Server Rules updated - Must Read

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Rules updated - Must Read

Please see the Getting started with BF3 thread for full list of rules.

We are ready to roll out an update to the server rules intended to improve game play. Three rules have been added, including the long awaited UCB rule!

Rules added to the list:

All players must actively participate in a squad.
    TacticalGamer servers are exclusively for players interested in tight, squad-based, vocal teamwork. Joining a squad, while required, is not enough; all players must actively contribute to the squad's objective. A squad with four players all over the map, doing unrelated things is not 'teamwork'.

All players are REQUIRED to follow orders from their squad leader.
    If there is a SL giving orders, follow them. If an SL asks you to do something, you do it. Failure to follow orders can result in removal from the server.

Conquest Only: Players and resources must be established outside their main base by leaving it or firing from within it before being targeted.
    This rule exists to promote game-play that's focused around capturing and defending flags and preserves both sides' ability to reinforce throughout the round. The Un-Capturable main Base (UCB) is intended to be the point of reinforcements for each team and is out of bounds (OOB) for the opposing team.

Clarifications and guidelines
    • Do not exploit the protection that the OOB zone in your UCB provides in order to engage opposition.
    • Base protection assets such as stationary anti air and anti tank weapons within the UCB may be used to engage opposition.
    • The UCB is not inteded to be a safe haven. Anyone firing out of the UCB, or withdrawing back into the UCB, is a valid target for the opposition.
    • If you have a specific reason, you can engage a specific established enemy in the UCB. Then you must stop and withdraw. Attackers must avoid collateral damage.
    • Do not look for an excuse to attack the enemy UCB.

There are no restrictions concerning main bases in Rush Mode.

Non-exhaustive examples - NOT separate rules
    • You cannot fire mortar out of the UCB because it's exploiting the OOB protection.
    • You cannot circle the enemy runway and wait for aircraft to take off, because you're targeting people who have not left the UCB, or fired out of it.
    • You cannot loiter immediately outside a UCB and wait for someone to shoot at you or break the OOB line.
    • You cannot carpet bomb the UCB, because you are not targeting a specific, established, enemy.
    • You can target the stationary AA/AT after it starts shooting, because at that point it has established itself.
    • You can target a retreating chopper or jet, because they established themselves outside of the UCB and returned in.
    Last edited by Iamthefallen; 12-05-2011, 12:26 AM.

Re: Server Rules updated - Must Read

Nice, it's rules like this that make TG servers better than the rest (or at least a welcome refreshing change-up). Thanks!

Comment

Good post! I've already kicked two players out of my squad today for not participating in what SL is trying to achieve.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
        All players must actively participate in a squad.
        TacticalGamer servers are exclusively for players interested in tight, squad-based, vocal teamwork. Joining a squad, while required, is not enough; all players must actively contribute to the squad's objective. A squad with four players all over the map, doing unrelated things is not 'teamwork'.
        I'm curious where pilots fit into this.

Comment

Seems straight forward enough

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
            I was curious myself..as well as something else. Say for example you are in a squad and the SL is not giving orders and instead is just kinda doin their own thing. You decide, similarily to your SL to do the same,is this grounds for removal because you are lone wolfing? Im not trolling, its a legit question and it happens often.
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Conquest Only: Players and resources must be established outside their main base by leaving it or firing from within it before being targeted.
              This rule exists to promote game-play that's focused around capturing and defending flags and preserves both sides' ability to reinforce throughout the round. The Un-Capturable main Base (UCB) is intended to be the point of reinforcements for each team and is out of bounds (OOB) for the opposing team.
              As great as this sounds on paper, and as well this has worked in other BF games, it doesn't really work well in BF3. Especially on really stupidly designed maps like Bazaar. DICE decided to go full retard when designing the UCBs on this map. There's no way that shallow little alley around the corner from Charlie flag is some kind of sacred ground. I can stand within flag influence and spit on the back wall of RU's UCB. People are not going to lay their guns down and let the enemy fire first when the UCB easily has a kill zone on the closest flag. I'm sorry, but no way, you'll end up banning everyone in TG by enforcing that. The US side is just as bad, with their UCB designed as a sniper's nest overlooking Alpha flag. Nobody's gonna wait for the spawned sniper to shoot first.

Seine Crossing - Another full retard UCB on the US side, where it's right around the corner of flag Alpha. There's even a point where you can almost stand in both the UCB *and* the Alpha objective! Good luck enforcing that. The RU UCB is at least semi-hidden around a corner, but if you try to flank Echo or Delta by going around the back, you are going to end up killing some people in the UCB. That's just the way DICE designed it.

Davamand Peak - Both UCBs are so small, you can run in and steal the vehicles and get out before the timer kills you. The only way to enforce a no-camping rule is to prevent each team from moving past Alpha or Echo.

Tehran Highway - The entire US UCB is like a sniper's nest for the rest of the map. Seriously.

Operation Metro - Let's face it. If one team holds all the objectives, what else do you expect them to do? Especially on this map? Especially on the US team, where Charlie flag has intentionally placed sniper nests overlooking the RU UCB, which also happens to be a wide open courtyard on low ground? It's like DICE specifically designed this map to be a grief fest on conquest(hey, that rhymes!).

Operation Firestorm and Caspian Border are the only two maps with normal UCB placements. The rest are pure garbage. You are basically saying "Instead of killing enemies in their UCB, wait for them to leave it and enter this chokepoint/deathtrap that happens to be right outside." I feel like we're all splitting hairs and the point is moot.

And not to sound like debbie downer, but I wouldn't expect the BTK map pack to be any different. I saw a mini-map of the new "Gulf of Omann" and they placed the US Carrier in the middle of the damn island. Surrounded by all the flags. No joke.

I would toss the UCB rule for a more "Gentleman's understanding" of practicing good sportsmanship and not being an *******. Make some strict rules about stealing enemy equipment, mortaring the UCB or doing strafing runs on the runway. But the general rule quoted above is way too impossible to enforce.

Comment

As a regular user of AA equipment, and having been told I cant use the AA gun from US carrier on the Noshahr Canals map; I would like to get an official ruling on the use of the stationary AA gun on targets other than aircraft. Personally, I use the follow ROE when using this weapon: 1) Aircraft are primary targets, 2) Vehicles are secondary with armor being primary and fast movers being secondary, 3) Personnel, but only when Aircraft and or armor are not viable targets. And as an additional personal rule I normally wont use this unless the US side has been pushed from the mainland and having troubles finding a foot hold.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

My litmus test for behavior is as follows: would I be angry if someone else doing it? I'm content to respect the guy on the other side of the screen and let that dictate my behavior. That, and keep an eye on chat.

Comment

Originally posted by Beinseth View Post
                    I would like to get an official ruling on the use of the stationary AA gun on targets other than aircraft.
                    Using AA on non-air resources is not prohibited by rule - but no-one is going to gain much respect by doing it.

If someone uses mobile or stationary AA primarily on infantry and armor rather than air resources - that's a problem and a misuse of team resources as it leaves their team vulnerable.

We will continue to watch this issue, if it becomes a significant problem to the point of being abusive we will revisit it.

It would undoubtedly have been better had the AA not been positioned as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by tkarmadragon View Post
                      Operation Metro - Let's face it. If one team holds all the objectives, what else do you expect them to do? Especially on this map? Especially on the US team, where Charlie flag has intentionally placed sniper nests overlooking the RU UCB, which also happens to be a wide open courtyard on low ground? It's like DICE specifically designed this map to be a grief fest on conquest(hey, that rhymes!).
                      How about falling back and let them have a flag? That way the game is more fun for everyone.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                        Good post! I've already kicked two players out of my squad today for not participating in what SL is trying to achieve.
                        Please do more than kick.. Let the admins know, so we can remove them from the server. Players who don't follow orders have no place at TG.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
                          My personal practice here. When I'm squad leading and one of my squad members picks up a jet, helo, or armor asset, I tell them that I consider that vehicle to be their personal asset and they should do with it as they see best for the benefit of the team. It's a fairly hands off approach for an SL, but I find that if someone in my squad picked up any kind of vehicle asset they did so for a reason and probably have a good usage for it already in mind.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

In BF2 you could label your squad "Air Support", oh the days.

Comment

Or "Boat Patrol"
                              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed