Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppression area of effect

Found via reddit:

reddit thread is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3...iggers_it_and/

Re: Suppression area of effect

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
    Found via reddit:

{super large image removed}

reddit thread is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3...iggers_it_and/
    I'm not even sure what the point of suppressive fire is, except a way to rack up points when someone else steals your kill. :-)

I notice that it blurs your screen, but not to a degree that hinders you from doing anything. I have a feeling that it also increases your recoil, though. I've noticed that suppressed enemies are much less accurate when firing back at me, although that might be a correlation with them going "OSHT OSHT IM GETTING SHOT."
    Last edited by Iamthefallen; 12-15-2011, 11:56 PM.

Comment

I think the effect is supposed to be mostly psychological. In that respect, seeing your screen blur and shake when stuff flies by usually scares people into diving for cover.
      He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed.

Comment

Suppression effect accuracy. I know this because i once tried to kill someone with a sniper x8 scope while being suppred.. and while i was dead on target my bullet would deviate left or right.
        -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalWarrior View Post
          Suppression effect accuracy. I know this because i once tried to kill someone with a sniper x8 scope while being suppred.. and while i was dead on target my bullet would deviate left or right.
          Unless you're holding your breath, which means it does nothing.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
          <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
          DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Getting suppression on a target seems way to hit and miss...I have had many situations with a m60/ext mag/bipod deployed/squad suppress where a sniper at med range receiving sustained fire on and around his position is able to get off a head shot on me.

Comment

You have to take into account if he had Squad Cover on as well... not to mention a couple other factors that contribute to Suppression. If you really want to add "Suppression" and/or aiming to get the medal then I suggest using the Squad Suppression and actually aiming at the target.

My personal experience against LMGs fired at myself doesn't suppress me much either because they don't fire in a burst which makes the spray go all over (which doesn't add suppress), they are missing me and/or don't use the perk.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalJim View Post
                Getting suppression on a target seems way to hit and miss...I have had many situations with a m60/ext mag/bipod deployed/squad suppress where a sniper at med range receiving sustained fire on and around his position is able to get off a head shot on me.
                From my experience with the regular sniper scopes, the suppression inaccuracy effect is completely negated if you hold your breath. That's probably how he got you.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X