A Request for a Critique.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Request for a Critique.

After seeing this comment that WhiskeySix posted in another thread.

As it pertains to sniper-rifles in CQB: admins do notice play styles, and when a player establishes a trend of playing in a way that degrades the server environment rather than improving it, steps will be taken to correct that problem.
    I'm asking a question, or a critique if you will. Those who play with me, as an enemy, or as an ally, what do you see me doing well and what do you see that I need to improve on? I looking for observations on things like, do i give consice direction as SL or, do I tend to employ predictable tactics, do I appear in areas that you don't expect?

I'm wanting to step up my game, and be a better asset to my team. At the same time, there are some things that I know I will disagree because of personal issues. Medic Revives... Anyhow I digress, thank you ahead of time for your participation. I welcome any and all feedback.
    sigpic

Re: A Request for a Critique.

Originally posted by Xen View Post
    At the same time, there are some things that I know I will disagree because of personal issues. Medic Revives...
    I am curious, please explain what you mean by this re: Medic revives.
    sigpic

Comment

Ok, stop putting out those claymore mines! I keep tripping over them!

Comment

I don't like the claymores mines, c4 is so much more fun. Plus I like to see the people I kill, makes me feel like I earned it :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate always finding you and we seem to always die at the same time =/

Comment

Medic Revive: I'm a retired wilderness EMT, worked search and rescue in the rocky mountians. Getting someone to the point they are mobile, takes time. And while this is a game and it does need to be sped up, I feel the instant revive is not realistic. Taking it one step further, it promotes unrealistic tactics where squads leapfrog cover to cover, while under heavy fire. If the medic had to take 3 seconds to revive their squad mate, you would have to change the tactics of how you move across the map, IMO more realistic to combat. Squads would have to cover one another while they advance on an objective. I choose not to play assault kit because I do not want to help foster that sort of game play. I can't change the timer, but I can change my game play and be able to enjoy the game. Any other kit, and I'm all about it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
              Medic Revive: I'm a retired wilderness EMT, worked search and rescue in the rocky mountians. Getting someone to the point they are mobile, takes time. And while this is a game and it does need to be sped up, I feel the instant revive is not realistic. Taking it one step further, it promotes unrealistic tactics where squads leapfrog cover to cover, while under heavy fire. If the medic had to take 3 seconds to revive their squad mate, you would have to change the tactics of how you move across the map, IMO more realistic to combat. Squads would have to cover one another while they advance on an objective. I choose not to play assault kit because I do not want to help foster that sort of game play. I can't change the timer, but I can change my game play and be able to enjoy the game. Any other kit, and I'm all about it.
              You can simply change your game style to suit your preference. I try to avoid more and more unnecessary revives that can end up killing myself.

Sometime ago someone posted here how LMG's with foregrips were BS, then (in shame) I decided to redo my support playing style around bipods. Personal decision.
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by notoffensivenow View Post
                Personal decision.
                Someone gets it! You don't "not" play assault.....you play smarter assault. leapfrogging is a cheap "tactic" if you can even call it that. So don't do it,...be what TG stands for. choose to not revive teammates when you know the guy that killed him is still there. Clear him out and then revive. Or tell the downed player your not reviving him and why. Notoffensivenow hit the nail on the head. Don't do what the masses do,.....do it better.
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Unless a tactic is legitimately unfair and an unintended game mechanic then I feel action should be taken. However, if this isn't the case i'm all for ridding the TG world of claymores ;). Also, Xen, I think if you were doing something that was frowned upon, the community would likely let you know its becoming an issue.-Disregard this, I read the original post a little wrong haha.

I revive people every chance I can, especially in Rush as every ticket counts. Sometimes it's under fire, sometimes it isn't.
                  Last edited by Zid; 01-17-2012, 04:08 PM.
                  Current member of the

Comment

I disagree in regards to Reviving. In bf3 , when you see a player down, just revive him even if u know the enemy is around. The revive period allowed in bf3 is way too short, compared to Bf2/PoE, where you had enough time to kill everyone and then revive. But thats me :)

Comment

What would be your response if you came into a squad and the SL ordered you to go Medic/Assault?
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Well first I would advise him that I do not have the Defib unlocked. Which I don't. If he was persistance, I would only lay down Medkits, and use whatever weapon tht kit offers to cover and defend my squad. Once the Defib unlocked, I would refuse to use it, similar to a conscientious objector. Again, I feel that an insta revive not realistic, and for me, breaks the spirit of the Primer. Having 4 Medics in a squad limits that squad's ability to deal with the battlefield as it presents itself, without having someone die and change kits. As I said, this is my personal feeling on it, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind about it. I feel that I have always held the Primer to a higher standard than most that play here at TG, to the point that I started a huge argument over it a long time ago. I do not want to do that again, so I choose to play the kits I feel don't break the Primer.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                          Someone gets it! You don't "not" play assault.....you play smarter assault. leapfrogging is a cheap "tactic" if you can even call it that. So don't do it,...be what TG stands for. choose to not revive teammates when you know the guy that killed him is still there. Clear him out and then revive. Or tell the downed player your not reviving him and why. Notoffensivenow hit the nail on the head. Don't do what the masses do,.....do it better.
                          Ven the issue comes down to following orders. I may be ordered to play a style I feel is against the Primer. I may not get the choice to play it differently than the masses. So, if I never unlock the Defil, I will never have to worry about being ordered into that position. Not sure how else to explain it.
                          sigpic

Comment

How exactly does the revive mechanic break the spirit of the Primer?

Comment

#3 of the primer, near simulation.

It takes a minute, minimum to do an initial assessment of a "patient" before even starting any sort of treatment. Add to that, the amount of time it takes to actually get a person to be mobile, I.E. either on a litter or under their own power can take 5 minutes to hours.

And yes, while this is a game, even having a 3-5 second timer would be more realistic, than the instant revive. They have a timer for repair tools (IE you have to apply it over time to repair a vehicle), capping MCOM, and flag captures, the mechanic is in the game, why not apply it to the Defib? To force everyone in a squad to be a medic, I feel is breach of using an intended game mechanic to exploit the game. It promotes tactics that breach the Primer IMO. We should to apply the Primer to the Game, not the Game to the Primer.

Think about this senario:

Your squad is moving along a street in a small town, with limited contact with the enemy. You get to an area where the cover you have been using ends, but across the street more cover for the squad is available and is in the direction of the mission. The first guy that goes sprinting across the open street get's shot, falling down in the middle of the street. It is appearent He will die within the hour if medic can not get to him.

Real Life Response: the medic of the squad, using cover fire may attempt to rescue the fallen sqaud mate, dragging him back to the squad. Or the squad may try to flank the sniper and remove him as a threat before the medic starts working to save life. If that fails, and all other options for saving that life have failed, they retreat, leaving the squadmate to die.

In Game Response (from observations): the next guy, runs by reviving the fallen guy while the squad covers, both guys get to the new cover and after a pinning the sniper down, the rest of the squad moves up. Or, the whole squad can move and just keep reviving any that the sniper drops until the sniper can not see them behind the new cover. They can then either continue to the objective or hunt down the sniper.

If the Game had a 3 second Revive Timer Response: when the squad mate get's hit, the squad has to pin the sniper. Once the medic feels he can attempt the 3 second revive, he moves to the downed soldier and starts reviving. The rest of the squad has to take those three seconds to insure the medic isn't interupted/killed. Once done, the squad then can decide it's next move.

I can not apply the primer to the game and not feel that every time I used the Defib, I'm breaching the spirit of what the primer is. All it would take to fix that, would be some sort of timer for the defib to revive. I know it may seem like a minor difference, but the timer would cause a more realistic approach to combat. The tactics that would then have to be employed for a revive would be completely different, and also more realistic. I think that it is the tactics of use that I have the issue with, not so much the defib itself.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X