Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uses for tablets/smart phones when playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uses for tablets/smart phones when playing?

I am just curious if anybody has found a use for tablets (I have an iPad) or smart phones (I have a windows phone) when play the game?

I guess a simple one one be having a map up on a tablet but a phone sized map wouldn't be of much use I would guess.

Any others?

Edit:

Let me expand the question just a bit and ask:

Does anybody have any ideas for a tablet/phone app? I am going to start writing WP7.5 apps soon for work and need some experience. A good idea would be something I could use to motivate my programming (although I in no way promise that I would actually ever finish said app.)
    Last edited by El_Gringo_Grande; 01-11-2012, 01:56 PM.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Uses for tablets/smart phones when playing?

Well I know that there's several iOS and Android apps that give you full layouts of the maps. I don't know how useful that really could be to anyone, though. Maaaybe on a tablet. There's also Teamspeak for Android. Which is cool and I use it from time to time, but why use it on your phone when your PC is easier. That said, for console players, using a Bluetooth headset, this could really come in handy. I'd like to hear other ideas.

Comment

I've got an Android phone and I have a stat tracking program and vehicle timer on it. The vehicle timer is handy, but unfortunately it seems to only support one hard-coded game mode for each map, and it doesn't include the BtK maps.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

If there were some way to have the tablet act as a second monitor displaying a large map (including players' and vehicles' positions), that would be hella sweet. The minimap in BF3 is terrible but having it open all the time blocks your view, and being able to swoosh around the map with your fingers would never get old.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
          I've got an Android phone and I have a stat tracking program and vehicle timer on it. The vehicle timer is handy, but unfortunately it seems to only support one hard-coded game mode for each map, and it doesn't include the BtK maps.
          What do you mean by vehicle timer?

Comment

On occasion I use my iphone with the TS3 app to sit in my own IHS channel so i can still talk to those guys while being in the BF3 TS. Beyond that I just browse the forums on Tapatalk between maps or while waiting for a spot in the server rather then alt tabbing.
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
              What do you mean by vehicle timer?
              This thing

When you destroy a vehicle you press it's icon, and it will ding at you when that vehicle respawns. It's ok, but it need specific gamemodes per map, and the BtK maps.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X