2nd Conquest server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Conquest server

Based on what I've seen the last few nights, the 64 player regular conquest server has had no attention because everyone seems to like the the server with 44 players instead and there's a 5 person que just to get into the original 44 player server. What would everyone (especially admins) think about changing the 64 player server into another 44 player server with the 44 player server rules as well?
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Re: 2nd Conquest server

I like that idea....sat in que for a long time tonight. It had 7 ahead of me :(
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I personally will only play on the 64 player server when there is no other choice. So, with admin hat off, my vote would be in favor of the proposal.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I agree with this post, the 64-player is no-man's land these days. I'm sitting in queue right now, #4.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
          I like that idea....sat in que for a long time tonight. It had 7 ahead of me :(
          I was right in front of you at number 6 for ever...

Vote yes, to proposition Server1 to be like Server2!

As said in other threads by others, 64 players is just too much for even the "big maps" as they are not that big anyway. If it was big maps like BF2 or PoE2, then I could see having a server running them. I did play on server 1 the other night for a round and a half.... and quit half way through as there was 11 people not in squads, both teams had a total of 12 people in TS, very little teamwork, locked 2 man squads, a queue of players waiting to fly, bunny hoppers and the whole nine yards... it was the wild west.
          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
          E Pluribus Unum
          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Let's wait and see what BTK has to offer, IMO.

Above does not reflect entire admin staff.
            Skud

Comment

While I favor the 44 player server...

The 64 player server seems to draw a lot of new people in, while the regulars tend towards the 44 player server which unfortunately leaves less room for new faces. Depending on how the visitor has their battlelog search filters configured, they may not see a 44 player server.

Part of the problem is that you need 4 players for the game to start, and in their infinite wisdom, Dice has also lowered and fixed the idle timeout period so people can't just connect and sit idle to seed. Combine that with the fact that you can't run around the map and try stuff out... it's difficult to get those first people to stay on.

If those 7 people in queue instead joined the 64 player server and seeded it...I'm guessing it would see some decent traffic pretty quick.

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
              think about changing the 64 player server into another 44 player server with the 44 player server rules as well?
              The servers should be identical except for map list and player count.

Comment

Ya I do not see a 44 player server being populated any quicker than a 64 player one.

Comment

Server traffic was understandably pretty low during the holiday period the last week. I would expect things to pick back up shortly.
                  |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I'm for it, can we make it Unranked too?

Comment

I've seen it filled plenty of times. While server 2 tends to be more full, I'm guessing that's a function of a smaller population limit. In the end, I think many people just join on their friends - that's what I do. If other players are like me, then it's really dependent on what server is seeded. If server 1 was seeded with my friends, that's where I'm going to go also.

Like Skud, I think it's a good idea to hold on changes until the BTK release. With larger maps and more flags, server 1 is a natural fit for BTK. It's a pretty safe assumption that Server 1 will be packed immediately after the BTK release.

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                        With larger maps and more flags, server 1 is a natural fit for BTK. It's a pretty safe assumption that Server 1 will be packed immediately after the BTK release.
                        Assuming they didn't sell out on those maps and make them console sized as well.

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalJim View Post
                          I'm for it, can we make it Unranked too?
                          not on the proposition.....:D
                          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

If you are going to change the server then why not try a max of 48 players? I don't think it would hurt anything and it would at least lend proof to that hypothesis. Or can you not choose 48 max players still using the large maps and still have a ranked server?
                            "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                            "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                              Let's wait and see what BTK has to offer, IMO.
                              My feelings as well. Lets see how the BTK goes before we get scale back the 64 player server. We may get some true 64 player maps here very soon.
                              Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X