Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Be...Aggressive

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [VIDEO] Be...Aggressive



    Rules to play by boys and girls.

    Play the objective.
    Play to win.
    Play fair, play fast, and play hard.
    Do your job, fight with your team.

    Lastly...

    Be aggressive.

    :)


    TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

    Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

  • #2
    Re: Be...Aggressive

    Glitch Mob, knew it the second the video started! Animous Vox, one of their best. Most of their music is wicked good for video games cause it starts off kinda slow then it takes off and its got lots of drums and bass and all that good stuff!

    On topic: I live by aggression, its the fuel that drives my video game experience. Also what drives my hate for snipers (this guy is def not your typical sniper though) and their long range shots on unsuspecting victims. Lamest thing ever (right up there with those guys who use SMAWS as primaries..you know who you are), IMO anyways. Its a good thing I can exercise some restraint with the mic button because when i get sniped/rocket sniped its def NSFW on my end. I got more respect for a guy who can run up to me and go toe to toe and beat me than a guy who shot me from across the map.

    Aggression rules the battlefield...aggressive defense especially. There's been quite a few games where Ive used an offensive defensive strategy. Ill bait the baddies in by being right next to the flag, the second I make contact its fire and maneuver. Flank flank flank, use their momentum against them. Its like when you ride a bike, then jump off without realizing you are going faster then your legs can carry you so you trip and land flat on your face. It works almost every time, in nearly any FPS ive played.

    Only issue is that there is a fine line between aggression and tard rushing. If a squad together is playing aggressively, the enemies on the losing end of that squad could cry that they are just being bum rushing smack tards. Not that it really makes any difference because they arent lonewolfing, its just a personal opinion on how it should be played. My rule of thumb so to speak is this. "If it doesn't break the rules, it helps the team either offensively or defensively, and you still represent TG in a positive way, then forget about the haters. They just mad cause they losin"
    sigpic


    Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

    Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Be...Aggressive

      I love these videos from Sgt Enigma, that's why I started copying his recon style instead of going just assault or engie. It was hard at first but when I got a hang of it it was absolutely great, much more fun than playing the objective (for me at least). This video makes me kinda sad though, in BF3 I always have to aim for the head because if I don't I might as well just run away and hide. Feel like it's even promoting sniping instead of aggressive recon because if you're not really really good you're gonna lose 9/10
      ˝Memento audere semper˝


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Be...Aggressive

        Originally posted by gijoe View Post
        Glitch Mob, knew it the second the video started! Animous Vox, one of their best. Most of their music is wicked good for video games cause it starts off kinda slow then it takes off and its got lots of drums and bass and all that good stuff!

        On topic: I live by aggression, its the fuel that drives my video game experience. Also what drives my hate for snipers (this guy is def not your typical sniper though) and their long range shots on unsuspecting victims. Lamest thing ever (right up there with those guys who use SMAWS as primaries..you know who you are), IMO anyways. Its a good thing I can exercise some restraint with the mic button because when i get sniped/rocket sniped its def NSFW on my end. I got more respect for a guy who can run up to me and go toe to toe and beat me than a guy who shot me from across the map.

        Aggression rules the battlefield...aggressive defense especially. There's been quite a few games where Ive used an offensive defensive strategy. Ill bait the baddies in by being right next to the flag, the second I make contact its fire and maneuver. Flank flank flank, use their momentum against them. Its like when you ride a bike, then jump off without realizing you are going faster then your legs can carry you so you trip and land flat on your face. It works almost every time, in nearly any FPS ive played.

        Only issue is that there is a fine line between aggression and tard rushing. If a squad together is playing aggressively, the enemies on the losing end of that squad could cry that they are just being bum rushing smack tards. Not that it really makes any difference because they arent lonewolfing, its just a personal opinion on how it should be played. My rule of thumb so to speak is this. "If it doesn't break the rules, it helps the team either offensively or defensively, and you still represent TG in a positive way, then forget about the haters. They just mad cause they losin"
        you have learned well young padawan......you are ready for the trials :)


        this guy plays aggressive.....but would last .00000001 seconds in our server. Hops more than a damn rabbit.
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Be...Aggressive

          Seriously? wow. I can't believe this is even on these forums... even more surprised it's hailed as something to aspire to :(

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
            Seriously? wow. I can't believe this is even on these forums... even more surprised it's hailed as something to aspire to :(
            Clearly missing why i gave him a smiley. His aggressive defense tactic is top notch. When you find yohrself a vi tim of it and your left scratching your head going "what just happened " you will understand.
            As for the video.....i wish all snipers were on the front lines being aggressive and capping flags instead of off in the distance away from any objective playing pew pew.
            No matter how hard you stare at a flag through your 12x scope you will never make it move.
            I did however comment on how much je hopped and how it wouldn't fly


            Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Be...Aggressive

              This is a BC2 video. A lot of the stuff he pulls off in that video would not work in BF3 and frankly, as Whiskey said, why would anyone want to aspire to play like that?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Be...Aggressive

                Oh my god, I watched about 45 seconds of that garbage and the bile rose so high I nearly puked in my mouth.

                How are people still not getting this. That video is the antithesis of what TG is all about. Yet another LAME quick scoping wookie bunny hopping all over the map using his One Shot Kill gun in a manner that is neither remotely realistic nor anything to do with a tactical approach. He is simply sprinting about and jumping when he fires. Utterly pathetic. The spread of that style of play is what has led so many to seek out TG as a haven.

                Utter, utter garbage. Nothing to aspire to in any way. Frankly tragic that anyone finds anything to admire in that video.

                People who dislike this sort of thing don't do so because 'they losing', they dislike it because that sort of gameplay is exploitative, selfish, un-tactical and un-realistic.

                The assault sniper is a hybrid junk class purely selected because of the ridiculous one shot kill properties of the weapons available when contrasted with the damage model of the majority of other weapons in these games.

                If people like this sort of thing, Why Are You Here?

                Oh and calling this player a sniper is an insult to anyone who has hit a target from more than 100 yards away. How is this any different to rocket sniping if people find that abhorrent. It's identical to me with the quick scoping exploit, you are using a weapon in a non-realistic manner (see PRIMER)

                Just utter trash. When will people stop posting this garbage.


                Comment


                • #9
                  Paleeeease. Incase anyone who plays bf3 has missed all the bolt action and semi auto snipers spamming the rifle like its an auto fire running around our servers with red dot, grip, and laser sight equiped.
                  If you say your against it and peopld come to our servers as a haven from it?????? Our 80% health setting is what they are coming for. They use that setup on OUR server because it DOES make the sniper an assault 1 hit kill class. As does a hc setting.
                  You can reference the primer all day long......but at the end of the day our server not only invites the cq red dot sniper.......it allows it.

                  I know this because i want to punch my monitor it happens so frequently.

                  Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Ven; 01-02-2012, 10:32 AM.
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Be...Aggressive

                    Well the thought of TG regulars playing like this (if that is also what you are saying) may not be as much as a draw to the server as you think, at least not for some of us.

                    Blame the game all you like people have a choice as to how they play, simple as that. Whilst I regularly see phrases like "stop trying to make the Game something it's not" I would like to point out that some of us would like to see people "stop trying to make TG something it's not", ie the same as all the other junk servers out there. We are different, that is our goal.


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Be...Aggressive

                      Originally posted by Phoenix. View Post
                      I love these videos from Sgt Enigma, that's why I started copying his recon style instead of going just assault or engie. It was hard at first but when I got a hang of it it was absolutely great, much more fun than playing the objective (for me at least). This video makes me kinda sad though, in BF3 I always have to aim for the head because if I don't I might as well just run away and hide. Feel like it's even promoting sniping instead of aggressive recon because if you're not really really good you're gonna lose 9/10
                      HuH????????

                      I deserve a ribbon for Mortar Specialist

                      Artillery conquers and infantry occupies.
                      J.F.C. Fuller

                      Proud to have been a member of the 5th, 71st and my beloved 19th

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Be...Aggressive

                        Originally posted by HiTest View Post
                        HuH????????
                        yeah....what Test said?
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Be...Aggressive

                          Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                          Well the thought of TG regulars playing like this (if that is also what you are saying) may not be as much as a draw to the server as you think, at least not for some of us.

                          Blame the game all you like people have a choice as to how they play, simple as that. Whilst I regularly see phrases like "stop trying to make the Game something it's not" I would like to point out that some of us would like to see people "stop trying to make TG something it's not", ie the same as all the other junk servers out there. We are different, that is our goal.
                          hold up their big fella, no one said anything about making our server like this. I wish I could call out every sniper using the setup I mentioned above for using a intended long range weapon as a smg.....but I can't. I would love nothing more than to see it go away. I hate rounding a corner in a city environment and getting nailed in corridors by these guys when in fact I "should" have the superior weapon in that instance...an AR.
                          snipers have there place in BF3, once a flag is capped they should be defending from 100m or so away.....not on the other side of the map in a tower that there is no objective by. If I run at a flag and get nailed 1-200m away by a sniper who is on that objective tucked back in the rocks.....then well played on his part. If I get to the flag and captain CQ runs around a corner and 1 shots me from 30' away with his CQ setup sniperz rifle......then I want to punch a kitten.
                          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Be...Aggressive

                            Lol, all good, very reassuring that we share a similar viewpoint...but don't hurt the kitty.


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Be...Aggressive

                              Originally posted by Ven View Post
                              hold up their big fella, no one said anything about making our server like this. I wish I could call out every sniper using the setup I mentioned above for using a intended long range weapon as a smg.....but I can't. I would love nothing more than to see it go away. I hate rounding a corner in a city environment and getting nailed in corridors by these guys when in fact I "should" have the superior weapon in that instance...an AR.
                              snipers have there place in BF3, once a flag is capped they should be defending from 100m or so away.....not on the other side of the map in a tower that there is no objective by. If I run at a flag and get nailed 1-200m away by a sniper who is on that objective tucked back in the rocks.....then well played on his part. If I get to the flag and captain CQ runs around a corner and 1 shots me from 30' away with his CQ setup sniperz rifle......then I want to punch a kitten.
                              Good thing I usually grab a cup 'o tea when I set up my bipod when I play as a sniper instead of running around fearing to get hit by your AR. :P
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X