F35

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F35

Love the cannon on the f35 but does anyone know how to sharp turn the plane without making it go into hover mode? It's proving to be impossible to out turn the other jets because of this...

Re: F35

Originally posted by TacticalJim View Post
    Love the cannon on the f35 but does anyone know how to sharp turn the plane without making it go into hover mode? It's proving to be impossible to out turn the other jets because of this...
    It isn't a maneuverable jet, it isn't supposed to be.

Comment

So I guess the best bet is to cap the airfield lol

Comment

So if I'm a good helo pilot, but haven't gotten the controls down for the regular jets, think the F35 might work out for me?

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
          It isn't a maneuverable jet, it isn't supposed to be.
          Found that out the hard way last night. I was up against two jets, which I'm normally not /that/ concerned by, at least not in the other jets, but I couldn't turn for jack and nearly slammed against the ground a few times. I did once, against the water, and managed to barely recover.

Then I got shot down. And found $10.

Comment

The armor on them is also paper thin :/

They don't really work like a helicopter but they don't work like a jet either, I'm not really sure which role they are supposed to fill but it sure feels like they aren't effective against much. My guess is that DICE wants us to use them as bombers with the guided missiles maybe but with the opposing team getting the fast and maneuverable jets you are going to die in an F35 and it's going to be quick.

Comment

Seems that the only difference between it and the other jets is the fact that hitting the brakes causes you to almost immediate enter hover mode...kinda silly...they could have just made another button available to enter hover mode when slowed sufficiently. I can't think of a reason to hover other then to land/take off...I know they probably envisioned F35s hovering and gunning in BF3 when they put them into the game but it's just not feasible

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalJim View Post
                they could have just made another button available to enter hover mode when slowed sufficiently.
                Game developed for consoles says otherwise!
                |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                Irregular since 2007.

Comment

in hover mode you can shoot the pilot.....found that one out the fun way :D
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                    in hover mode you can shoot the pilot.....found that one out the fun way :D
                    When you hover the damn cockpit opens up :/

Comment

IIRC theres actually some keybinds in the controls for hover mode... would have to check again however.
                      Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                      Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

The only success I've had its treating it like a helo when against jets and as a jet when against ground targets or helos.

I know I can't out turn, or outclimb a flanker...so I don't even try... I brake hard as I can and enter hover mode and try to straff him down while he turns for another pass. It seems to works okay, the biggest problem is that your a sitting duck for Stingers and Sidewinders if you are stationary.

Comment

Yeah you definitely need to take a different approach to the F35, still trying to refine mine, i just plan on not living too long especially when a jet decides to come after me. If you have a joystick with a throttle, the middle position is where you want it for brake, any further down and you start to go into hover mode, not sure how keyboard control works, look into the keybinds to see if you can set the keys up for it as was suggested above. I hope they give a little bump to the turn radius in a future patch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X