No announcement yet.

Spawn on squad leaders only in filter!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawn on squad leaders only in filter!

Squad leaders important again?

Re: Spawn on squad leaders only in filter!

We had this running before. BUT, there were too times when the SL was; not leading / flying around / sniping from a tent 600 meters from the closest flag.. that the admin team had to turn it off.

It would be nice to have this option on again, but then we would really need to start kicking those who are not playing by the server SOPs. hint hint :row__688:
    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
    E Pluribus Unum
    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I thought the big problem was the bug that would consistently show up that no SL would be assigned effectively gimping the squad. If that bug is fixed I'd definitely like to have a discussion to implement it since the squad mechanics have changed as well. Now it should be a lot easier to get effective squads together especially on the 44 and 32 player server where there is always some available empty squads.

Comment

Yeah, we turned it off because of the no-SL bug. We can certainly think about it again.

Comment

I guess that is only news to me, but isnt forcing that a part of what makes TG TG?

Also, increase bullet damage please!

Comment

I have not seen the no SL for a long time, although maybe it is related to having that setting on?
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
              Yeah, we turned it off because of the no-SL bug. We can certainly think about it again.
              Oh yeah, I forgot about that bug.

I was also wondering if "man down time" would increase the amount of time a player is revivable. If so, would it be possible to increase it instead of relying on the respawn time. Maybe it would give medics a better chance of getting some revives. Right now you have to be within 20 feet of someone when they go down to have the time to clear the area before going for the revive. I personally would rather sit and wait for a revive for an extra 10 seconds than sit and wait for that respawn timer. I really dont have a problem with the respawn timer, I just want more time to revive. Maybe there will be less medics sprinting for a revive without looking for the killer.
              E Pluribus Unum

Comment

I like the idea of more time for revive...
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I like the idea of a longer revive time as well . . . . . . . back on topic though, even with some complications that might arrive from non-TG members as SL and playing the objective, I would think that as long as the SL bug is fixed, having SL spawn turned on could only add to the TG style of play.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hil3illy View Post
                    I like the idea of a longer revive time as well . . . . . . . back on topic though, even with some complications that might arrive from non-TG members as SL and playing the objective, I would think that as long as the SL bug is fixed, having SL spawn turned on could only add to the TG style of play.
                    I agree. I'd like to see us try this out again if the bug is fixed.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd like to ensure the SL bug is fixed before switching to SL only. I really like the idea of SL spawn only, but I'd hate to find out that the bug still exists after the server switch has been made.

One other concern for me is the inability to create squads. In the past, if you were unhappy with the SL, you simply moved or created a new squad. While this is possible on the 44-player server, it may not always be the case, and there's a good chance there won't be an open squad on the 64-player server. Having SL-spawn only hurts squads with poor SL's and can't do anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                        I'd like to ensure the SL bug is fixed before switching to SL only. I really like the idea of SL spawn only, but I'd hate to find out that the bug still exists after the server switch has been made.
                        The only way to find out is to try it. The admin team can always disable it if it is still broken.

One other concern for me is the inability to create squads. In the past, if you were unhappy with the SL, you simply moved or created a new squad. While this is possible on the 44-player server, it may not always be the case, and there's a good chance there won't be an open squad on the 64-player server. Having SL-spawn only hurts squads with poor SL's and can't do anything about it.
                        While all true, we do have admins on "most of the time" who can "fix" those problems. I found that even at 3 in the morning we can have non responsive SLs removed from Server1 when the server is full. All the other squads were full(ish) except for 2 "one-man-squads" who were sniping from the same hill, and the 3 of us in TS wanted to play together. Problem solved.
                        E Pluribus Unum

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                          Oh yeah, I forgot about that bug.

I was also wondering if "man down time" would increase the amount of time a player is revivable. If so, would it be possible to increase it instead of relying on the respawn time. Maybe it would give medics a better chance of getting some revives. Right now you have to be within 20 feet of someone when they go down to have the time to clear the area before going for the revive. I personally would rather sit and wait for a revive for an extra 10 seconds than sit and wait for that respawn timer. I really dont have a problem with the respawn timer, I just want more time to revive. Maybe there will be less medics sprinting for a revive without looking for the killer.
                          Great idea! And, it's still optional to the downed player! What's the downside?!

EDIT: especially when coupled with a SL only spawn server, you'd want those extra seconds to revive the SL!

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                            While all true, we do have admins on "most of the time" who can "fix" those problems. I found that even at 3 in the morning we can have non responsive SLs removed from Server1 when the server is full. All the other squads were full(ish) except for 2 "one-man-squads" who were sniping from the same hill, and the 3 of us in TS wanted to play together. Problem solved.
                            We have a lot of new faces on the server. Inexperienced or confused but communicative quad leaders should be encouraged and supported whenever possible. Let's expose people to what a TG squad following directions can do.

However, squad leaders aren't exempt from the teamwork requirement. A SL that isn't talking or typing, isn't providing ordering, or just hops to random objectives without a plan and without their squad has no more business on our server than a squad member who does the same.

If there are squad leaders who are not even attempting to lead, or running locked squads on a full server - please let us know.

Comment

For the record BF2/2142 had a limited number of squads also (8 I believe). If you tried to create a new squad when there were already too many the game would tell you there are too many squads. The only difference here is the 4man vs 6man squads. I WANT 6MAN SQUADS DAMNIT.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X