Karkand 27/12/2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Karkand 27/12/2011

Close to midnight (EST) last night there was a hair raising ending to the Karkand battle.

I forgot to turn FRAPs on, which is unfortunate as I seldom have seen such a close ending. It went something like this:

10/7
    7/6
    6/5
    5/4
    4/3
    4/2
    3/2
    2/2
    1/2

and finished RU 0 / US 2.

All the more dramatic as the US team came back from a 100 point or so deficient.

My squad started out defending A, then attacking A. Moved our attack up to D (yes, E-Male's squad attacking -- who would have thought . . .). There we moved between E and D for the most part, with some attention paid to Foxtrot briefly.

The details are sparse but the battle was a good one with Master_Editor, Evilhardt, and 0621INFINTRY filling in my Alpha and Bravo fireteams.

Various encounters with ProjectNA reminded me of the necessity of timely strategic withdrawals (on my part!) when overwhelmed.

I am not sure what exactly turned the tide of the battle, but I felt that our defense of the E/D zone and aggressive response whenever D fell helped.

As the last moments unfolded and the final ten or so tickets counted down I pulled my squad away from enemy contact to reduce unnecessary losses -- a risky strategy as it also leads to reduced kills.

The move paid off as we held in defensive posture, killed one or two more enemies that were lonewolfing it deep into our territory and then saw the world turn white.

I think the worst thing you can do in such a scenario is act on your own in a wreckless manner.

Some fools cost Russia the battle.
    sigpic

Re: Karkand 27/12/2011

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...3/1/285594016/

That was probably the closest match that I have played yet in BF3, and it was a lot of fun watching the lead switch quite often. The flag count was often only 4-3 in favor of one of the teams, and at times it was dead even. At the very end of the round, we (RU) had 4 flags to the US 3 and were up in tickets 6-2. I watched a grenade wipe a squad near me, and I was simply praying that no one would spawn so we would win through bleed but alas the timing was a bit off. Great job to both sides.

Former TG-21st
    Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...