Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need In-Game VOIP in next patch - Part Deux!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need In-Game VOIP in next patch - Part Deux!

My first post on Reddit about the VOIP is 5th of the year on Reddits BF3 Group now. With over 5000 votes.

I made second one here, as part of the newly released patch. And I need your guys help.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3...tch_part_deux/

Please Up-Vote it, so DICE can repeatly see that VOIP has to be implemented in BF3.

I am well aware of the latest Twitter from Zhinto. But I see it as a bad excuse. Nothing is impossible, just look at Knyghtmares work with TeamSync.
    "The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind"
    H.P. Lovecraft

Re: We need In-Game VOIP in next patch - Part Deux!

I signed the first one, but the twit is the nail in the coffin, it's now clear to me that any progress on the teamwork front is going to come without dice's permission, against their will, done by modders.

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
      I signed the first one, but the twit is the nail in the coffin, it's now clear to me that any progress on the teamwork front is going to come without dice's permission, against their will, done by modders.
      True.

Just kindda weird that they avoid the VOIP subject. I mean it is in the top 5 on the blogs at getsatisfaction. Top 5 on Reddit.

I don't mind keep spamming posts like this on Reddit, at least gives some attention to the subject. Hopefully the more you ask for something, the more you will get it. (maybe not in this case?)
      H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

I don't think there is much point in hoping for integrated VOIP in BF3, my money is that no amount of attention brought will outweigh the financial costs to implementing it in a game that is post-release.

Which isn't to say I think what you are doing it pointless...far from it actually, my hope is that maybe, (just maybe) DICE remembers this backlash and chooses to implement it into the next battlefield they build (probably within 2-3 years)...I'll start crossing my fingers now for it to be implemented in BF2242 =)

Comment

They never planned to do it. Like many issues with "BF3", they dodged the questions until after the game shipped. Now they have our money and see no value in spending money to develop this feature. It is still a good game but is not deserving of the title Battlefield 3 as this is not a true sequel.
          Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I think the best way to stir some attention is to keep dogging DICE about it. (Like a post about VOIP on reddit every week).
            You either do this or not buy their future games to send them a message.
            As consumers, this is the only way to force these changes

Comment

Originally posted by DocGuo View Post
              I think the best way to stir some attention is to keep dogging DICE about it. (Like a post about VOIP on reddit every week).
              I'm opting for the latter. DICE has, frankly, sold out and Battlefield just won't be the same in the future. Either an "indie" dev will pick up on the Battlefield concept and do a better job or we get stuck with BF3/BC2 rehashes ala. the COD franchise because that's the safe bet for ROI on triple A games.

Comment

Originally posted by DocGuo View Post
                +1 rep

|TG-IRR|

Comment

While I don't believe it'll happen (just hoping for the best), I do believe we have to keep bringing it up. We can't let the same thing happen to BF3 as it did for BC2 when it comes to voip.

One side effect of constantly mentioning voip is that it brings awareness to KnyghtMare's TeamSync, and eventually to here. Over the past few days, every voip thread has someone mentioning how awesome TeamSync is, and that they should check out TG. Cheers, KnyghtMare and TG admins!

Comment

All we can do as the PC gamer who supports a native VOIP for the game is keep on the pressure. If it never dies and it continues to have a strong support then it can't be forgotten and the possibility of it existing in a future patch or a future game is higher. That's the best we can hope for. Until then reverse engineering of the game or a product like KnyghtMare has put out will have to take up the slack. But those that use those tools are a much smaller percentage of the supporters because of the extra steps needed to not only use that tool but also to get others to also use that tool. There are really so many elements that are missing from spectator mode for admins to simple things like customizable squads to a native VOIP that are missing. It's quite obvious that the main developers that brought all that to the gaming community in the first place are either not with DICE anymore or have been brainwashed by the $/effort ratio.

So just keep supporting, keep pushing and hopefully it will all pay off. Can't give up and can't get complacent.
                    "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Think it's best to keep posting about the VOIP.

We all know what happened, when people stopped complaining about the VOIP in BC2, cause they trusted in DICE, since they said they would fix it. :D
                      H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

^^^
                        Exactly. Assume everything that DICE tells you to be a lie until you see it or experience it for yourself. Until then it's vapor ware and empty promises.
                        "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                        "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

New post from Zhinto on the EA forums. This guy is soooo confusing at times, saying one thing, then saying another.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...l#post20468705

"To clear things up, there are no technical or business related issues stopping us from implementing in-game VOIP on PC. We are not promising anything, but it is something we are investigating at the moment."
                          H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Seriously, he needs a good talking to or be replaced! How is anyone in the community supposed to trust a single word he says when he keeps doing stuff like this. Get a grip man or get out!

Comment

It seems odd that VOIP they had working in the past and worked (BF2142...I forget how well BF2 worked) was not used in the newest release. You can't imagine it would take that much programming to import it.
                              Telorn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X