Server suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server suggestions

So after 2 weeks of playing on the servers there seems a small problem.
    People don't seem to like rush.

I had a great time in rush tonight but talk was going on about why its dead.
    Some say there is a huge difference between the TG teamplay between the two.
    I can understand that during rush the teamplay gets sluggish and is an all out rush to arm and defuse.

While Conquest, The squad can plan their attacks and defence while in rush you are only limited to attack or defence of 2 mcoms in a small area.

I also heard talk about infantry only.
    I think INF only would be a great idea.

If you ever played BF2 Strike INF only, it really had a great deal of squad play when more than 2 squads would gather around each other.

My other opinion is the difference between large maps and full rotation.
    It's nice to have huge maps but after a while it can seem like its the same thing every map.

So I suggest that having 2 servers would be enough but on the other hand we have 3 so changing one doesn't hurt.

Maybe

Conquest large maps
    Conquest full rotation
    Conquest Inf

Just needed to get this out.

Re: Server suggestions

I was just thinking the same thing, would kill to play on an INF only TG server. Or even a 44 man server with smaller oriented maps...Not all of us are tank drivers or jet pilots ya know.
    Current member of the

Comment

I think I had enough of fighting over MCOMS in BC2 that the Rush mode has lost much appeal to me. It seems to reduce the game to a knife fight in a telephone booth -- but I must add that I have had waaay too little time in BF3 rush to be certain about my first impression.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
        I think I had enough of fighting over MCOMS in BC2 that the Rush mode has lost much appeal to me. It seems to reduce the game to a knife fight in a telephone booth -- but I must add that I have had waaay too little time in BF3 rush to be certain about my first impression.

Rush is the same.
        Nothing has changed from BC2 to BF3.

Some maps are Attack sided or some maps are Defender sided.

The Placement of the mcoms are also an issue.
        Good example is Grand Bazaar.

Comment

I would love to see an infantry only server. If not that, perhaps a map selection that focused more on infantry than soflams and guided munitions.

Comment

I fully support an infantry-only server. Maps like Grand Bazaar, Seine Crossing, and other maps with a single IFV/MBT tend to favor the team with the better tank operator - too many times resources are diverted trying to take out the tank than focusing on the objectives. The result is an unbalanced team being dominated by a tank and 2 or 3 engineers. I understand that's a part of Battlefield, but I think it really hurts the gameplay moreso than adds to it.

To add to that, I feel certain maps need to be left off an infantry-only especially linear maps like Davamand Peak, where vehicles are used to "break" the linearity.

Comment

Metal, does this have to do with my tank driving?

Infantry only would be fun, since I feel paranoid whenever i play maps while not an engineer. Keep the maps smaller, or use Rush infantry only.
              |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I'd like to see an infantry only conquest server. I feel rush funnels players into the grinder. There's little room for flanking etc.

Infantry only conquest on the other hand would be great. More often than not I find myself saying "Well I really wanted to work on my recon kit, but it looks like I HAVE to break out the engy gear." then having to play shoot the tank in the ass the rest of the round.
                Last edited by Spyder228; 01-17-2012, 03:09 PM.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

infantry only would be so cool! but also , when playing BC2 , i saw sometimes , a limited amount of snipers per team( like or 3). I find it changes the dynamics of the game. Less fooling around.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
                    Metal, does this have to do with my tank driving?

Infantry only would be fun, since I feel paranoid whenever i play maps while not an engineer. Keep the maps smaller, or use Rush infantry only.

Lol, Nope, because we are both great tank drivers.

@Pvt Brokeback
                    Great idea,
                    I do enjoy Rush but a INF Conquest would be a great change to our line up.

Edit:

After playing rush again tonight, not much going on.

I think having a mixed INF server would be smart.
                    So we can have a few Rush maps in the mix with INF maps.

Conquest INF Maps:
                    Strike at Karkand
                    Wake Island*
                    Sharqi Peninsula
                    Operation Metro
                    Caspian Border
                    Grand Bazaar
                    Tehran Highway
                    Seine Crossing

Rush INF:
                    Strike at Karkand
                    Wake Island*
                    Seine Crossing
                    Damavand Peak
                    Tehran Highway
                    Caspian Border
                    Grand Bazaar

* Depends if certain assets can be turned off or on.
                    Like turning tanks off but boats on.
                    Last edited by FullMetalOTN; 01-17-2012, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X