Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enjoying TG? Want to be part of an IHS? Consider the Irregulars!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoying TG? Want to be part of an IHS? Consider the Irregulars!

Battlefield 3 has been, to an extent, quite popular at Tactical Gamer. TeamSync has added to that success and really made TG the server to play at. With that, Damonte has seen an awful lot of new names and faces in game and on the forums. That's awesome! They (maybe you?) come with lots of questions about TG... and among them are "what are In House Squads?" and "how do I get to become part of one?"

To all our new members who are interested in the In House Squads, Damonte would like to make a suggestion. Consider the Irregulars. Who are the Irregulars? The Irregulars are a very special IHS here at TG, and if you don't know about them... keep reading and you will.

The Irregulars are an IHS which allows any TG member (whether they are a supporting member or not) to join and form the bonds of camaraderie with fellow TG members. Irregulars get to wear the Infamous "TG-IRR" IHS tag. The Irregulars play many games at TG including Battlefield 3, Project Reality, Arma 2 and others.

And Irregulars fill a crucial role here at TG. There are many, many TG members who joined and became part of the Irregulars at some point. Many of them are now considered pillars of this gaming communities. The Irregulars are also the first place many of the other IHS's look to recruit from. To become part of the Irregulars is to demonstrate your understanding and acceptance of what TG is about, and to become more involved in this community.

Wait, did Damonte just say that you don't have to be a Supporting Member to be part of the Irregulars? Yes, he did.

Other interesting facts about the Irregulars. There are some In House Squads that upwards of fifty percent of the members at one time came through the Irregular ranks. One IHS, in particular, formed completely out of the Irregulars.

The Irregulars forum is located right here, and there are platoons within the IHS for many games. The origins of the Irregulars are in Battlefield 2, but they have grown beyond that over time. Do you want to get more involved with TG beyond just wearing the TG tag? Do you want to build friendships and get noticed by actively recruiting IHS's?

Did you want to speak pirate and wear cool eye-patches?

Check out The Irregulars.

This is Damonte from the 6th Devils Brigade, formerly of the 3rd Special Forces Detachment, and he used to be an Irregular.
    Last edited by Damonte; 01-13-2012, 08:17 AM.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Re: Enjoying TG? Want to be part of an IHS? Consider the Irregulars!

The Ir's seem to have a deep history with TG.
    Right now I'm looking into the 16th, but I do see a lot of Ir's.

Best of luck and Enjoy your night.

Comment

The Irreg's are good people. I definitely recommend everyone giving them a close look. I was an active member of the 2142 platoon and it made the game even more fun.

Comment

Yup, former Irreg here too. Those scurvy dogs are a great place to start at TG and get into the whole IHS system, meet new people, and kill some landlubbers.

Comment

Highly recommend.
          He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed.

Comment

The Irregs are the best way to get more involved in TG. I strongly recommend anyone who's new to TG, but wants to get more involved, look there.
            Skud

Comment

Agreed! Whole heartedly agreed! I know I was turned toward the irregs when I started here at TG...come to think of it most of the 56th are former irregs. :row__577:

Comment

Yup, come on down and see what we have to offer. Bringing rum and cookies with won't hurt your chances of coming out unscathed.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                  Yup, come on down and see what we have to offer. Bringing rum and cookies with won't hurt your chances of coming out unscathed.
                  I second the rum! Since Siege has his stash boobie trapped... Last time I tried for some of his good stuff, it took me a month to walk right again :/

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

Dang blasted Pirates! Always stealing the loot and booty...:row__787:.

J/K :icon12: - I be another former Irreg too! The list is long and distingushed. Many Admins and Game Officers started in the Irregs.

Additionally, some IHS's, like the 19th, only recruit veteran TG players, so a tour of duty with the Irregs can be a great home or stepping stone.

Just be sure you bring your own mop to swab the decks. Belander makes a mess late at night...

:icon_frow
                    |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                    sigpic

Comment

I would like to note as well. The Irregs have fostered many a great TG members and admins. My suggestion to those that are new is this. Make sure you know what your getting into. Like with the TG tags, the IHS system leaves no room for error on the servers. Trust me, I know what Im talking on the no room for error.

Just because we do not require a supporting membership to be apart of this ship doesnt mean that we do not have standards as well. If you decide to come sailing with us, please not as others have said, you will be under a microscope from every Pirate current and former. The pride that comes with wearing our tags is great. While each platoon has there own set of acceptance specifications, please be aware just because you join one platoon doesnt mean you cant play other tittles :)

Please if anyone has any questions, dont hesitate to shoot me or any of my platoons ensigns a PM.....Well show you the way :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

and you'll also have to mop the deck for the rest of your scurvy life! ARG ARg ARG ARGG!!!
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

It would seem everyone, including some Irregular staff, have already beat me to this.

Just to restate the obvious, but we are recruiting and we are willing to take people under our wing, but this does not excuse bad behavior. We expect that all of you to try to better yourselves during your time you spend with us.

Now, for everyone who is curious, Belander and I are the Irregulars in charge of the BF3 Platoon within the Irregulars and Jack is the Irregular in charge of the ArmA2 Platoon.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I had many a great night with my fellow Irr's for the last year that 2142 was supported here and still have a blast now.

-BC
                            Proud to be Irregular

sigpic

Comment

Thanks to Damonte for posting such a nice recommendation for us! Thanks to all the other IHS members for their kind words!

The Irregulars aims to provide a kind of safe harbor for IHS style gaming here at TG for those who want to join a more committed group of gamers, but who are not ready or do not want to step up to the level of expectations demanded by the full IHS. We are always looking for quality members who are willing to contribute to the community and to the sense of friendship within the Irregular ranks. We're just a fun loving group who want to find others like us to make our gaming experience here at TG even better.

Membership comes with an eye-patch and your own deck-swabbing mop!

Please look for BeSiege and Belander on the server, as we are recruiting and they will be the ones evaluating recruits for admission into our ranks. Feel free to post in our Irregs forums and drop into our TS channel during your recruitment process. The faster we get to know you, the faster your evaluation process goes.

Looking forward to seeing you in game. I play under my brother's account (MasterEditor) - if you're wondering why he sounds like a 13 year old or why his K/D ratio is 1:4, it's probably actually me!

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
                              TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
                              ||

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...