This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawn camping beacons

Everyone I've asked have said that is it ok to spawn camp a beacon.
    How is this different than camping an uncap?

There is no tactic about it, just kill hunting/stat padding.

So, the official ruling is that I can spawn camp a beacon with my m240 and kill them as many times as they will give to me. Without ever giving them a chance to move?

I sure hope that isn't a valid 'tactic'.

Re: Spawn camping beacons

Originally posted by Avadon View Post
    How is this different than camping an uncap?
    You have the choice to not spawn on the beacon anymore.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Good to know, I will be sure to exploit this exploit.. i mean "tactic".
      Thanks for letting me know that the official rule is spawn camping is OK as long as it isn't an uncap.

Comment

It's ungentlemanly, sure. That's really all that should matter. I don't do it out of respect for my fellow players.

Comment

It will only magically disappear IF the recon that placed it is still recon.

Just to throw this out there: "You have the choice to not [use a vehicle] anymore." Sounds like a good reason to allow camping of uncaps.

Comment

Wait, why would you keep spawning on it? They should destroy it if they see it, but my question is, what if they can't see it or access it without being shot at?

Comment

I'm only referring to standing next to it waiting for the enemy to spawn on it.
              If u can see it, destroy it, don't exploit and get kills off peeps that haven't even loaded their screens.

Comment

If u can see it, destroy it, don't exploit and get kills off peeps that haven't even loaded their screens.
                Don't get me wrong - if players have found the beacon then they should destroy it. I had assumed you meant firing at chutes as they come down.

Again though if your beacon is compromised or the environment is hostile to the point where your spawn is suicidal then don't spawn there anymore - same logic works on flags.
                |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

We encourage players to destroy them when possible.

But the definition of insanity... y'know.
                  Skud

Comment

If you have two doors into a room and enemy soldiers kept coming in the left door and you kept killing them and they just continued to come through that door do you blame the soldier killing the enemy soldier or do you blame the soldiers? Should the defending soldier close the left door for the enemy soldier to be nice? Or should the enemy soldier grow a brain and stop coming in the left door?
                    "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

It's cheesy to shoot people as they spawn on the beacon, but it's the chief disadvantage of the spawn beacon: you are not spawning at a secured flag or an uncap, or even on a squadmate who can give you the all clear. It's a calculated risk. If you're getting killed as you spawn the beacon, you should warn your squadmates and then spawn elsewhere.

For the record, I don't consider it dirty pool to kill someone as they spawn in certain situations. If I'm capping Alleyway on Grand Bazaar, I usually have a man detailed on that courtyard. Which means that spawn point will be a deathtrap until the flag flips. If you spawn into a contested flag, you might die very quickly indeed. Again, you are making the tradeoff of spawning close to the action versus spawning safe from being killed. If you never want to killed on spawn, spawn on the UCB and move up. Which just exposes you on the way to the action. Again, we see tradeoffs inherent in the game.

In order of safety spawns are beacon>squadmate>contested flag>secured flag>UCB. Not sure where to rank the Amtrac and Venom in there.

Comment

I consider it the risk of spawning in a beacon set by someone else or myself, you may just spawn DOA. Hell, the same applies to spawning on someone else. I will say that even in the beta when I set a beacon up, and noticed an enemy was guarding it, I spawned at another spot and ran up on the "spawn killer" with ease.... all those 'easy kills' lulls those guys into false sense of security...especially when the kill cam was on. But, that's not necessary, once you know someone is doing that, you can sneak up on the beacon area and find them if you are moderately patient.

Comment

I believe exploiting is the wrong term for this, and it's just a risk you take by using a beacon.

Originally posted by kilroy0097 View Post
                          If you have two doors into a room and enemy soldiers kept coming in the left door and you kept killing them and they just continued to come through that door do you blame the soldier killing the enemy soldier or do you blame the soldiers? Should the defending soldier close the left door for the enemy soldier to be nice? Or should the enemy soldier grow a brain and stop coming in the left door?
                          This is the way that I see it, if a beacon has become compromised we just choose another route.
                          A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Your logic has a key point missing.
                            The soldiers coming in through a door can defend themselves, can throw in a grenade, can destroy the building, and can use c4.
                            Soldiers spawning at a beacon cannot do anything.

Lets change the soldiers coming in through the door into babies and then shoot them. It's the same thing.

If you can destroy the beacon you need to destroy the beacon. If you don't, it is the same as if you are in the Bazaar Alleyway (pun intended) camping the spawn rooms without being close enough to capture the flag.

If the logic holds that you "can choose not to spawn there" while it is being camped then why does the logic not hold that we "can choose to not use a vehicle" regarding attacking uncaps?

Comment

This has been discussed since the 2142 days. As mentioned, don't spawn on a compromised beacon. This is why we have squad communication, so the squad can tell each other not to spawn there.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X