Playing BF3 you know its resource hog, Newegg has a 5970 card reduced 200$

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing BF3 you know its resource hog, Newegg has a 5970 card reduced 200$

NO, I don't work for newegg, but I just bought a 580GTX for ...way too much, like 2 weeks ago so this is a little ego busting. But, if you want you can get what is arguably a better card for 200 bucks cheaper than a 580.....

Here's the link as of right now:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814103195

"IAMOND A5970PE52G Radeon HD 5970 2GB 512 (256 x 2)-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - OEM
    Average Rating 5 out of 5 eggs(6 reviews) Write a Review

In stock. Limit 10 per customer.
    Was: $499.99
    Now: $299.99"

One reviewer (correctly) wrote:

"Grab this card at this price, NOW! It crushes a single Nvidia GTX580,ATi 6970, in BF3 @ Ultra 80-150 FPS 1920x1200 all for a FRACTION of the Price....

Let's compare Brand NEW:
    GTX580: $500
    HD6970: $350
    HD5970: $300 A DUAL GPU CRUSHES BOTH OF THESE CARDS!!!

Cons: I just wish I could of gotten mine at this price D: (They MSRP'd at $700)"

MODS: I know this is a post that could be useful for anyone (any PC gamer), so you might want to put on the front page of the site?
    Last edited by FBmantis; 11-26-2011, 01:52 PM.

Re: Playing BF3 you know its resource hog, Newegg has a 5970 card reduced 200$

wish I had money :( really need a new card..current card cant run BF3 without overheating and locking up my pc

oh not to forget newegg doesn't like anyone outside the US

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Good deal but no where near as fast as a 580gtx

Comment

I hazard to get into it too much, I was only going by Tom's Hardward review results:

http://media.bestofmicro.com/Y/N/313...igh%201920.png

and

http://media.bestofmicro.com/Z/5/313...igh%201920.png

My caveat is this was before the latest patches (which I have noticed a big jump in these numbers after the patches for my card). At the very least they are really really close...and still the 5970 is quite a bit le$$ (if I could go back in time I would have waited to get this).

Comment

I am looking for a new video card, and although it looks nice, minimum of 650W seems a bit much right now.

Comment

Originally posted by FLIPmode View Post
            I am looking for a new video card, and although it looks nice, minimum of 650W seems a bit much right now.
            Yes, I recently upgraded my entire system so, I was planning on such a requirement. Though, the system I was replacing (4 years old), had a 650W PSU (I got an 850W and it is enough).

Also, another "CON" would be that it is long. It's a large card. If you don't have the space (extending past the likely size of your MOBO in your case), then it's not for you.

Comment

sold out already

Comment

Unsurprising, that was quite a deal.

Comment

For those who live in the US you can still grab HD5870 for $149 or two for $300.

http://www.gearxs.com/gearxs/product...ducts_id=15897
                  "veritas vos liberabit"

Comment

As far as I remember you have HD5850? Buy another one and crossfire it. I am running mine at 950/1150 clocks @ 2560x1600 with everything set to high in BF3.
                    "veritas vos liberabit"

Comment

Originally posted by BarrytBaptist View Post
                      As far as I remember you have HD5850? Buy another one and crossfire it. I am running mine at 950/1150 clocks @ 2560x1600 with everything set to high in BF3.
                      I haven't used an ATI card yet...ever :) Been using an Nvidia one for 11 years.

Comment

For those who live in the US you can still grab HD5870 for $149 or two for $300.

http://www.gearxs.com/gearxs/product...ducts_id=15897
                        Nice find!! Two of those in crossfire would be a BEAST! :) Looks like just one would make the game very playable.

http://media.bestofmicro.com/Y/N/313...igh%201920.png

I didn't go the initial dual card route, I got a good card, and when prices go down I'll snag the second..maybe. I don't seem to need it at the moment.

Comment

I haven't used an ATI card yet...ever :) Been using an Nvidia one for 11 years.
                          Hehe, I must be delusional then. I swear I read you post about excruciatingly long loading times in BC2 with HD 5850 over a year ago. (-; I use both AMD/ATI and Nvidia and never had a problem with either. Since a new generation of AMD HD7000 video cards is just around the corner I would wait a tad with an upgrade.
                          "veritas vos liberabit"

Comment

Hehe, I must be delusional then. I swear I read you post about excruciatingly long loading times in BC2 with HD 5850 over a year ago. (-; I use both AMD/ATI and Nvidia and never had a problem with either. Since a new generation of AMD HD7000 video cards is just around the corner I would wait a tad with an upgrade.
                            I never had loading problems with BC2. BF3, on the other hand...grr. My GTX 275 needs an upgrade.

Comment

I never had loading problems with BC2. BF3, on the other hand...grr. My GTX 275 needs an upgrade.
                              Hehe, my bad.
                              "veritas vos liberabit"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...