Mumble positional VoIP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumble positional VoIP

I noticed that some mumble plugins are starting to pop up on the internets that allow positional VoIP ala BF2 PR style for BF3....would this be worth considering for us? Should work with teamsync too.

Re: Mumble positional VoIP

I am sure the admins and knyghtmare are already investigating ....

Comment

Yup. In an ideal world Mumble support would already be out, but this is something the admin team is looking at.

Comment

Mumble would be awesome.

Comment

Had to figure out what that meant ". Mumble also has positional audio for supported games, meaning the other players' voice will come from the direction their character is in game. "

That sounds very interesting...I mean, if I'm on the other side of the map, I suppose it means ONLY direction (not distance?).

Comment

It is distance and positional (closer to real life except yelling won't help your voice go farther). Mumble also includes squad leader radio, squad leader to squad leader, etc.

Comment

Man, that sounds wild.... especially when seeding a low pop server, when everyone is on the same channel, sneak up behind someone, scare the crap out of them..

Comment

Oh yeah it's quite fun...check out BF2 Project Reality footage or Arma 2 PR footage, it's hilarious hearing an insurgent running at you yelling

Comment

The only reason mumble works well with BF2 is because that game has squad voip as well. The combination usage of Teamspeak and Mumble might be cool but also means more complication.

The day that mumble includes a voice modulator for Russian->English and English->Russian will be a great day for single channel usage.
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                    The only reason mumble works well with BF2 is because that game has squad voip as well.
                    Actually, the last release of prmumble has a squad channel too which makes the ingame voip pretty much obsolete.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buflak View Post
                      Actually, the last release of prmumble has a squad channel too which makes the ingame voip pretty much obsolete.
                      Pimp. Would be awesome and would greatly improve intra squad cohesion

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X