Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playclaw is free for today (TeamSpeak overlay, FPS overlay, video capture tool)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playclaw is free for today (TeamSpeak overlay, FPS overlay, video capture tool)

If you wanted to give video recording a try without buying FRAPS or other software try this one for free today:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/playclaw-2-1-0/

Re: Playclaw is free for today (TeamSpeak overlay, FPS overlay, video capture tool)

Awesome, thanks knyghtmare!
    sigpic

Comment

Cheers:) is playclaw better than fraps or much the same.
      sigpic

Former Pathfinder
      Former ARMA Admin
      Former ARMA TGU instructor
      Former TGU Headmaster
      Current Noob
      Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Re: Playclaw is free for today (TeamSpeak overlay, FPS overlay, video capture tool)

The website, giveawayoftheday, makes me nervous. Can anyone confirm the provided exe is in fact directly from playclaw and does not contain spyware/toolbars/etc?
        Twisted Firestarter
        a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
        sigpic

Comment

I installed and registered. Just close out the next screen that pops up with wanting to install the giveawayaday stuff on your browser. I liked PlayClaw, I was just never going to pay for it, now I have it for free. Good deal, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
            The website, giveawayoftheday, makes me nervous. Can anyone confirm the provided exe is in fact directly from playclaw and does not contain spyware/toolbars/etc?
            I installed both the "giveawayoftheday" version of Playclaw as well as the native version downloaded from the Playclaw website in a virtual machine and did a cursory check of network, registry and file system activity to look for anything fishy. Provided you back out of the obvious promoware installation you're presented with at the end, as UnDeaD pointed out already, there doesn't seem to be anything sinister going on (no guarantees, of course :) ).

However, if you want to avoid running the installer from the giveaway site altogether, you could just go with the Playclaw version and use the registration code that's listed in the giveaway readme.txt file (inside the zip archive). Works just fine.

HTH.
            <insert signature spam here>

Comment

Well, the only problem is, that there is no support for BF3! That's a bummer.

Comment

I tried it out in BF3 and it worked for me.

Former TG-21st
                Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

You have to put the 32 bit or 64 bit .dll into your teamspeak plugin folder from thets3plugins play claw folder. Then restart teamspeak and activate the plugin.

Thanks for this! Been lookin for an overlay that works properly. It works fine. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumQrack View Post
                    You have to put the 32 bit or 64 bit .dll into your teamspeak plugin folder from thets3plugins play claw folder. Then restart teamspeak and activate the plugin.

Thanks for this! Been lookin for an overlay that works properly. It works fine. Cheers!
                    Duh! Thanks.

Comment

sweet, i already downloaded it and commented on this in the video section. :)
                      -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

This makes TeamSync perfect now. Feels like real VOIP, knowing whose talking now.

Comment

Thanks so much, knyghtmare. I've been running the free trial of VoipOverlay (Playclaw without the video capturing) and was about to buy it when the trial ran out. Free is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                            This makes TeamSync perfect now. Feels like real VOIP, knowing whose talking now.
                            But... but... Teamspeak already comes with an on-screen overlay and it works flawlessly; no need to use Playclaw for that. Or am I missing something here?
                            <insert signature spam here>

Comment

Originally posted by Lekdevil.NL View Post
                              Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
                              But... but... Teamspeak already comes with an on-screen overlay and it works flawlessly; no need to use Playclaw for that. Or am I missing something here?
                              Not for everyone. It makes some people crash, like me:)
                              sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                              Former ARMA Admin
                              Former ARMA TGU instructor
                              Former TGU Headmaster
                              Current Noob
                              Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse