This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal scrim!

Just in case anyone missed it, check this out!!

Naturally, we have to lock the thread for now. I explain everything in the announcement post. I just wanted to be sure everyone sees it and give you all a thread to talk about it in. :row__577:

My thanks to all the BF3 admin staff for coordinating with Namebot and myself to get this set up.

Re: Internal scrim!

Yay! No auditions that weekend! :D

Comment

I should be around :)
      A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Looking forward to this!!!
        sigpic

Comment

How did you make that map, Id like to see that kind of overhead view for all of the maps!

Nice!

Comment

Was wondering when a scrim would crop up for this.

rather excited for it, gonna have to get up early on boxing day to secure a spot!
            AnimalMother
            Ex TG-31st LR
            "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
            sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Little early for a scrim. Not home from work yet at 7pm.......sigh

Nvm.....i don't work that Saturday ....yay! :D

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

That's almost a month away!

Comment

Thanks to Aruncado, Namebot, and the BF3 admins for hosting this! I've been anticipating the first BF3 scrim.

My only question: Why cap the scrim to 50 total players as opposed to maximizing the server at 64 players? I know 'player density' is an issue with the vanilla BF3 maps, but the BTK maps seem to be better suited to handle 64 players, if not perfectly molded to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                    My only question: Why cap the scrim to 50 total players as opposed to maximizing the server at 64 players? I know 'player density' is an issue with the vanilla BF3 maps, but the BTK maps seem to be better suited to handle 64 players, if not perfectly molded to do so.
                    Good question. The 50 number was settled on for a different map originally. Then when B2K came out we decided to switch to Wake Island. We thought about it and decided to err on the side of caution and leave the number at 50. We didn't know what the interest would really be in the scrim or how the B2K maps would play with larger/smaller population. We could always make the teams larger if we need to but it is much harder to make them smaller after signups. Keep in mind that there is no promise for any change at all. We (Namebot, the admins, and myself) are still getting a feel for Wake Island. :row__577:

Comment

Full on TG mayhem with full 64 players?

PLEASE! :D

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

I'm not a giant fan of Wake Island, but I love me some hot and steamy TG on TG action :)

Kudos to Avocado and Terminatorbot for setting this up!

(No chance of us doing this on Karkand, Sharqi or Oman, eh? A guy's gotta ask :))

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
                          No chance of us doing this on Karkand, Sharqi or Oman, eh? A guy's gotta ask :)
                          Nope. Mine was the tie breaking vote and I decided Wake Island. All the Wake scrims I've been in were epic! Plus it is such a classic Battlefield map...it's been in practically all of them. So it seems fitting to have the first scrim on it.

Comment

sounds SWEET, cant wait to sign up
                            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Thanks for taking the initiative and organizing this. Kinda wish it was more than one map but I'll take what I can get. Also, please reconsider the arbitrary 50 person limit. We've had 64 players in Wake scrims before that worked fine.

Those are minor nits and I'm looking forward to taking part. I'll suggest one additional response field for people signing up: interest as CO/Captain, unless you guys already have that worked out.
                              Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X