Best Kit for SL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Kit for SL?

Open to suggestions, I'm leaning towards medic?

Re: Best Kit for SL?

It doesn't really matter, because anyone can spawn on any squadmate. It's not like previous titles where you wanted the SL to be medic so he could be switch kit revived.

Comment

I prefer Medic. Allows me to anchor in and provide a decent spawn.
      Skud

Comment

Yes, despite being able to spawn on anyone, I think playing AS a SL and focusing on being a spawn point, makes you the go to spawn point anyway....

Comment

There really isn't a best kit, because it all depends on the situation. If you are holding back as a spawn point and offering support from a distance, then a medkit will only be useful to yourself.

I think it's better to ask yourself "what tools would I like to bring to support my squad?" and then equip from there. You would want medkits and defibs if you are pushing with your squad. You would want MAVs and Spawn Beacons if you are looking to assault or defend a highly contested point. You would want a support kit if you are suppresive fire and ammo for grenade/rocket spam. Mortars can also be useful, and even smoke grenades.

Comment

Medic or recon. This allows your support and engineers to move up where you can either rez them or cover them.

There are certain scenarios where this would be false though.
            -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

I would probably say Assualt w/Med Kit so you can heal and rez your squad. It also means you play a passive role providing support and medics generally should try to stay alive at all costs to be able to provide their special services.

For a squad I don't see Recon as a great choice unless your running a kill squad. The class is great to get and hold a position but you need highly skilled squadmates. I think the Recon would be best used as a sort of Commander replacement since it has all the equipment (spawn point, mav, tugs, soflam) not to mention long range scopes for spotting.

It's all about how you mix and play the classes which determines the best kit for SL, even then you can just delegate kits. I think a Recon and Mortar squad that coordinated strikes could do quite well.
              sigpic

Comment

I like recon because of the ability to gather intel and set up spawn points for your squad. The beacon is so important for a sustained infantry assault on a held flag.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I don't think the squad leader really needs to be a different kit from his squadmates. In BF3, the squad leader doesn't play such a vitally important role as he did in previous games: you can ask your squadmates to set down a beacon, or you can ask your squadmate to revive you. It doesn't matter way too much, IMHO.
                  He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed.

Comment

Each has advantages but the SL of previous games is about dead. When they killed off the commander, we were lead to believe the SL had been empowered but that turned out not to be the case at all.

So why being the SL matters much less, that is not to stop us from playing like a leader. With each kit having advantages it really comes down to personal preferences. I tend to hang back a little so i go support. It allows me to lay down heavy fire to support my squad as they move forward while keeping them well supplied. My second choice is Recon for similar reasons as it lets me hang back a bit but gives me tools to support my other guys/gals.
                    Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I'm a horrible SL in BF3 so take this with a grain of salt, but I don't think you can afford to lock into a single kit as an SL. Throughout the course of a round the situation, the objective and the resistance will change and you need to alter roles dynamically to give your squad the best chance for success. With BF3 squads being handcuffed by a 4 man limit, I personally believe every squadmate including the SL has to be ready to change kits depending on the situation.
                      "Looking for brahs to come fight crime with me" - Unload

Comment

I perfer Recon with TUG! Usually have at least one medic and one ammo guy with fourth player's option. Get to a flag, set down TUG, get a feel for the battle before advancing.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooIT View Post
                          ... I personally believe every squadmate including the SL has to be ready to change kits depending on the situation.
                          I agree. As the battle changes, so should the load out.

IRT....

I try to play assault and support more often, but due to the lack of other engies I always end up resorting back to playing AT, not engie, but Anti-Tank. Even when SLing I play Anti-Tank 95% of the time. I try to run a squad with 1 medic, 1 support and 2 engies if possible, although we usually switch around as the action calls for. I often come back as medic when a squad mate is down to less than 10% health, or support when the ammo supplies are not being dropped by the rest of the team. But it is not that strange to see 4 wrenches in my squad, especially when we all have squad perks that give us more ammo, nades and explosives.

In previous titles, the SL was the spawn point, the SL didnt always get "on the flag". With only 4 men in a "fireteam", the SL cant sit back and watch his team, they need to be in the heat of the action, giving and taking with the rest of the boys. I cant stand to be in a squad where the SL sits back in a safe place waiting for the other 3 to take the brunt of punishment. Like I said, it worked well in 6 man squads, but not in fireteams. A fireteam has to work in unison to achieve objectives. Then again, I prefer to defend than attack, I hate whack-a-mole flag tag, which is why I am half way to getting a forth Flag Defender Medal(173 ribbons), while I only have 66 attacker ribbons.
                          theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                          E Pluribus Unum
                          Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                          Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed