Screenshot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshot

I'm lazy and Steam has made me lazy with their ease of use screenshot UI. Am I missing something on Origin? Is there a screenshot function like on Steam?

If not, is it just Print Screen to take a screenshot and where are they filed?
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Screenshot

I've been wondering the same. Print screen plus pasting into Photoshop or Paint or whatever should work. But I don't know if it's automatically stored as a file. Would be awesome, because I've done it several times. But I doubt it.

Comment

Open console (~ by default) and type...

Screenshot.Render

They are saved to \Users\%username%\Documents\Battlefield 3\Screenshots

Comment

Alternative to this is to install a paid tool like FRAPS to record screenshots and video. I use that often and it's well worth the $10.

Comment

ugh. another instance where a console command could have been keybound

Comment

EVGA precision tool also has a custom keybind you can set for screenshots. I set mine to shift + f12

Sent from HTC EVO via Tapatalk
            "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
            "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Doesn't windows have a function that you can key bind?

Comment

I am not aware of any native Windows ability to take a screenshot and auto publish it in picture format in a folder. There are a large amount of apps that do this. For those using a GeForce vid card the EVGA Precision Tool does a very good job with it and has options for the key bind, screenshot size, type and location to be saved to. I would be surprised if Catalyst didn't have a similar feature for ATI/AMD vid cards.
                "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
                  Alternative to this is to install a paid tool like FRAPS to record screenshots and video. I use that often and it's well worth the $10.
                  Wow you have had Fraps for a long time, it has not been $10 bucks for almost a decade. :D
                  It is now $37, but anyone can DL the free version and use it, but it puts a water mark on your screen shots and video captures.
                  I personally use Fraps every time I play, have forever, it has the ability to capture video, gives FPS and Benchmark data if wanted.

I installed it on my D: drive so that the screen shots and video captures dont fill up the valuable and short supply of room on the C: drive. It is 28GB as of today, maybe I should clean that out.
                  theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                  E Pluribus Unum
                  Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Originally posted by ANGELofDEATH View Post
                    Wow you have had Fraps for a long time, it has not been $10 bucks for almost a decade. :D
                    It is now $37, but anyone can DL the free version and use it, but it puts a water mark on your screen shots and video captures.
                    I personally use Fraps every time I play, have forever, it has the ability to capture video, gives FPS and Benchmark data if wanted.

I installed it on my D: drive so that the screen shots and video captures dont fill up the valuable and short supply of room on the C: drive. It is 28GB as of today, maybe I should clean that out.
                    37 bucks? Well, I'm sure it's worth every penny. Though, you can take unlimited video for free with Teamspeak's new program "Overwolf", and there are many programs that allow screenshot bindings...including but not limited to EVGA's precision tool....

But, if you want to pay for what you can get for FREE in many places (included an FPS assessment using the command interphase on BF3 itself), I would NEVER suggest you go to http://thepiratebay.org/ and find FRAPS there,. that would be UNETHICAL! Not maybe as unethical as charging 37 bucks for what is considered a free by many others... ;)

Comment

Personally, I'd highly recommend MSI Afterburner for your screenshot taking needs. It's a wonderful hardware monitor and overclocking utility first and foremost, but it does have screen capture and video capture functionality. I can't speak for the video capture, but the screenshot function is good, mostly since the whole thing is free.

FRAPS Trial is ok, but I just can't stand being forced to save in .bmp format for screencaps unless I buy a ~$40 license when I can save in jpg or png for free elsewhere.

Also, if you usually run Steam while playing BF3 and would like to be able to use the Steam overlay, I would shamelessly recommend this blog post.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I didnt pay 37, I paid something like 20 bucks for it, a long time ago. I personally support content developers who deserve to be paid for their work.

I can understand the draw to places like the "bay", but I would not consider it ethical in any fashion to use their services. Even though I did use a lot of torrents many years ago, I am not that guy anymore. I expect to be paid for my work, so I pay those who deserve it.

Like I said anyone can use the free version of Fraps, its not that bad, I see the watermark on a lot of videos.. 37 bucks is nothing compared to what I pay for some of my other programs. Adobe alone wants another 600 bucks from me for an update, although I think I will sit this year's updates out. . . Not to mention the bastages at Autodesk(shakes fist at monitor).
                        theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
                        E Pluribus Unum
                        Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
                        Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

Bandicam is better than both fraps and MSI. I have a full working free version if you are interested. Only limit on it, is you can't set auto recording times i.e Bandicam allows you to set recording times to say 10 minutes, then it stops and starts recording another 10 minutes session. The version i have does not allow me to do that but every other function works great.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X