TeamSync SL comms channel + plugin update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] TeamSync SL comms channel + plugin update

Tactical Gamer is the first community to be running TeamSync with squad leader comms support!

It's proven impossible to get a list of squad leaders from the BF3 server automatically so, squad leaders!, say "@sl on" in game to get access to the SL-to-SL channel. It's that simple. If you stop leading a squad say "@sl off" and you will be removed from the channel.

Since TeamSpeak released an update recently the SquadTalk plugin used on your own TeamSpeak install to use teamwide and sl comms has been updated. You WILL need this plugin to use talk to teamwide and SL-to-SL comms channels.

Download links:
    WINDOWS 64BIT: http://downloads.tssync.net/wp-conte...in64-api14.zip
    WINDOWS 32BIT: http://downloads.tssync.net/wp-conte...in32-api14.zip

Instructions for getting setup are here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...e-testing.html

To enable SL-to-SL hotkeys follow the teamwide instructions and replace the teamwide command with:
    /squadtalk squadleader start
    /squadtalk squadleader stop

Re: TeamSync SL comms channel + plugin update

I will have a good go with this tomorrow night

Comment

Awesome stuff, you are the man KnyghtMare :icon14:

Comment

Awesome work!
        Skud

Comment

Great work Knyghtmare, looking forward to using it.
          sigpic

Comment

to get this working do I have to disable the teamwide chat key?
            sigpic

Comment

A+ Looking forward to trying this out.
              Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by hil3illy View Post
                to get this working do I have to disable the teamwide chat key?
                No. You assign separate hotkeys for each: one hotkey for teamwide one hotkey for SLs

Comment

Reinstalled the plugin for 64bit TS. Set the buttons up, squad ptt works but the sl and team wide do not...

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
                    No. You assign separate hotkeys for each: one hotkey for teamwide one hotkey for SLs
                    Okay this is what I thought. I have the initial setup from the original plugin still, I changed the one ptt key for SL-SL, now when I press it nothing happens. I did notice in TS that my name showed up with [SquadLeader] behind it so that part is working. I will mess around with it tomorrow when I get home from my trip and see what happens.

Thanks for your work on this Knyghtmare, really appreciate that you have put in this time and effort for the community.
                    sigpic

Comment

What hot keys does everyone use? I've been using my "back" button on my G5/G500 for years for Teamspeak default voip key. Teamspeak doesn't seem to recognize my "stop" button on my G500, but it does the "forward" button. So when we setup the teamwide, I used my forward button. I'd love to be able to use the stop button as a SL-SL chat. Anyway know how to make that button work in TS?

PS, does anyone know if there is a TS3 overlay that works with BF3, yet? The default plugin in TS3, doesn't work for me, and I hear it will crash your game.

Comment

Great work! I look forward to testing it out once I get back into town.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hil3illy View Post
                          Okay this is what I thought. I have the initial setup from the original plugin still, I changed the one ptt key for SL-SL, now when I press it nothing happens. I did notice in TS that my name showed up with [SquadLeader] behind it so that part is working. I will mess around with it tomorrow when I get home from my trip and see what happens.

Thanks for your work on this Knyghtmare, really appreciate that you have put in this time and effort for the community.
                          Same exact problem here

Comment

It's highly likely you have nobody to talk to. When there are no other SLs on your team you have nobody to broadcast to thus it doesn't work when nobody is SLed up.

Comment

Yeah but my teams peak transmitting light doesn't even go on and team wide doesn't work either

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X