Ribbon Challenge!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Ribbon Challenge!

I hearby declare this week to be Ribbon Week!

"But Aruncado, the thread title is Ribbon Challenge, and now you're saying Ribbon Week...I'm confused." Exactly! The reason the thread is entitled Ribbon Challenge is because I am issuing a challenge to every member to participate in Ribbon Week! We have a growing community full of talented people...and yet, we aren't getting very many submissions for ribbon nominations. The challenge is this: each one of you submit 1 nomination this week. That's it...just one little nomination over the whole week. Even if you only play once this week for an hour or two. That will still be 2-4 rounds with 30-60 players every round. That is roughly 60-240 people you will have played with! And you want me to believe that out of all those people there isn't at least 1 that is deserving of at least a class I ribbon?!? Maybe you just don't know what the ribbons system is or possibly your standards are just too high for the lower class ribbons. In either case allow me to provide some helpful information! (And by that I mean links) :row__577:

My unofficial ribbons instruction guide recently endorsed by Ribbons himself!
    Great descriptions of the ribbon classes provided by Ribbons himself!

"Seriously Aruncado...I think you're a little cracked mate. Why should we even bother to participate in something that is obviously unofficial and not endorsed." Ohh really? You know who says you should participate?
    Last edited by Aruncado; 01-23-2012, 06:07 PM.

Re: Ribbon Challenge!

I do.

Acknowledge your teammates' Outstanding and Distinguished efforts: Submit a nomination!

Comment

That's right...he does! Ribbons has spoken!

Now go ahead...submit your nomination for the Ribbon Challenge. You have until Sunday, January 30, 2012. :row__577:

Comment

Time to spend a good hour tonight doing this.
        Good luck guys, You gonna need it.

Comment

Hope you all had some good rounds last night, and on that note we hope you all saw someone deserving of a Class I ribbon! Get those nominations in!

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Glad to see this up and going, it promotes people to get out of their shell and work for something. Hope to see a lot of ribbons in the near future!

:)
            A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

Challenge Accepted .

Comment

Let's do this!
                "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Alright, time to get to business. I'm sure there are a lot of new nominations for me to sort through and move into the admin voting forums. Wait...what? This can't be right...none...not one nomination? If you guys are going to participate in the Ribbon Challenge you need to get writing! If you're not careful you'll disappoint Ribbons...he was so looking forward to giving out a bunch of awards. He has been getting bored lately since he hasn't been getting much work to do. That is why we put this Ribbon Challenge to together. We're trying to give the poor guy an excuse to get outside, get some sun, maybe meet some new people! So submit some nominations...don't just do it 'cause I tell you, don't just do it for your fellow TG members, do it for Ribbons! :row__577:

Comment

"Prease submit at reast a few nominations. I'm so ronery." :icon9:

Okay, so maybe it isn't quite that bad...but it would be nice to have just a few to process.

Acknowledge your teammates' Outstanding and Distinguished efforts: Submit a nomination!

Comment

Originally posted by June2142 View Post
                      Challenge Accepted .
                      He Speaks!

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Okay, I've never submitted a nomination, so I'll ask some basic questions which I'm sure others have:
                        • Often times, I play with various TG members for only a single session (~3 rounds). Maybe because I'm relatively new to ribbons, it feels uncharacteristic to nominate a player for ribbons based on such a short window. Is there a recommended time frame or threshold we should have for nominating someone? In other words, is it okay to nominate someone based off his or her performance of a single round? How about a single session?
                        • When nominating someone, do we also recommend the class as well? Or is that something that's decided upon by the ribbon committee?
                        • I can't think of a 3rd question, but an odd number of bullet points is more aesthetically appealing than an even number of points... so yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt Brokeback View Post
                          Okay, I've never submitted a nomination, so I'll ask some basic questions which I'm sure others have:
                          • Often times, I play with various TG members for only a single session (~3 rounds). Maybe because I'm relatively new to ribbons, it feels uncharacteristic to nominate a player for ribbons based on such a short window. Is there a recommended time frame or threshold we should have for nominating someone? In other words, is it okay to nominate someone based off his or her performance of a single round? How about a single session?
                          • When nominating someone, do we also recommend the class as well? Or is that something that's decided upon by the ribbon committee?
                          • I can't think of a 3rd question, but an odd number of bullet points is more aesthetically appealing than an even number of points... so yeah.
                          Absolutely you can nominate someone after a performance of a single round. I have done that before and it was after an exceptional performance of my squad leader. Which ties into your second question. Make sure to specify what are you nominating the person for, be it for a medic ribbon or squad leading ribbon.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

To clarify, I meant class as in "ribbon level", e.g., Class I, Class II, etc.

Comment

I believe the class of ribbon is dependent upon whether or not the person has already received the ribbon in question--or at least, that's been my understanding. Each class of ribbon requires a more thorough explanation and more fitting example of why it's deserved. I'm sure Arun can expound upon that further.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X