This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: Rrepairing in the UCB

Just wanted to bring to attention an UCB rule that maybe some people are unaware of. If you leave the UCB and then go back into the UCB (say for repairs) you are fair game to be shot at. UCB is only a safe zone for spawning players.

Just an FYI, its been questioned twice this weekend so I figured I'd put it out here for everyone to read.
    Last edited by Specterr; 11-28-2011, 12:08 AM.

Re: PSA: Rrepairing in the UCB

yes, very much agreed ^
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

If the UCB was always a safe haven could u imaginen how many heli's snipers and other whatevers would stay there?
      When there is no more room left in hell the dead shall walk the earth. - Dawn of the Dead
      sigpic

Comment

It's a fine line.

Example: You are in a dogfight with a chopper. He turns tail to run to main. He starts to land. You kill him.

That is OK. Just be careful and keep good sportsmanship in mind.
        Skud

Comment

Definitely. Also want to point out that, if say a tank is shooting at your helo from its UCB, it's also fair game to engage the tank back.

Comment

i have a question, camping outside a ucb with The AA tank is against rules correct? a guy was doing it today and it was baddd
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
              i have a question, camping outside a ucb with The AA tank is against rules correct? a guy was doing it today and it was baddd
              If he's that close to the UCB, the TOWs emplaced outside the UCB should be quite capable of killing him. If he's found a blind spot, all your armor spawns there and one of them should kill him quickly. Or get your RPG out and go hunting.

If he's close enough to shoot down aircraft as they claw for altitude and speed, he's close enough to be easily killed.

The UCB, to my way of thinking, is a safe haven for spawning and collecting your squad and your thoughts. If you have spawned, lifted off in a chopper, turned toward the front lines, and begun moving out then you are in fact in game, IMO. Obviously if you're getting shot on the pad or directly above it that's not acceptable, but if you have exited the fence of the airfield on Caspian, for example, then you are fair game IMO.

The game has large out of bounds areas that aircraft can fly through but ground vehicles and infantry may not enter. Use them.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
                Definitely. Also want to point out that, if say a tank is shooting at your helo from its UCB, it's also fair game to engage the tank back.
                Im surprised that in BF3 we arent enforcing the "dont shoot in or out rule" like we do in PR considering 75% of the time in BF3 you can hot the main from across the map.
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Flags are too close to the main for that. It'd get real wonky real fast.
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Shouldn't rules clarifications be coming from the Admin team not the playerbase?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                      Shouldn't rules clarifications be coming from the Admin team not the playerbase?
                      Beyond that we also get a lot of "I agree" or "in my opinion...". Personal opinions don't matter in server rules. At all.

Comment

Hey ya'lls clarification that this maybe shouldn't be a clarification but instead a talk is excellent. Good job!
                        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Admins are talking about this issue, rest assured.

For now:

Don't use the UCB as a safe haven
                          Avoid firing from the UCB whenever possible.
                          Do not fire into the UCB unless you have a valid target (someone shooting from UCB).

/thread
                          Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...