No announcement yet.

Claymore MCOM Defense on Rush Maps.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] Claymore MCOM Defense on Rush Maps.

(I want to quantify this by saying this writeup is a work in progess)

Purpose: To effectively show defensive tactics, using the M18 Claymore AP mine.

1.) The first thing to understand is that grenades blow up claymores, as do directly shooting them. The key is placing them in stratigic locations, that the enemy can not get LOS on or be able to toss a nade next too.

2.) Location, Location, Location... It can't be repeated enough. The locations that tend to be best are, a half a body length from an opening in a wall or doorway. This is usually far enough away the random nade will miss, and the enemy will not see until he is inline with it. Plant close the MCOM's but not on top of them, enemy tends to nade the MCOM's before rushing in to Cap it. Also look for things you can place mines under, vegitation, debris, or wreckage. Areas that the enemy will want to hide behind when coming under fire, as they will tend to be running to it.

3.) Look at the area near the MCOM and imagine you were the enemy; how would you get to the MCOM? Look at the various routes, and the routes that can be made during the round. What maybe a good placement near the start of the round may not be the best placement towards the end of the round. Now, look at those routes, and identify various places that can effectively be mined, where the mines can not be seen. Also, as stated before, the closer to the MCOM, the faster the enemy tends to be moving, but only if they are engaged.

4.) Common misconception about Claymores, they are not a static defense. If the enemy sneaks by, the claymore won't care. Watch your mines and force the enemy to run past them. Most of the enemy, if under fire has very few choices, either stay in cover, not advancing, rush forwards towards new cover, or retreat and find a way to flank. Claymores can help stop two of these, the Rush and the Flank.

5.) Because of how many mine can be planted at one time, it's wise to have a squad commited to doing this per flag. 2-3 miners with a Assault or Engy support. This will insure that you have optimum coverage.
    sigpic

Re: Claymore MCOM Defense on Rush Maps.

crudolla, could someone move this to the Tactic's folder... I failed at reading the subforums folders names.
    sigpic

Comment

Xen, you forgot one purpose of mines;

7.) Entertainment value. You just died from an attacker, then POW, he dies from your claymore you had just laid! (Hee Hee!) Your friend taunts you from the other side and then, KABLOYEY! He trips over a mine and it takes one of his friends with it. (Ha! Ha! Ha!) "Darn ur hide Gunney!" You change kits and go Engee for awhile and ten minutes later, BLAMOO! A mine goes off on far side of map. (Giggle Giggle.) Some of you are probibly not aware that when my mines go off, I actually laugh. I'm not kidding. You guys that trip my claymore mines make my day! :)

Comment

From now on my mission is going to be EOD and find and destroy all your claymores gunney lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
          Some of you are probibly not aware that when my mines go off, I actually laugh. I'm not kidding. You guys that trip my claymore mines make my day! :)
          Anyone that knows you could hear your laughing.

Comment

It is my goal to one day be as good with claymores as Gunney!
            sigpic

Comment

So much more fun to fill the mcoms with C4 and boom.

Good Guide.

Comment

Also, Gunney, I find it satifying when I die, the enemy relaxes and then runs right into my mine. Insta Revenge. Gratifying and I was able to delay the MCOM capture just that much longer.
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X