Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New map?

I found these pics on the web today.

+1 rep to who remembers the name of this one :)

Is DICE trying to remake BF2 in the new frostbite engine?
    sigpic

Re: New map?

Could that be Dalian Plant? :D

Comment

looks like the old dalian plant to me? i see nothing that looks updated
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Dalian :)

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

That was a great map in BF2. Lets see how much blue tint DICE will add to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
          Last edited by UnDeaD; 12-20-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

That doesn't look very updated. Seeing what they've already done, they'll probably hack off a few of the control points and throw out of bounds all over the place.

They need to remap Fu She Pass. That map was EPIC.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I'm still partial to Mashtuur City.

Comment

It's dalian updated with photoshop. I wish it was real though, i loved this map.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                  I'm still partial to Mashtuur City.
                  That slowly became my favorite. Especially at TG the helicopters played the support role wonderfully.
                  Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

There was another map later on that wasn't Dalian Plant but looked similar. It was USMC vs Chinese I think. USMC spawned at a small base on the mainland and had to assault by air or by boat. It was a series of islands with one or two control points on each island. A couple of the islands were connected by bridges and the last island had a big , I mean very big airbase on it. What was that map???
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Sounds like Operation Clean Sweep or Zatar Wetlands.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah Yes...Operation Clean Sweep it was... Was that in a follow up map pack. I don't remember it in the original set of maps...Of course Zatar was one of the originals and I remember it well. The center flag in the middle was always key because of the Tank and Chopper spawns. Would have loved to see all of the BF2 maps make a comeback...Someone else mentioned Fu She Pass too...that was an epic map as well.

PS...great link...it was Dragon Valley, not Fu She...that I was so fond of. US Carrier Spawn. That long river valley with the refinery on the heights at the end. So many flags. Good times on that map.
                        sigpic
                        |TG-1st|Grunt
                        ARMA Admin (retired)
                        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Operation road rage was one of the best vehicle maps for bf2 I played.

I'm such a fickle sucker that If ea decided to release all the old maps btk vein I'd whip that up without thinking.

Comment

I loved the BF2 maps. That said I'm going to feel a little let down if all Dice does is reintroduce old BF2 maps. I would like to see some new stuff is all.

Though if they do end up releasing more BF 2 maps I'll be the first one to grab them!
                            Pain is weakness leaving the body

|TG-16| Alpha503rd

Comment

Originally posted by Camisado007 View Post
                              I loved the BF2 maps. That said I'm going to feel a little let down if all Dice does is reintroduce old BF2 maps. I would like to see some new stuff is all.

Though if they do end up releasing more BF 2 maps I'll be the first one to grab them!
                              If their new maps will resemble anything like the BF3 stock maps, I would rather just have them port BF2 maps instead.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X