Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do folks over here pay attention to the EAUK Forums?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do folks over here pay attention to the EAUK Forums?

If so - what are TG's thoughts on the following threads?
    http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-nail-bf3.html
    130 comments, poll running at +90% that DICE did NOT nail it with BF3. This thread has since been locked by the EAUK Mods.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...we-nailed.html
    This thread was outright deleted by them.

I figure that this post sums up the frustration created by DICE with BF3 quite succinctly.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...l#post20555128

The logic of Patty Bach:

Battlefield 3 producer claims team play not essential in multipla | News article

+

Battlefield Dev Calls Sandbox Games 'Boring' - IndustryGamers

=

"Nailed it."

*SIGH*

6 years ago, Lars Gustavsson: What are the real fundamental differences within Battlefield 2 over previous Battlefield games?

Teamplay. If we disregard all the new effects, high-poly graphics, improved animation system, etc. I would say that teamplay is what sticks out the most. We all felt that you get so much more out of the game if you team up with one or more other players so the choice of where to focus came naturally.

Who else misses the old DICE?

Re: Do folks over here pay attention to the EAUK Forums?

Although I am not a BF vet, I would say team play trumps all. Ignore it at your peril: Read loss of $$$

Comment

The horse left the barn a long time ago with BF3. The game we are playing now is what we have and will probably not change dramatically no matter how much angst anyone wants to throw at it. It is in our hands as game players now and it is up to us to make the most of it. This game can be played across a spectrum of 100% lone wolf to 100% teamwork. The fun is what we make of it. Playing a BF3 style that promotes teamwork and supports the spirit of the TG Primer = fun for me. I have turned my attention away from what is missing to how can I make the most of the experience, and with that, I find it much more enjoyable. Just my opinion as one random person.

Comment

I have to agree with jb4 on this. I have found in my short time here at Tactical Gamer, that this community can take a broken game and make it fun and playable. Since I found Tactical Gamer I haven' t been able to stop playing BF3. I think I'll go play some now, see ya on the battlefield.
        sigpicBF3

Comment

Jb4 and Red Dwarf, I agree with you in that community supported (enforced) teamplay makes it work and can make it enjoyable. It's what we do over at teamplayergaming.com as well.

I also agree that what we have is very likely to be the only thing until some other dev group decides to built a PC/Teamplay centric FPS.

Just curious to know what our "sister-site" (at least in terms of gaming philosophy) thought about all the hurpderp at EA/DICE.

As a leader of a battlefield clan and a mod at TPG, the state of BF Series is truly bothersome and cuts out a lot of the random or public players from participating in the same level of cohesive BF tactics that we've come to expect from BF2/2142

Comment

We have had many 'random or public players' join our community as a result of BF3, primarily because of what we do with the title here, warts and all. Keep up the good work.

If all I get out of BF3 is some new maps and some new friends, then I win.

Comment

"Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Not to pile on but I felt Pat's comments were a real slap in the face. He has a knack for saying the most offensive stuff. "BF3" is not a true follow up to BF2 period.

The only way I can agree with Pat is they did indeed create the exact game and gameplay they set out to create. Be that good or bad, they hit their target audience and got the sales they wanted. So in that sense, they sure did Nail it.

I agree totally with the comments that the game is what you make it. And for a lot of games, the best part is the friends we have to play with. And I too am gratefull for the new faces around here that share our same values and goals. Even if "BF3" is not my favorite game, I enjoy it a lot more playing with my TG brothers & sisters.
                Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

We've seen this from management at companies all the time. They speak without thinking because they believe something completely different. It's all smoke and mirrors to make their product and their company look better than it is. They will never admit to making a mistake. You might as well take anything that Patty Bach says and throw it out the window. The same with most of what zhinto says as well. They are both smoke and mirrors and double speak and walking contradictions.

It's sad really. Get the ear of the real developers and the real designers and you might get a result but talking to management is a lost cause.
                  "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
                  "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Lien View Post
                    Are you sure that's a horse?

"Oratio Ultima Regem -- The Last Argument of Kings"

Comment

I like to imagine it's DICE
                      "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy0097 View Post
                        I like to imagine it's DICE
                        LOL well played.

Sent via highly charged bolt of electricity.

Comment

For all the threads and comments that compare BF2 to BF3, as far as the game play goes, I see very little superiority to be found in BF2.

I still get very high level squad play (tactics/comms ect) with BF3. Granted, the CO is missing and missed, But I am glad to see (hear) no more CO spam and see the end to CO radar spotting -- a poor feature vis a vis promoting tactics.

I find there to be very little credibility to claims that BF2 was an overall superior tactical environment for good squad play. Lack of VOIP diminishes teamwide coordination, but not much else is lost.
                          sigpic

Comment

VOIP of course as was said. The other missing elements are, Squad Customization, 6 man squads, SL waypoint/attack markers, Larger map that can be looked at (All of which lend to tactical movement) and Claymores and maybe C4 (That's debatable) should go back to Recon class in the same slot so you can only choose one or the other. Leaving Mortars with Support class. This gives all classes an explosive to use verses vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by kilroy0097 View Post
                              VOIP of course as was said. The other missing elements are, Squad Customization, 6 man squads, SL waypoint/attack markers, Larger map that can be looked at (All of which lend to tactical movement) and Claymores and maybe C4 (That's debatable) should go back to Recon class in the same slot so you can only choose one or the other. Leaving Mortars with Support class. This gives all classes an explosive to use verses vehicles.
                              This I certainly understand and appreciate. Yet when it comes to the one thing that I care about -- quality squad play -- BF3 evinces no setback from BF2. I am experiencing (and documenting) the same level of squad play and tactics I found in BF2. As to the smaller squad size, I find the two-squad platoon works great. Now I have a squad of 8!
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X