New weapons in Strike at Karkand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New weapons in Strike at Karkand

So, is the new weapons in Strike at Karkand any good? Is it worth doing the assignments for them? :)

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
    "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Sproge The Crazy Swede

Re: New weapons in Strike at Karkand

I believe it's worth it just to try them out. Everyone is different when it comes to weapons, I would think. I also wouldn't give up on them until you get a decent amount of time with them. I almost gave up on the G53 at first, but someone talked me into sticking with it for at least 50-100 kills, and now I am enjoying it after I figured out the kick and got some accessories. I still need to get a saddle for the L85.

Comment

Love my L85

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Oh yes, the Famas is quite good when you get past iron sights. Can't wait to get the L85. And the QBB-95 is my new favorite gun.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
          Oh yes, the Famas is quite good when you get past iron sights.
          QFT. Coupled with a Holo or RDS, the Famas is an awesome AR.

Comment

L85 is by far the single best gun in the entire game. Have coming on 200 kill on her now, she is beastly, just like in RL.

Comment

Originally posted by sproge View Post
              So, is the new weapons in Strike at Karkand any good? Is it worth doing the assignments for them? :)
              Famas is the AEK but more so, with faster RoF, decent hip accuracy, but it has slower recoil reduction so all-out magdumping is terrible. Slow reload too. Terrible, terrible irons, and since its not great at range, the ACOG isn't a good fit. Give it to at least 50 kills to slap an RDS on before any judgement is made.

L85 has slow RoF, middling first-shot accuracy, but its spread/recoil recovers faster than the ARs and its got decent on-the-move accuracy. This gun is awesome if you're getting the drop on people or at mid-long range, since bullets go pretty much exactly where you want them. Feels almost more like a CoD gun, recoil is basically negligible. Close range you're pretty much out of luck, you have to just hold fire and strafe. Worth sitting through the terrible, terrible sqdm mode, since this AR really doesn't have any others in its class. Not op, just...different.

edit: If you like the AK-74, the L85 is it but better in every way.

Chinese LMG: Gun is awesome. Comes with 100 exmag, goes to 67 if unequipped. Is the most AR-like of the LMGs, with a foregrip you can go toe to toe with some assaults and with a bipod, you have a laser of lead. Excellent, excellent gun. Fast reload too.

MG36: Basically the IAR. Comes with 100 exmag, 50 by default. Fast reload, average stats in almost every category. Haven't decided between the two new LMGs, but both are murderguns.

I haven't touched the other weapons yet.

tip for unlocking the engineer guns though: snipers. They're easy to kill with the torch, and the TUGS, MAV, and radio all count as vehicles for the "kill a vehicle" requirement.
              I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

I was hoping the L85 would be in this game.It was my favorate weapon in BF2.I'm having a hard time unlocking it.So far I've only seen 1 SQDM sever on battlelog.I tried playing on this server but got slaughtered every time because my team couldn't communicate.I wish TacticalGamer would run a SQDM on their 3rd server once a week for a little while it always seems to be empty any way.I hope it's worth having to play SQDM.Jeepo I could swear someone with your tag name ran over me in a jeep many times in BF1942,is that how you got your tag name.I had a different tag whey back then.
                sigpicBF3

Comment

Originally posted by red-dwarf-001 View Post
                  I was hoping the L85 would be in this game.It was my favorate weapon in BF2.I'm having a hard time unlocking it.So far I've only seen 1 SQDM sever on battlelog.I tried playing on this server but got slaughtered every time because my team couldn't communicate.I wish TacticalGamer would run a SQDM on their 3rd server once a week for a little while it always seems to be empty any way.I hope it's worth having to play SQDM.Jeepo I could swear someone with your tag name ran over me in a jeep many times in BF1942,is that how you got your tag name.I had a different tag whey back then.
                  One option is to find 2-3 other TG'rs that also need that accomplishment and get on the same SQDM server.

Comment

Thanks projectNA I'll give that a try.
                    sigpicBF3

Comment

Also, i found a tdm server that was a 2 kill win. It still took me an hour or so to grind out 5 wins

"Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                        Also, i found a tdm server that was a 2 kill win. It still took me an hour or so to grind out 5 wins

With the kill count so low, luck is going to play a major factor in who wins. The best way to do it honestly is to get a TG squad and join as a party. If you keep moving and reviving, and hopefully grab the APC as well you'll win pretty easy. When me and some other guys did it we won 5 of 6.

Comment

I love the L85, between that and the G3 i'm sorted on the assault front.

As for getting the 5 SQDMs, you must squad up with some TGers, go on a random pub server, everyone go medic and revive revive revive, you'll deny the enemy points whilst getting kills yourself. Try and find a server with something like 15~25 kills for a win.

Myself, Jeepo, Aimed and (i've forgotten who else :S) managed to get the 5 wins in about 8 games.
                          AnimalMother
                          Ex TG-31st LR
                          "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                          sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Yeah it was a long haul to get it, but worth it. I have most of the weapons now, but the only one I use is the L85.

Comment

The PP-19 is incredibly good. Several times I have gone through three kills with it in a single magazine given its large ammo capacity and decent power. With the laser sight, HOLO, and suppressor being the first three unlocks, this thing gets pretty nasty once you pass the first 30 kills.

There are so many good primary weapons in the Karkand pack, I'm actually torn on what to take. For the whole game, really, Assault in particular. Lately, along with the PP-19, I've been having a lot of fun with the MG-36, which seems incredibly accurate for a LMG and comes default with extended mag. I just unlocked the L85A2 which is beastly... whoever said it handles like a COD gun is absolutely right. Not the greatest first-shot accuracy but you can really group a lot of sustained fire in a small area. The G53 is nice, too, but I think there are better carbines in the default offerings. I don't play a lot of recon so I can't speak to those.
                              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X