Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @sl on,

Hey guys/gals,

As I spend more and more time on TacticalGamer, it really baffles me that we can have everyone in TeamSpeak in TeamSync, but only a handful of gamers are running SquadTalk. As a result, I've seen too many instances of too many squads hogging one control point when verbal communication via SquadTalk could've easily allowed for more efficient squad distribution/movement.

For those of you who don't know, typing in "@sl on" in the ALL_CHAT while in game established in TeamSync/TeamSpeak that YOU are the Squad Leader. It also grants you the power of cross communicating to another squad via SquadTalk in TeamSpeak so that you can coordinate multiple squad play. I've only seen a few players utilize this tool, namely E-Male.

Please guys and gals, if you're going to be squad leader and you're in TeamSpeak, type in @sl on in the ALL CHAT. Otherwise it's just a frantic frenzy of different squads doing their own thing without an over-arching command dynamic in place.

Re: @sl on,

It now sets squad leader automatically, except on the few occasions that it's not working right. But even if you're not SL, you can still use the full teamchat teamsync command.

Comment

I've got Teamspeak on my second monitor and I almost never seen [Squad Leader] show up next to a player's name anymore, but the minute I type in "@sl on" in ALL CHAT it shows up. I think it still needs to be entered in, at least for Server #1.

Also, it would help if the admins could sticky a thread somewhere noting the API version required for SquadTalk to work. For the longest time ever I was running on version 13 and wondering why SquadTalk wasn't working anymore. Turns out there was an update back in November to move the API version up to 14. Now it works, but the lack of communication made things run inefficiently.

Comment

We definitely need more SL-to-SL coordination in games.
        Beatnik

Comment

Yeah, the lack of SL to SL coordination today on the 64 player server is why MY team kept winning over and over. Looked over to Teamspeak on my second monitor and saw that no one on the enemy team was on @sl.

Comment

You're right. I think server 1 doesn't have it turned on or working right. I think the others work automagically.

Comment

I cant get mine to work for the life of me. If anyone wants to give me a hand some time, I would love to get this working.

Comment

Actually, now that I think of it, you're right, Server 1's Squad Leader capability didn't seem to work at all two days ago when I was on. Had a friend join a different squad and type in @sl on and we couldn't hear each other even though we each have our SquadTalk set up correctly. Works in Server 2, just not 1.

Comment

Oh, then OldGunney not going senile after all!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X