This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawn on Squad Leader?

I have a honest question, why doesn't tactical gamer have spawn on only squad leader enabled? It doesn't seem very tactical gamer'ish to have it able to spawn on everyone. My reasoning is because it promotes teamwork, squads stick together. They are forced to fight and die together. It promotes more tactical situations, and actually protecting and following your squad leader. I've always played TG servers and this surprised me quite a lot that they had it enabled to spawn on anyone.

Half the time one member spawns one, and the other spawns on the other, accidently splitting the entire squad up.

I beg you tactical gamer, you fulfill the void of teamwork other servers have, please make this a better experience for all the TG members looking for the best team based, tactical based game, in BF3.

Re: Spawn on Squad Leader?

You can read about why SL-only spawning was enabled on TG, and subsequently disabled, in this thread. In short: it's bugged (although I'm not sure if it still is, now that a number of patches have been released).

Oh, and welcome to the TG forums! :)
    <insert signature spam here>

Comment

squad functionality has been much improved by the patches. Maybe this is an issue for the Admin team to revisit? Every post that DIDNT say it was bugged was very positive so we are the right place for SL only spawn I think.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

It's been a while since I've been in a squad wo/ a SL, but it wouldn't surprise me to see that the SL bug is tied to turning the spawn-on-SL-only feature on. Why not turn it on for a couple of days to see if it was fixed?

Comment

That would certainly change the dynamic of the game. Hopefully we can get the option working.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah perhaps it would slow things down slightly. Would be nice

Comment

and it should force squads to work together more and for the SL to do his/her job....hopefully
              Pain is weakness leaving the body

|TG-16| Alpha503rd

Comment

Well hopefully and admin will see this and let us know what they think :)
                sigpic

Comment

We see everything...........and it's being discussed!
                  |TG-6th|FYAH29
                  "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Lol, I always thought you omnipotent!
                    sigpic

Comment

TG Admins have been know to turn water into wine!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                        TG Admins have been know to turn water into wine!
                        and in some instances... Whiskey!

:icon_frow
                        |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xXxDOYLExXx View Post
                          I have a honest question, why doesn't tactical gamer have spawn on only squad leader enabled? It doesn't seem very tactical gamer'ish to have it able to spawn on everyone. My reasoning is because it promotes teamwork, squads stick together. They are forced to fight and die together. It promotes more tactical situations, and actually protecting and following your squad leader. I've always played TG servers and this surprised me quite a lot that they had it enabled to spawn on anyone.

Half the time one member spawns one, and the other spawns on the other, accidently splitting the entire squad up.

I beg you tactical gamer, you fulfill the void of teamwork other servers have, please make this a better experience for all the TG members looking for the best team based, tactical based game, in BF3.
                          This makes my head hurt. Squad cohesion is orders of magnitude better with being able to spawn on any squad member. It pigeonholes the SL into a spawn point. There is a hard limit of 8 squads per team, with no way to boot a crappy SL or to easily switch SL duties to a more competent SL. And having SL-only spawns removes the last remaining major incentive to squad up, i.e. getting 3 potential spawn points instead of one. Not to mention that any squad started by a SL who is in a jet, helo, or Tank is screwed if the SL is in a vehicle with someone else. They're stuck "tactically" spawning at the UCB or a back flag and traversing the map to reconnect with their squad mates instead of playing with their squad.

So, in short, SL only spawning introduces much more arbitrary hassle than the supposed and benefit of a single spawn point. Squad work is hard enough with only four people in a squad, and this change just makes teamwork more difficult.
                          Beatnik

Comment

While i like sl only spawn, it does not promote more teamwork. That guy in your squad that spawns on anyone and then goes off to do his own thing. . . .well he's still going to do that. He will just have a bit farther to run is all. If its fixed turn it back on. I personally liked it, ofcourse i play with my squad though :D

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
                            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

After playing with full squad spawn I kind of enjoy it. The squad leader is able to do more than hide in a corner. This does remove some of the importance of the SL roll but we can now be a little more active on the battlefield. I grew up with 2142 and as a SL I was essentially and ammo dispensing IDS machine covering the squads six. The game changes with a small squad and I think it is essential to have squad spawn.

The game also becomes a little more interesting be because killing the flanking SL doesn't mean you wiped out the squad and you have to do a careful sweep of the area to make sure you are clear.
                              Proud to be Irregular

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...