Quickscoping Change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickscoping Change

Found this on reddit a few minutes ago: I'm not sure if someone already posted this. Apparently, you need to wait a few seconds after running in order to have full accuracy, so no more quickscoping for snipers. I think it's intended to reward a bit more careful gameplay as opposed to the run-and-gun Rambo stuff some people are used to. Thoughts?

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3...rence_between/
    He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed.

Re: Quickscoping Change

It's a little harsh because it, again, punishes being a recon. With an automatic rifle you can still get away with running and gunning frequently but it's near impossible with a sniper rifle. I've been caught in the middle of a sprint and, yeah, it's a for sure death. So, for yet another reason, the recon is an undesirable kit choice.

Comment

While I would agree with Knyghtmare to some degree, if your running around with a sniper rifle and get caught with your pants down; shouldnt you be kinda ****ed to begin with. What would be nice is if as recon, you could use one of the PDW weapons as your secondary, instead of a pistol. This would give you the ability to shoot from a stable position, unass the position and have a weapon designed for "caught with your pants down" situations.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Have to agree with Beinseth here, if you're using a long gun shouldn't you be playing different to when you are equipped with a pdw? Shouldn't you expect different results using a long gun with a hi magnification scope as opposed to an assault rifle designed for that use.

Otherwise you end up with a scenario of encouraging the sad site of people being 'CQB sniporz' running around trying to quick scope everyone while listening to wub wub music. Good change imo.

Comment

I've just started using the recon kit and was finding it difficult to scope in on target while moving. Based on alot of gameplay video I was wondering what I was doing wrong but this makes alot of sense. Sure if you get caught in the open it sucks, but as a recon shouldn't you be mobile on the outside range of most other weapons providing overwatch?

I like your idea though Beinseth, though I could see it being viewed as OP class then. There are the auto fire pistols that kind of work for that purpose.
          sigpic

Comment

Well BF3 is not a milsim obviously, but throwing an AR with an irons/reflex/ACOG type sight to your shoulder and acquiring your target goes a lot faster then with a scoped bolt action type. It takes me a second or two to pick up my target with a scoped rifle. The game reflects this with scopes having a longer ADS time then irons or reflex.

I do think the Recon kit is weak, but I think removing the scope glint would be the best way to counter that. I do think DICE equipped the Recon to be a support role more then anything else. They have all the unlocks that coordinate and enhance the team. I'd like to see the scope glint remove and them get more points for spotting and SOFLAMing things. Especially SOFLAM.

Yes, Britt just called for a buff to the recon kit. Truly this must be the end times.

Comment

Originally posted by Beinseth View Post
              While I would agree with Knyghtmare to some degree, if your running around with a sniper rifle and get caught with your pants down; shouldnt you be kinda ****ed to begin with. What would be nice is if as recon, you could use one of the PDW weapons as your secondary, instead of a pistol. This would give you the ability to shoot from a stable position, unass the position and have a weapon designed for "caught with your pants down" situations.
              I don't disagree at all. Rather than suggesting recons should be capable of running and gunning I wanted to point out that an already weak class (recon) suffers even more from this change. That's all :)

Comment

Personally, I hate Recon as a class. After playing Project Reality and having sniper rifles be part of a specialized kit that is limited in number across a whole team, I can't stand playing games where every 3rd player is running around with a 4 foot long, 18 pound scoped, accurized, bolt action rifle, bunny hopping around and still blowing heads off at 5 meters.

If you have ever used a scoped rifle, trying to look down a scope on the move makes you want to vomit.

Any change that makes going from sprint to combat effective is a good one. Period, end of story. The game already plays like Call of Duty to a point where if you aren't running, you had better be shooting, and if you aren't shooting you are probably dying.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                  I do think the Recon kit is weak, but I think removing the scope glint would be the best way to counter that. I do think DICE equipped the Recon to be a support role more then anything else. They have all the unlocks that coordinate and enhance the team. I'd like to see the scope glint remove and them get more points for spotting and SOFLAMing things. Especially SOFLAM.
                  two thumbs up for this. Would also like to see more people carrying javelins. I know that the few times I setup a soflam, it was pointless. Everyone was running rpg's.

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
                    two thumbs up for this. Would also like to see more people carrying javelins. I know that the few times I setup a soflam, it was pointless. Everyone was running rpg's.
                    Before the latest patch, a SOFLAM'd Javelin would miss the target if the tank moved more than 10 feet after the rocket fired. I saw on a pub server, Kharg, two SOFLAMs and 5 Javs just utterly wrecking the advance. Try running a SOFLAM again, I know I'll use the Jav if I see a friendly SOFLAM.

4 rockets really hurts your capabilities if you aren't SURE those rockets are going to hit.
                    I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

The problem with the SOFLAM is it's too easy to find. Each and every time I deploy it it gets found super quick no matter if I try to hide it in corners or behind some cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcsak View Post
                        Before the latest patch, a SOFLAM'd Javelin would miss the target if the tank moved more than 10 feet after the rocket fired. I saw on a pub server, Kharg, two SOFLAMs and 5 Javs just utterly wrecking the advance. Try running a SOFLAM again, I know I'll use the Jav if I see a friendly SOFLAM.

4 rockets really hurts your capabilities if you aren't SURE those rockets are going to hit.
                        I was in a squad doing the same thing the other night on server 3 on Kharg. I was lasing targets and the rest of squad was running between C and D and Jav'ing anything coming towards E. We won the round by 200 tickets.

I don't really see a problem with the quick scope thing, but there should be more feedback to show you the gun is flinging bullets all over the place.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
                          Don't forget that tanks with guided shells can also take advantage of your SOFLAM, so let the team know if you are using it, and a Tank gunner may switch to the shells.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
                            The problem with the SOFLAM is it's too easy to find. Each and every time I deploy it it gets found super quick no matter if I try to hide it in corners or behind some cover.
                            That's because the laser is easily seen by the tank crew. A couple of nights ago I was in the MAA. Every time I got lock'd it was because of a SOFLAM. It was easy to turn, see the shining red laser, and shoot it.

Comment

In the squads I was running in today we were doing the same thing with Jav and Soflam. We ran each squad with 2 engi's 1 recon 1 supply. pretty unstopable. As recon drop your Soflam move to new location resupply and as soon as the old one gets shot out put out the new one. It worked out pretty well and you were able to stay fairly mobile to keep taking flags.
                              Add in the guided tank shells and taking out helo's was never so much fun!
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X