Battlefield 3 12/6 Update is Now Live

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Battlefield 3 12/6 Update is Now Live

Just started the update myself and it's a good 3.9GB. Anyone that has trouble getting the update to start, restart your Origin client and that should do it. Also, once the update is released and the game functional I would like to hear everyone's impressions on stability, performance, etc of this new patch.

Thanks!

:)
    Last edited by FBmantis; 12-06-2011, 05:25 AM.
    A.E.K.Δ.B.

Re: Battlefield 3 12/6 Update is Now Live

This is just the patch, and the expansion is next week right?

Comment

The patch includes the files needed for the Karkand pack. They included it this time. In the future they say they will not do that because it makes the patch too large. You will only download DLC content if you choose to (i.e. if you opted to get them). Which means when they turn on the expansion on Dec 13th then anyone who has legit access to Karkand will work.
      "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
      "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Sure hope they fixed it so my game doesn't lock up and I can only get in once every 20 tries.

Comment

Since it's related...

Battlelog Update #3
          http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4776033281734/

In preparation for the upcoming expansion pack and the holidays we have decided to super-charge the Server Browser with a couple of new features. These new improvements are as always based on requests and feedback from the Get Satisfaction forums that you’ve posted.
          Lots of different bug fixes has also been made but feature wise, these are the highlights:
          Visit the link it has screen shots of some of the changes on Battlelog.
          "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
          "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

This patch has a LOT of changes, even ones that I didn't read in the patch notes. For example, they changed the gun firing sounds for the MBT, and moved/shrunk the chatlog and gave team colors to player names. They also added PING!

They also nerfed the hell out of auto fire. Good luck hitting anything even at medium range. You have to be very conservative with it or else all your bullets will miss. At long range, it's a joke unless you go prone, bipod or single fire. I actually had my first legit firefight since I started playing this game. Me and an enemy saw each other at long distance, took a few shots, didn't hit a damn thing, and decided to take cover and actually shoot it out in a drawn out battle.

Also, the IRNV is nerfed to the point where I don't see anyone using it anymore. Not that it's useless; it would still work great in a CQB situation with lots of debris or foliage. But you can't see very far with it, and so most people are using scopes or holo sights now. Concealing yourself is now a legitimate strategy!

Comment

Originally posted by tkarmadragon View Post
              Also, the IRNV is nerfed to the point where I don't see anyone using it anymore. Not that it's useless; it would still work great in a CQB situation with lots of debris or foliage. But you can't see very far with it, and so most people are using scopes or holo sights now. Concealing yourself is now a legitimate strategy!
              Yay!!!
              You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
              sigpic

Comment

My d/l speed is pretty good (1.7 mb/s)

Comment

Courtesy of reddit;

Originally posted by http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/n2fyx/bf3_patch_hidden_changes_log/
                  So far I've come across a few changes that I am pretty sure were not in the changelog, post any you find here ^

* 'H' key now changes chat between the following options:

-Hidden (chat does not come up ever)

-Pop-up (old styled pop up when chat is active)

-On (always on)

Vehicle sensitivity slider is now in options

Icons/names now flash when using 'Q'

Disable threshold reduced to around 37hp for air vehicles [more info on ground vehicles needed]

Tower on Caspian now collapses near the end of rounds

Player pings now displayed on the scoreboard (your own is not)

No longer spawn at main when spawn selection is unavailable [needs confirmation]
                  The big one that jumps out at me is that there is now the possibility of 0 communication with some players (as opposed to one way). The ability to disable the chatbox entirely essentially allows a single player experience online.

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
                    Courtesy of reddit;
                    The big one that jumps out at me is that there is now the possibility of 0 communication with some players (as opposed to one way). The ability to disable the chatbox entirely essentially allows a single player experience online.
                    People always had that option by simply ignoring the textbox...this just makes it official.

From the texxt chat that I generally see on non-TG servers I think this actually might be really useful for me.

Comment

Another area where Steam > Origin. I had to manually start the download, instead of it updating itself. What a waste of time.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
                        Courtesy of reddit;

Is this a good thing? or bad? I can understand people wanting to opt out of seeing the chat box popping up, because it "ruins their immersion". This also means they wont have the opportunity to read valuable information from the server/ admins/ other players such as; TS server information, server rule warnings, enemy spottings, and other helpful information. Which are all easily ignored by not looking at it... But now, if we kick someone for violating the rules, they have an excuse. . . or they have an excuse not to follow the server rules, "I didnt see any rules against being an @$$hat!"

EDIT: Specterr beat me to is while I was typing.
                        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                        E Pluribus Unum
                        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Battlelog shows the message for being kicked when you get sent to your desktop.

And, the Battlelog kick reason can be significantly longer than lines in in-game chat.

So, one way or another...

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                            Another area where Steam > Origin. I had to manually start the download, instead of it updating itself. What a waste of time.
                            Mine started automatically. Strange.

Comment

For some resolutions, it really is good to hide the chatbox and only check in on it once in a while, on 1620x900 I think it takes up very nearly 1/3 the screen, the top/middle left portion of the screen was totally unusable for those guys. Just don't forget about it totally..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X