Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF or COD?

Hello all,

Nice to see all of you again! I have been busy being a single Dad and working on my masters degree and so have not tried either. I was wondering if you guys that have played both have found a best choice and why? I used to do competition in BF and COD here with TG and with some international competition teams too. I loved, BF2 and all the mods. I even liked 2142 and ended up in COD4 mostly for the folks. The last titles from BF and COD have left me sorta flat and so wanted to be careful with which way I decide to go. Are there mods in the works for BF? (of course there are) Overall how is the gameplay? The mechanics? Are there still squad leads and a commander? Can you lock teams? Are there any 'broken' classes or weapons?

Let me know when you have a chance and thank you in advance!!!!

Talk to you soon and hopefully see you in the field!

Loraxe
    sigpic
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Ben Franklin
    "Any country that would give up a little freedom for a little security deserves neither and will lose both." Ben Franklin

"There are more old drunkards than old doctors." Ben Franklin

Re: BF or COD?

Hey Loraxe,

Contrary to popular belief both games are good and appeal to their target audience. Regardless of debates on which is better, if you like CoD you'll like MW3 and if you like BF you'll like BF3. If you like both, you'll just like both. BF3 does focus more on teamwork and being part of something bigger though, while CoD is always full of epic set pieces where you are the one man army fighting against an actual army and winning.

That said, here's my suggestion to you. It has nothing to do with gameplay mechanics or how 'awesome' one game is over the other, but it does have to do with your opening post.
    Originally posted by Loraxe View Post
    I have been busy being a single Dad and working on my masters degree...
    Both BF3 and MW3 have a progressive unlock system and incentive to keep playing. In your case, being so busy, I suggest you pick up and stick with MW3. See, MW3 is a LOT easier to put down. You have some Co-Op and various themes on deathmatch/CTF/Conquest, but after a while you'll get tired of run and gun shooting and stop playing. For busy people, this is perfect because it gives you an excuse to stop playing and get back to work. You'll have a blast up till that point, but eventually you'll put it down.

BF3 is...different. Depending on who you play with you may never experience the same kind of match regardless of what map you play on. The game type may be the same (rush, deathmatch, conquest), but the wide variety of ways and means adds so much variety that it makes it hard to get tired of it and put the game down. This is especially true if you play on a clan or team focused server like TG where you can pull off some crazy fun stuff working with a dedicated and skilled group of people in a focused squad. BF3 is a game where if you find yourself in a teamwork rut where people play like they're playing CoD, you'll put it down just as fast as CoD. However, there are also moments where your squad just clicks, everyone follows orders and moves as if telepathic, and you feel part of a well oiled Juggernaut wrecking havoc across the land. In those instances you start playing and then stop after you realize that week long leeway you gave yourself for your report somehow vanished and you need to be at work in 2 hours because you've run out of PTO/Sick leave.

Yeah...I've been there. Silly BF2142.
    My sanity is not in question...
    It was a confirmed casualty some time ago.

Light, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they ticked me off.

Comment

Sup man? Welcome back! Tar pretty much summed it up as good as possible. Id just like to add in that it seems BF3 has a MUCH larger community/player base than MW3 does. From doing some browsing on the mw3 forums, it seems to be the same old COD crew with only a handful of others. I havent played mw3 yet but if its anything like mw2, id def get BF3.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Another thing to add, there are no MODs for BF3 nor will there be in the near future due to the lack of SDK tools being released. Dice has said on numerous occasions that they will not be releasing mod tools because, among other things, the Frostbite 2 engine is too complex to mod.

Comment

Hiya loraxe!!! Long time no see my former 9th brother!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
            Hiya loraxe!!! Long time no see my former 9th brother!

Nope, as another former 9th brother, you're getting Loraxe confused with our old 9th leader, Lorax74.

You'll probably get more of that, Loraxe. lol. Hope to see you in BF3 soon!

Comment

I'm so confused.....:(
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Ven was in the 9th? I'm so confused and absentminded! :(

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                  I'm so confused.....:(
                  Lol.

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                  Ven was in the 9th? I'm so confused and absentminded! :(
                  I didn't either. Must have been before our time with the 9th.

Comment

I was around and ran with spiff and Draeh :D

Comment

It's COD for me...

I can't get BF3 to work...
                      |TG| RoadWarrior

Comment

lol, I was with Ven, but in either the Irregulars or the 13th. I remember Lorax74 too. It was confusing when we both played BF.

Thank you for the detailed reply. I guess my heart is in BF, but it maybe that my time alotment is in CoD.
                        sigpic
                        "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Ben Franklin
                        "Any country that would give up a little freedom for a little security deserves neither and will lose both." Ben Franklin

"There are more old drunkards than old doctors." Ben Franklin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X