallen; 11-23-2011, 01:20 PM. Reason: Language

Re: Is the 44 Player Cap the Sweet Spot for these Map Designs?

IMO the maps are all designed around 24 player rush. The balance of some weapons is also based off small map sizes.

What makes TG different? Well the 44 player size helps but there is a lot more than just that going on here. The main things IMO is maturity, teamwork, and friendliness.
    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy Mullet View Post
      IMO the maps are all designed around 24 player rush. The balance of some weapons is also based off small map sizes.

What makes TG different? Well the 44 player size helps but there is a lot more than just that going on here. The main things IMO is maturity, teamwork, and friendliness.
      Totally agree about the other aspects that makes the TG servers great, but I was mainly focusing on the 32 vs. 44 vs. 64 person limits, regardless of server. It just so happens that the 44 person TG server is the only 44-person server I am aware of...

Comment

I won't even play on 64 player servers (even the TG on). Its just too many bodies squished into too small of a location. Player caps in the 30's and 40's feels like the best and I am glad we have two servers in that range.

I'll try 64 again when the Bf2 map pack gets released but until then I refuse to play on servers with 48+ players.

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
          I won't even play on 64 player servers (even the TG on). Its just too many bodies squished into too small of a location. Player caps in the 30's and 40's feels like the best and I am glad we have two servers in that range.

I'll try 64 again when the Bf2 map pack gets released but until then I refuse to play on servers with 48+ players.
          I totally agree. I think even 44 is a bit too many, and would prefer to see a 40 or fewer player server.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy Mullet View Post
            All that is true...and it does exist on the 64 player server...but I'm still overwhelmed with the population size even on the TG server...it's just too many players. I won't play on it unless the others a full and even then sometimes I'll go pubbing on a 32 player server.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed