A serious Beef...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A serious Beef...

The Map was Siene Crossing, the 4 flag comquest. Russian side could not once defend a flag. I even setup a squad to defend D and B, and all they could to is run off and try to cap A and C, even though I specifically told them that the squad was going to be defending B and D. I got so fed up with the squad, I left and created another squad in hopes I could get help defending, but no one ever joined. We had a 2-1 ticket lead and still lost because of frikkin Whak-a-Mole flag grabbing, which frikking failed horribly. The enemy kept taking B and D with 2 people, that was it. Once and awhile a third name would show up. Seriously, WTF?
    sigpic

Re: A serious Beef...

Originally posted by Xen View Post
    The Map was Siene Crossing, the 4 flag comquest. Russian side could not once defend a flag. I even setup a squad to defend D and B, and all they could to is run off and try to cap A and C, even though I specifically told them that the squad was going to be defending B and D. I got so fed up with the squad, I left and created another squad in hopes I could get help defending, but no one ever joined. We had a 2-1 ticket lead and still lost because of frikkin Whak-a-Mole flag grabbing, which frikking failed horribly. The enemy kept taking B and D with 2 people, that was it. Once and awhile a third name would show up. Seriously, WTF?
    It is like when squadmates would simple disregard manners and spawn with whatever kit they like (usually snipers) or decide to grab themselves an armor/chopper/airplane. I agree with your grief.

Other day one squadmate would move to a nearby flag often (disregarding the objective) and sometimes I ended up spawning on him by mistake. :/
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

It's never fun when you want the best squad experience and don't get it. But I think this situation is the type that should be considered something to be handled in private with the specific parties. They were on Teamspeak? If so, then you should be able to one way or another address the issue with them. If not, there are the admins.

Comment

This is a general observation, as I even typed it in All chat to all players. Not just my squad. This is an attempt for some to read this and ask themselves, what would I have done? Would you have responded by reinforcing the flags closest to the UCB? Or, continued to try and hold C, the flag much closer to the enemy UCB and then fight a two front war? It's Tactics, and in this case the Russian tactics of no defense, failed horribly.
        sigpic

Comment

This is a general observation, as I even typed it in All chat to all players. Not just my squad. This is an attempt for some to read this and ask themselves, what would I have done? Would you have responded by reinforcing the flags closest to the UCB? Or, continued to try and hold C, the flag much closer to the enemy UCB and then fight a two front war? It's Tactics, and in this case the Russian tactics of no defense, failed horribly.
          Ok, cool. Noted.

Comment

I feel your frustration.
            Siene Crossiong is my favourite map, relying on good teamwork and squad coordination to win the round . If the teamwork is not there you will lose.
            I am hoping that your squad was not made up of regulars, I have found that on the servers (not TG) it quickly turns into a sniper/ mortar fight.
            Even on our server the round can degenerate to the losing team holding one flag, desperatly.

You had a bad round this time, but I think it is an exemption to the rule. Siene Crossing on TG is awesome!
            "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Same thing happens to me during Peak.
              If its conquest large, you only need the 3 flags.
              If you get the tank in the middle of C and get 3 engis, you pretty much win.

Yes, kinda sad when squads dont work together in some cases.

Comment

Getting people to defend is always a chore. I have been playing when all the SL wants to do is hop from flag to flag. As soon as we get to the next flag the one we just left flips. Very annoying.
                Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

As this is more about the fact that defense is not seen as a tactic, I will not bring up names. But I will say this, I was surprised by it and that kind of lead to my being so upset about it.
                  sigpic

Comment

I understand this frustration completely as well, seeing how I've (and im sure many others) have kicked from there squad for non-listening squad members. I was on sharqui penisula yesterday and half the round i defended between A and B and gave support to ally attackers on D and we crushed the opposing team by over 200 tickets if I remember right. Defending is a very valid and important tactic, for those who did not think so. The real point is, there is a time for defense and a time for offense, so listen to the squad lead! :p
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

It is against server rules to disobey SL orders. If your squad doesn't listen to you, find an admin, or report them on chat, and we will remove them, and make room for other players who will.

Comment

If your the same Xen I played with last night, I was your SL for a short period of time and you did a great job. I am not sure if you were in my squad earlier in the day or not, but I was having similar issues with other members. Best thing you can do is relay your orders; if they dont listen, warn them about being kicked from squad; kick them from squad and hope you get better squad mates. I would rather be in a squad of two or three with it acting as a squad, than be in a full squad with no one listening. Might as well be alone. Just my 2 cents. I hesitate to say report the person to admin, as they are pretty busy as is, but it is a server rule. I will leave that decision to someone else.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Kicking them out of your squad only dumps the problem onto another squad. Those types of players don't belong here. Do the right thing, report them, and have them removed from the server. Admins are never too busy to make our servers a better place.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...rt-server.html

Comment

i love to defend hate the whak a mole.I will join you anytime

Comment

Man what a let down. I thought this would be a thread about a 5 guys burger...

(PS if you do not know what 5 guys is A) you are missing out B) don't speculate)
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X