X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preliminary change-log for next patch

source

Originally posted by Demize99
    Lots of good feedback, below I will post modified change lists in direct response to the feedback. Please note that the USAS-12, F2000, IRNV, Flashlights, and several other issues are not in this list. That does not mean they are not being balanced, this list is NOT exhaustive.

Vehicles:
    Increased the locking distance for Jets when locking on laser designated targets.
    Increased the damage the MBT's primary weapon does to other main battle tanks.
    AA Missiles should no longer kill the pilot instead of the vehicle.
    Tank rounds will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
    Using flares too early will no longer distract missiles fired at long range. The missile must be approaching the vehicle in order to reliably be distracted by flares.
    Attack Helicopter Guided Rockets will now only track ground targets, as originally intended.
    Reduced the direct damage done by helicopter gunners vs armor.
    Slightly increased the blast radius of the rounds fired by helicopter gunners vs infantry.
    Vehicle weapons should now suppress correctly.
    Increased the direct hit damage of the APFSDS rounds for the IFVs.
    Miniguns and Helicopter Gunners now more quickly destroy parked cars.

Weapons:
    Significantly increased the damage of Laser Guided Top Attack missiles.
    Javelin missiles fired without laser targeting now do more damage to the side and rear of MBTs.
    Slightly reduced the repair speed of the repair tool.
    Fixed a problem when locking on to two nearby targets, the locking should no longer jump rapidly between multiple targets.
    Reduced the total number of RPG and SMAW missiles carried from 5 to 4.
    Slightly reduced the locking time of all weapons vs Laser Designated targets.
    Slightly reduced the effective blast radius of the RPG and SMAW projectiles against infantry.
    Reduced the recoil of the SKS rifle and slightly increased its power at close range.
    Semiautomatic sniper rifles, Assault Rifles, and LMGs now have more consistent damage over long range.
    Increased the close range damage maximum range of 9x39mm ammo.

Soldiers:
    Increased the spawn protection time from 1sec to 2sec. The protection will still be immediately canceled as soon as the player moves or shoots.
    Spawn protection will no longer be canceled by the player looking around.
    Slightly increased the speed at which a player can shoot again after sprinting.

No love for my nerfed g3

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Re: Preliminary change-log for next patch

I love the changes.
      -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

This isn't a patch log:

It’s important to note:
        • This list is provided as a way for the Community to give us feedback on potential Balance changes to the game.
        • This list is specifically focused on Balance changes. Feature requests and bug fixes are purposefully absent from this list.
        • There is no guarantee that any of these Balance changes will make it into a future update at all, nor is this list a guarantee that there will be future updates.
        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I like the sound of the flare change.

Comment

• There is no guarantee that any of these Balance changes will make it into a future update at all, nor is this list a guarantee that there will be future updates.
            He's joking right?

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
              No love for my nerfed g3

No no no, you're supposed to use the F2000 with a supressor these days

Comment

"Slightly reduced the repair speed of the repair tool."

Aha, so they caught on. Good.
                Skud

Comment

What's wrong with the F2000?
                  He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed.

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
                    No no no, you're supposed to use the F2000 with a supressor these days
                    Yes apparently as I found out to my cost when I last bothered to load this up.

No specific mention of nerfing the floodlights I mean tac lights then? I know he alludes to them but I would think in view of the feedback on that stupid problem a specific mention would be warranted, no doubt he is too busy tweeting to post an 'exhaustive list'.

Comment

"Slightly reduced the effective blast radius of the RPG and SMAW projectiles against infantry"

Is this a problem? As I see it I hit very close to people as it is at it merely damages them not kills them...whereas you'd think they'd be dead if it were a frag grenade.

Other than that, good list. This is why people shouldn't judge a game until it matures with patches/modders start producing.

I like Vanilla BF3 :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercenary90 View Post
                        What's wrong with the F2000?
                        5.56 that does more damage than 7.62.....

"Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

"Semiautomatic sniper rifles, Assault Rifles, and LMGs now have more consistent damage over long range."

Is "consistent" supposed to mean consistently more or less damage at a long range? I have never noticed the damage to be not-consistent at a long range before.

Former TG-21st
                          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Good find Whiskey. I'm really looking forward to those Javelin buffs.

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                            5.56 that does more damage than 7.62.....
                            Short version: Shot per shot, the G3 still does more damage. You are conveniently leaving out the rate of fire stat.

The thing to remember is that the FN F2000 has a high rate of fire at 850rpm. The only assault kit primary that can currently top that is the AEK971 at 900rpm. But you see people running the F2000 more often because it does the same damage as the AEK, but has less recoil. I played in a competitive scrim a few weeks ago and the majority of the opposing team ran F2000s simply because it's superior to anything in else in a close quarters firefight.

Further, the G3 still tops every other assault kit primary as it has higher values for both max and min damage than anything else. 30/20 respectively versus 25/17 on everything else. However, the G3 has the highest upward recoil, highest spread, and lowest rate of fire out of all the assault primaries. I see it as a matter of just using an extra bullet or two to ensure kills. Think of it like finishing off last standers in CoD.

Also, the F2000 has a 30 round mag +1 as opposed to the G3's 20+1

Source - Based on current values at time of this posting

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Weres my ability to NOT get locked onto by Guided SHELLS from MBTs? Last i checked its JET BEATS TANK not TANK BEATS JET... so unrealistic that a tank could do that... now the canister rounds i can belive as its basicly a big shotgun XD hard to avoid that kind of firepower but still seems the tank barrel is unlocked on vertical climb...
                              When there is no more room left in hell the dead shall walk the earth. - Dawn of the Dead
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X