Password night?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password night?

Any plans for a password night(s) any time soon? With the scrim coming up it might be a good opportunity to play tighter games with people that really want to use teamwork and all the tools that TS provides, like SL coordination and air asset coordination with ground pounders.

I'd love to see a PW night on server 1 on Monday or Thursday nights.
    Beatnik

Re: Password night?

How about we all just pile into server 2 and abuse it like it should be. . . Like daily!
    theeANGELofDEATH(Steam/Origin)
    E Pluribus Unum
    Sarcasm is just another free service I offer
    Si vis pacem, para bellum .. Molon Labe

Comment

I won't ever be playing on server 2 with SL only spawning. :(

Back when BF2 started, PW nights were the best nights for epic games. They were like low stakes scrims almost. I'd love to see them come back, even if only for
      a couple nights.
      Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
        I won't ever be playing on server 2 with SL only spawning. :(
        Why such a strong stance? I would suggest trying it before opposing it so vociferously. :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
          Any plans for a password night(s) any time soon?
          OOOOOH!H!!!!!!
          That's a *great* idea!!!
          I *LOVED* the BF2 password nights! Prime-time gaming!!!

Times like that, you could EXPECT:
          1. A commander who knew what he was doing
          2. SLs following CO orders
          3. No TKing
          4. We knew who the pilots were
          5. Dedicated transport chopper pilots ferrying squads to/fro as directed by CO
          6. Close air support directed by CO to squads in need

Golden.
          BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
            Why such a strong stance? I would suggest trying it before opposing it so vociferously. :)
            Tempus, why do you assume I haven't tried it? We had this setting on for the first few weeks that it was released. I voiced my opinion on it several times in the appropriate thread, more in relation to the squad leaderless bug, but between that and hardcore servers, I've played more than enough SL spawning (including say 3 years of BF2) to have an idea how it works.

My strong stance is frustration that EA/Dice finally fixed my biggest pet peeve in the battlefield series and now people here want to nerf that ability and also claim that it somehow encourages teamwork.

Off topic, and I'm not trying to throw sticks in spokes here, just give a voice to the position that more options means its more tactical. :) my experience with SL only spawn in four man squads was a lot of squad locating and rallying, instead of attacking or defending.
            Beatnik

Comment

Back to Karkand err... topic: I am all for password nights! Bring em on. Fond memories. One thing to note: putting a password on a server makes it unranked.
              former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

I would LOVE to be a part of this! I never actually have been in a password night match :p I feel left out seeing how ive been here for 2 years and how all of you rave about it XD
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I have played in a few PR password nights and they were quite a bit of fun.

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Bump. Any more thoughts on if/when we'll do a semi-regular PW night on a server here?
                    Beatnik

Comment

I know this is a cop out and sounds silly, but the admin team is super busy with the scrim and a new dictator.

We are still thinking about this! Soon, my lovelies.
                      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                        I know this is a cop out and sounds silly, but the admin team is super busy with the scrim and a new dictator.
                        What a fantastic way for the new overlord...ahem....Game Officer to build lasting bonds with the community by organizing a PW night!

Cus I KNOW who is busy with the scrim ; )

Comment

We're discussing some of the finer details, but Password night is coming to a server near you in the near future. Stay tuned.

Comment

I can't wait=)
                            sigpic

Comment

I know I don't play bf3 here much but I read over threads here, but I suggest that some community members can help setup some stuff.
                              For example, lets say I want to start a PW night. Well I would go get like 2 or 3 people help. You would create the details of it and present it to an admin, in return they could talk to the rest. The admins do many of other things and it takes even more time for them to create these scrims. So long story short, community members could step up and try to create events (making all the details) that people would play in the community and maybe present it to the admins.
                              |TG|badbest321

::

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...