X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Karkand 01/01/2012

The end is nigh.

No wait, that is another topic.

Had a great night on Server #1 from 8-11:30 pm EST. Teams were clearly balanced, as one side won, then lost, then won, then lost, and so on. One round came down to a mere 50 point spread -- a loss for our team but a well fought battle all round that included a two squad 1stMIP platoon using whisper.

I am rendering a video that captures the last 12 minutes on Karkand 11-11:30 EST approx. We were losing by a hundred or so points but came back to win the round 88/0 or so. I believe my squad made a contribution by defending A/B throughout. I have been working on a strategy for capturing Alpha and holding A/B. The video misses the first stage (clear the left flank of Alpha) but captures the essence of the second stage -- overwatch E/F/G from the RIGHT flank of Alpha (see the video).

Was working with three non-TG players new to me who followed my orders with precision.

Was reminded how defense is a lot of sitting and waiting, repositioning and pulling back, patient overwatching. Not the stuff of the "get faster" crowd -- more like the Zen of War.

Last edited by E-Male; 01-02-2012, 07:57 AM.
    sigpic

Re: Karkand 01/01/2012

Please post the battlelog reports!

Comment

cool AAR

Comment

nice work e-male :)
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Here is the ARR report from Battlelog.

I greatly enjoy the various comments my YouTube videos get, such as the Karkand video (below). Here are some of the less enlightened (but highly entertaining) ones . . .

"oh my god, ur such a ****y, u could have flanked those flags and captured one or even two of em, u dont do **** actually."
          "This must be soo boring. Playing tactical is one thing, but this is putting it to the supreme. And you talk like a robot man."
          And this from the Battlelog forums . . .
          er wow your teamwork is really well planned out and good comunication but I cant help but feel your awefull at the game.

I dont even think I would need my clan mates with me to mop the floor with you despite your comunication, you certainly wouldnt stand a chance in even numbers based on this video or the couple of other vids on your youtube.

stats dont mean much normally but yours are really really bad. anyway you seem like your nice so i dont want to be harsh and as long as your having fun thats all that matters.

would love to meet you on the battlefield this game is too often lacking in tactics

Looks boring

Last edited by E-Male; 01-02-2012, 04:00 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Its good that the last guy didn't want to be too harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
              Its good that the last guy didn't want to be too harsh.
              Yea. I' sure he'll make a great parent one day . . .
              sigpic

Comment

Who are these punks???? How do they get off dissing the Professor?? Gah! That just chaps my hide! That's my job!!!!!

Comment

And you talk like a robot man.
                  Cue the hypnotic SL video . . .

(which is awesome, by the way)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse