Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Standard Operating Procedure for VOICE comms?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard Operating Procedure for VOICE comms?

Now that we have Squad, Team, and SL-to-SL voice channels, let's develop some SOPs for usage! What to say, when to say it, who should say what, etc, etc.

Re: Standard Operating Procedure for VOICE comms?

If the Squad Leader is about to talk to another squad leader(s) he\she should inform their squad by maybe saying something like "Talking to SL" or something like that, this would tell the rest of the squad to stay off comms while the Squad Lead is communicating with other squad leads so that the communication between the squad leads is easily heard and understood.

That wil cover some of the ......

What to say, when to say it, who should say what

Comment

Does the SL chat overlay or cancel out other chat?
      Ambriento for comm! Vote today!

Comment

Good question :icon14:, if it does cancel out other chat then my post is mute! :(

Comment

It doesn't silence other people _yet_. After yesterdays initial experience with it it needs to happen though. I'm also looking into short signal noises for both channels so those paying attention will know info is coming in on those channels.

As for SOP I've been sticking to: "This is KnyghtMare, Avss is on Delta whooping our ass, request backup". It conveys who is talking, what the situation is and what I'm looking to achieve by using comms.

Comment

Personally, I get confused when I hear team, squad, and SL comms. I have no idea who is talking. So I think that along with your other SOP for comms, you should definitely "check-in" and announce yourself, squad...

something like this:

"This is Cuervo, Hotel SL checking in, over"

Once the SLs that are actually using the SL chat know who else is on, you can coordinate more easily through out the game.

Comment

Also maybe a SOP for talking on Team Chat, Main comms should be Squad and Squad Leaders in-game and team chat left for post round banter, unless you have to use Team Chat for life saving reasons. ;)

Comment

"This is SuperDude on squadlead chat...."

"This is SuperDude on teamchat..."

That's been my protocol.

Comment

my advise

mic check is key, SOP needed for that, to give people feedback that it works and confidence that other SLs are hearing them
                  eg "need mic check on SL to SL comms" or even call it intersquad comms (easier to say) ?

use the word squad a lot, as the key word to signify SL-SL channel, instead of normal squad chat
                  don't use your name or other names off voices you recognize, use squad names as the standard call signs
                  eg this is squad alpha we are holding bravo flag
                  to help this, teamspeak channels match squad names eg ALPHA to HOTEL

initial organisation is which squad owns which flags eg This is alpha squad, we are holding delta flag, a general take and hold of flags strategy to have more flags and form a front line
                  next level of organisation is "need help" scenarios

at first getting everybody to set up the keybinds and just say "Charlie squad attacking Alpha flag" will be enough of a step forward for the community

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
                    my advise

mic check is key, SOP needed for that, to give people feedback that it works and confidence that other SLs are hearing them
                    eg "need mic check on SL to SL comms" or even call it intersquad comms (easier to say) ?

use the word squad a lot, as the key word to signify SL-SL channel, instead of normal squad chat
                    don't use your name or other names off voices you recognize, use squad names as the standard call signs
                    eg this is squad alpha we are holding bravo flag
                    to help this, teamspeak channels match squad names eg ALPHA to HOTEL

initial organisation is which squad owns which flags eg This is alpha squad, we are holding delta flag, a general take and hold of flags strategy to have more flags and form a front line
                    next level of organisation is "need help" scenarios

at first getting everybody to set up the keybinds and just say "Charlie squad attacking Alpha flag" will be enough of a step forward for the community
                    I love this idea, +rep

Comment

Yeah Knight's protocol makes the most sense.

Sent from HTC EVO via Tapatalk
                      "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                      "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Im sorry but its a shame Im not seeing the 2011 version of this:
                        http://videogamewriters.com/wp-conte...der-screen.jpg

Just click the squad you want to talk to :) I know they could have found a way to stop spot spamming or a whole host of upgrades i could dream of!

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ml#post1612298 Bag it, tag it, done.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                          <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                          DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
                            That's perfect for ArmA, but it's probably a little too verbose and formal for BF3, over. :icon16:

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                              That's perfect for ArmA, but it's probably a little too verbose and formal for BF3, over. :icon16:
                              Regardless, it answers a ton of questions that are in this thread, as well as many I've seen people pondering over (such as how to control message flow, how to attribute VOIP to a certain group/person, etc). The formality is needed, because without it, it turns into "can someone take out that jet over us, we're getting pounded".

Edit: Hehe, and yes, we talked like those examples in the text a lot in ARMA, and had regular classes on how to "operate the radios" with TFP and the like.
                              Last edited by Bisclaveret; 12-04-2011, 10:10 AM.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X