This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please remind me why I stil wouldl want to play BF3

Ok I don't want to make this whole post just about complaining.

Here is the thing, me aswell as many of you have a limited amount of time to dedicate to gaming.
    Sometimes I have an evening here an there and maybe during the weekend.
    Now I want to play Back to Karkand tonight, it is released today and I have payed for it. I want the content I have been promised.

I get home from work eager to play this new content and the s**t does not work!
    A problem with EA's back end a tweet says?
    Apparently this problem has been around for hours. Seriously what the hell.
    The random crashes I get every 30 minutes or so I can take,
    the stupid solution of putting the whole UI outside the game I can take,
    broken voip I can take, but not being able to even play the game!? That crosses a line, I mean EA knows how many people bought the game aswell as how many got the B2K expansion.
    How come they did not have their ducks in a row come launch time.
    If EA were NASA their lunar expedition rocket would have crashed into the White House and the Kreml at the same time causing WWIII or worse.

I am very close to just saying f**k this game and then uninstalling it.

There, I am done listing some of the cons for this poor excuse of a game launch and the feces surrounding this OK game.

Congratulations everyone! Karkand has now been released!
    Congratulations indeed, thanks for not being in charge of christmas.

Now please remind me why I would still want to play this game, what are the pros?

P.S If this post is regarded as stupid/ offensive/ unnecessary or other feel free to just delete it. I am just ranting.

Update: I never proof read the subject line, only the post...
    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Re: Please remind me why I stil wouldl want to play BF3

I can give one postivie thing about BF3 and that is that TG supports it.
    I have had fun playing with you all and I enjoy seeing new players joining us and having fun on the servers.
    That is what keeps me coming back, without TG I would have stopped playing this game two weeks in.

Comment

I feel for you. I truly do. I have to ask why though is it that a guy can have zero issues with stability from alpha to now? I am "that" guy. You cant say the games broken. If it were the servers would all be empty. Please dont take this the wrong way lein but it is something somewhere driver or hardware related. Possibly router related??? What have yiu done for troubleshooting? dunno if it makes a difference but my system is 100% amd/ati.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Because it's fun!

Comment

Why do you play this game? You play it because it is almost like a small social that allows you to kill your fellow man (over the internet)...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
            I feel for you. I truly do. I have to ask why though is it that a guy can have zero issues with stability from alpha to now? I am "that" guy. You cant say the games broken. If it were the servers would all be empty. Please dont take this the wrong way lein but it is something somewhere driver or hardware related. Possibly router related??? What have yiu done for troubleshooting? dunno if it makes a difference but my system is 100% amd/ati.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
            Wow zero issues? that is great for you :) and I mean that sincerely. I have been troubleshooting and I have talked to some people who has had similar issues. Are you saying that you are able to connect to Origin right now?
            When I get to play one in my squad crashes once every round it seems like.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
              Why do you play this game? You play it because it is almost like a small social that allows you to kill your fellow man (over the internet)...
              That's positive I guess :)

Comment

As sincere as I can put it, I think you need more patience in troubleshooting. I have plenty of errors on my end, but I just took my time to figure it out and got it working without a sweat.

For trying not to make this thread about complaining, you surely started it off in that direction: mentioning a problem and how it makes you feel with no mention of a proposed solution is essentially complaining. If you're looking for a solution, then phrase your thoughts in a way to ask the community to help you. If you want to praise the community, there are certainly better ways of doing so.

Forgive me for my bluntness, but I frown upon rant threads. They do nothing but stir up negativity. Yes, games can be frustrating, but I prefer to find ways to solve them instead of finding ways to release my frustration.

Comment

Personally I play so I can violate the geneva convention:

http://games.slashdot.org/story/11/1...manitarian-law

Comment

Hmmm,

I have had zero tech issues with BF3 since day.

Zero problems with Battlelog (which I like).

Yes, there are a few quirks -- any software system has them.

It is unfortunate that you have been plagued with issues, but these may mostly belong on your side of the coax cable . . .

Seems to me that your feelings are out of proportion to the issue -- a few hours delay in the launch of new maps.

Life will hold greater disappointments for you than BF3.

As to why play.

Like yourself perhaps, the ONLY reason I play online games is because of the people I play with.

Some are douchebags, of course.

Many are mature individuals looking for mature teamplay.

Life is mostly about how you look at it and what you bring to it.

Bring something good to the game and see what it gives in return.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well Lien it's easy.

Are you having fun when you actually are on a server and playing? After a round do you think back and smile....?
                      Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
                        Are you having fun when you actually are on a server and playing? After a round do you think back and smile....?
                        For me it depends on the number of times Specterr kills me in a given round. :D

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
                          Personally I play so I can violate the geneva convention:

http://games.slashdot.org/story/11/1...manitarian-law
                          Hey, I aim for people's canteens with my RPGs, not their person. I don't know about you.

Comment

If it wasn't for TG, I probably would've stopped with BF3 within the first two weeks aswell. A game is nothing to me without adequate VOIP. Teamsync and TG is the only thing keeping me playing this game. However, if it wasn't for TG I probably wouldn't be playing any game for that matter lol

Comment

I just got my bc2: Vietnam on for a few rounds while I had the chance, and you know what?

I had much more fun then I've had with BF3 so far,sometimes it takes something new to come along and show how good the old was ;)

Go play BC2...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X