Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be really careful about using EA forums.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be really careful about using EA forums.

I'm sure some of you have seen the Reddit posts about being banned from BF3 for swearing in battlelog.

EA has now banned someone from their EA account, including BC2 and BF3, because
    The violation in question was someone making a post, cursing at me, with my username at the end of their rant. That's right. You just have to swear at someone now and EA's automatic filter does the rest.
    http://www.destructoid.com/ea-will-b...u-217219.phtml

Re: Be really careful about using EA forums.

The irony is, of course, that the game drops f-bombs all the time. But, you know, I stopped looking for consistency in life a long time ago. A useless search if there ever was one.

Comment

I'd take the advice in the thread title one step further and tell people to avoid the EA forums altogether. I'm not sure if I even have a forum account there.
      Several people on the RPS forums have told of having their accounts banned for little or no reason, including one chap who received a 72-hour ban for saying 'badass', then a few weeks later was banned again for the same post. Not for reposting it - for the exact same post from a while ago.
      EA's banning policy has gone beyond parody.
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

When I purchase a product from a company I expect to be treated like an adult not a child.
        EA is not our parents.
        Sarcoma.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcoma View Post
          When I purchase a product from a company I expect to be treated like an adult not a child.
          EA is not our parents.
          No, they're not. It sounds like their CS team is poorly trained or have vague directives. These are the only forums I frequent, unless you count reddit as a forum, which in some way it could be?

I'd just stay away. What good could be gained from them anyways?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X