This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacMod

Those were fun rounds! Tell us about BF3 TacMod. Please?

Re: TacMod

I was the server but stayed out =)

Isn't it just server settings and HP being so low you die in one hit?

Comment

We're still in the testing phase at the moment, so nothing is set in stone. It will more than likely be a couple of weeks until we have everything up and going full-tilt. In the meantime, I'm not going to provide any specific details because:
      A.) Nothing is final yet and we've got a whole lot we're working on.
      B.) I'd probably get beaten with a broomhandle if I tell you guys anything more than you already know.

However, that beind said, we will be having several public "testing" sessions before it goes live full time, so keep your eyes peeled.

Comment

Will be looking out for it. Enjoyed very much!

Comment

Those were some fun rounds, thanks for the effort. I look forward to more.

Comment

Some great play last night, gutted I had to go to bed for uni this morning, would have easily pulled an all nighter with this.

I hope on Karkand that my M240 fire support position caused you a headache as you tried to push towards E! that was until lancer decided to become a royal pain in the arse, if he missed the first shot it was dive to cover and try and guess where he was to direct someone to him.

But thanks to everyone that played, hope you got a good flavour of the tactics and patience required to be successful and found that the squad/team play was enjoyable. Look forward to more.
            AnimalMother
            Ex TG-31st LR
            "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
            sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I really enjoyed those rounds. It's definitely going to lead to a radically different style of play, whatever the final settings wind up being.
              |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

I want some!

What are we talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalMother View Post
                  I hope on Karkand that my M240 fire support position caused you a headache as you tried to push towards E! that was until lancer decided to become a royal pain in the arse, if he missed the first shot it was dive to cover and try and guess where he was to direct someone to him.
                  As I told Jeepo, I very much take that as a compliment :D It took me a couple shots to get you ranged correctly, but then I just settled in to a routine. I probably settled in a little too well as I got blind-sided by Ristin and mikes000 a few times that I really should have been more alert for.

Very good rounds last night in all, and really looking forward to the next run of tests.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Great fun on the server last night! You know it is going to be fun when you need to rely on smoke to move and suppressing fire works extremely well. We'll continue to tweak the settings and we'll have a few other surprises coming that will make the tac mod a lot of fun!

You'd better defend those flags....

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I would say ban Frag rounds, since they are one hit kills if the round lands within 3 feet of the target. Slug shot is a one hit kill, but much harder to aim and use. The rest of the shotgun ammo don't seem over powered, but I've managed to kill infantry like shooting birds a couple of times.

Not having a minimap makes me feel paranoid, and i was glad to see more medics and getting revived for once. I can't imagine how painful things will get when armor/aircraft is thrown in.
                      |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I am really glad you guys like it so far. As said by some of the guys above, we still have work to do so stand by for further testing.

I will say one thing. Playing this mod is a learning curve for all of us. Smoke is necessary, and suppression is KEY. The weapons are accurate so its best to remember not to put your head up if suppressed. Vehicles ARE powerful, but can be killed. Smoking them, surrounding them and coordinating in testing so far has meant they die easily enough. The only time I have found a vehicle hard to kill as such was when a tank, APC and 2 infantry squads hit my squad one night. THAT was impossible, but then you could argue that it should be. The only way to take them down would be to organise a similar force to meet them......and that is the beauty of TacMod, it MAKES you work together or you get SEVERELY punished, as it should be.

Cheers for the feedback so far guys.

Comment

So, for those not in the know...BF3 TacMod is probably the worst kept secret in history....

A server setup very differently from our other servers, in a similar fashion to the BF2 TacMod back in the day.

Comment

This sounds intense

Comment

I have played a few rounds and I like the concept of forcing you to make good decisions on the battlefield. When the consequences are greater for bad or hasty decisions it makes you think. More of a challenge and that is a good thing. It also exponentially increases the need for squad cohesion; another good thing. Hopefully the testing will allow the admins to find the sweet spot between tactical movements and camping. Looking forward to how this mod progresses.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X