Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 crashed requiring complete reboot tonight ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 crashed requiring complete reboot tonight ...

I guess these hard re-boot crashed tonight motivated me to get working on the motorcycle. Pretty darn frustrating after expecting this to be better than BF2.......whats next?

Re: 4 crashed requiring complete reboot tonight ...

trouble shooting to see what's wrong with your computer?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
      trouble shooting to see what's wrong with your computer?
      This.

If you need help pinpointing the issue then let me know. But don't get discouraged, fix it. First step is to post up your hardware, OS, etc... then we'll go from there.
      A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Keep the rubber down and the shiney stuff up and you should not crash that motorcycle!

Comment

Was told by others that they have this issue (Origin) so I did not think to see if its my rig. That being said i would appreciate any help you can give me. Here are some details to start with:

Gateway rig stock config HW/SW Model FX6801
          Vista 64 Home Premium SP2
          ATI HD4870 X2 2048 MB
          Intel I7 975
          12GB DDR3

I just had a nasty virus and I believe i successfully removed it but who knows. It was a a 2012 windows security look alike and was so bad I could not run even in safe mode. Any way its possible there is still something lurking but not sure.
          Have run updated Malware with 0 infections
          Have run updated Spybot no inections

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Blood View Post
            its possible there is still something lurking but not sure.
            FWIW I never trust a computer after an infection. I clean it enough to pull files and bookmarks and stuff off of it, but then I reinstall from scratch.

These fake AV programs are getting too advanced to expect them to be cleaned off successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
              FWIW I never trust a computer after an infection. I clean it enough to pull files and bookmarks and stuff off of it, but then I reinstall from scratch.

These fake AV programs are getting too advanced to expect them to be cleaned off successfully.
              agreed ^ every time i've ever gotten a nasty virus I re-install from scratch. Just get all your really important files and back them up. This might fix your origin problem as well, who knows :)
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Blood View Post
                I just had a nasty virus and I believe i successfully removed it but who knows. It was a a 2012 windows security look alike and was so bad I could not run even in safe mode. Any way its possible there is still something lurking but not sure.
                You may still have in on your computer looking like security software. I had that MalWare " Win 7 AntiSpyware 2012 version" and I could nto get it off nor could microsoft security see it! Check to see if you can run "msconfig" and look at your processes. If you can not, then you still affected. Check your Control panel/ System and Security/Action Center, if it looks different than before, ur hacked. I had to reformat my hard completly and re-install software system.

Comment

I don't want to start a separate thread for this, but does anyone else experience getting dropped during loading into our servers? By this I mean I get to the front of the queue and get to about the "Joining friend" or "Loading Level" message on the browser application, and it suddenly stops and I'm stuck going to the back of the queue.

It happens occasionally to me especially last night with three times in a row, after which I called it a night. I tried this afternoon and got in to our server 2 with no problems.

Any ideas before I do some troubleshooting? Thanks!

"Oratio Ultima Regem -- The Last Argument of Kings"

Comment

Originally posted by EvilTodd View Post
                    I don't want to start a separate thread for this, but does anyone else experience getting dropped during loading into our servers? By this I mean I get to the front of the queue and get to about the "Joining friend" or "Loading Level" message on the browser application, and it suddenly stops and I'm stuck going to the back of the queue.

It happens occasionally to me especially last night with three times in a row, after which I called it a night. I tried this afternoon and got in to our server 2 with no problems.

Any ideas before I do some troubleshooting? Thanks!
                    When this happens or when the game gives you a disconnect it is typically due to bad port forwarding. You can search what ports BF3 uses and then keep them open for BF3

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
                    A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

That was a hijack but that's fine ....

So all the inputs i am getting here is that its my old and apparently deleted virus that may or may not be deleted. This maybe or may not be the issue. What I am wondering is who else is or has experienced crashes during the game and how often. And if so did it ever or always cause your machine to lock up and require a restart. If so I am not alone and it may not be only my machine. Hence I am looking for input on your experience with crashes.....

Comment

I used to get crashes before the last patch, but no more. Of course sometimes it was due to getting kicked from a server that had an admin kick me for a paying member of that server. You dont get a kind message, just suddenly your at desktop.

Did have problems joining server 1 yesterday, but i think it was due to me checking my internet speed with DSLReports. After I rebooted and reset my rounter I got in just fine.

Comment

This last patch helps a lot of my crashes as well. Before the patch, I was crashing about 1-2 per ten matches, with maybe half needing a restart.

"Oratio Ultima Regem -- The Last Argument of Kings"

Comment

I had that same virus Blood, it's associated with a rootkit so you're not gonna see the end of it until you reformat. I suggest you reformat as soon as possible because when it came back for round 2 it brought a trojan that stole my CC info and put my comp on a botnet.

Comment

I set my computer in the "DMZ" on my router and from alpha till now have never had a kick or crashed. I think a kick in this game because of it's browser use tends to look like a crash when it really isn't
                              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X